13/12/2016 | Everton 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

13/12/2016 | Everton 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Angelito » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Image Image

Tuesday 13th December 19:45
Goodison Park
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28693
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Ospina

Bellerin Gabriel Kos Gibbs

Coq Ramsey

Theo Ozil Perez

Alexis
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby BouncySean » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Cech
Bellerin---Gab---Kos---Gibbs
----------Xhaka---El Neny------
Ox-----------Ozil-----------Lucas
Alexis
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Nuggets » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:17 pm

BouncySean wrote:Cech
Bellerin---Gab---Kos---Gibbs
----------Xhaka---El Neny------
Ox-----------Ozil-----------Lucas
Alexis

I can live with that. :Peace:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18196
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Predictions thread open -

viewtopic.php?f=15&p=1472663#p1472663
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 33478
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Fenice » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Will Perez ever start in the league? Who knows. Clearly an affair behind closed doors.
Image
User avatar
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7473
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mustafi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:37 pm

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Coquelin
Lucas - Özil - Ox
Alexis

Subs: Ospina - Holding - Gibbs - Ramsey - Iwobi - Walcott - Giroud
Mustafi
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 am
Location: Bremen, Germany

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Mustafi wrote:
Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Coquelin
Lucas - Özil - Ox
Alexis

Subs: Ospina - Holding - Gibbs - Ramsey - Iwobi - Walcott - Giroud


This. Although unsure whether to start Gibbs or Monreal here considering we have Man. City at the weekend. I think whoever starts here at LB should not start against City.

If Mustafi's fit I would also start Gabriel at RB so that Bellerin's at 100% for the weekend
Leno
(Runarsson/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Gabriel Tierney
(Cedric/Niles) (Holding/Mustafi) (Mari/Sokratis) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka
(Elneny/Luiz)
Partey —- Ceballos
(Torreira/Matteo) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba(c)
(Willian/ESR) -------------------- (Saka/Nelson)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 10/26/20
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18234
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mustafi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Coquelin
Lucas - Özil - Ox
Alexis

Subs: Ospina - Holding - Gibbs - Ramsey - Iwobi - Walcott - Giroud


This. Although unsure whether to start Gibbs or Monreal here considering we have Man. City at the weekend. I think whoever starts here at LB should not start against City.

If Mustafi's fit I would also start Gabriel at RB so that Bellerin's at 100% for the weekend


I think both, Gibbs and Monreal, are on a very similar level now. I wouldn't mind Gibbs starting against City. Gibbs is the one in better form too.
You are right about not rushing Bellerin into the team, but i think it's also not a good idea, to let Mustafi play after 3 days, even if he's fit with the fixtures awaiting us the next weeks.

Two other possibilities without both could be:

Gabriel - Holding - Koscielny - Monreal/Gibbs
or
Jenkinson - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal/Gibbs
Mustafi
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:06 am
Location: Bremen, Germany

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Mustafi wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal
Xhaka - Coquelin
Lucas - Özil - Ox
Alexis

Subs: Ospina - Holding - Gibbs - Ramsey - Iwobi - Walcott - Giroud


This. Although unsure whether to start Gibbs or Monreal here considering we have Man. City at the weekend. I think whoever starts here at LB should not start against City.

If Mustafi's fit I would also start Gabriel at RB so that Bellerin's at 100% for the weekend


I think both, Gibbs and Monreal, are on a very similar level now. I wouldn't mind Gibbs starting against City. Gibbs is the one in better form too.
You are right about not rushing Bellerin into the team, but i think it's also not a good idea, to let Mustafi play after 3 days, even if he's fit with the fixtures awaiting us the next weeks.

Two other possibilities without both could be:

Gabriel - Holding - Koscielny - Monreal/Gibbs
or
Jenkinson - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal/Gibbs


Although we might get away with starting Holding or Jenkinson here, its better to be safe especially with a fixture like this. I'd stick with Bellerin and monitor how he gets on. Looked fine today
Leno
(Runarsson/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Gabriel Tierney
(Cedric/Niles) (Holding/Mustafi) (Mari/Sokratis) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka
(Elneny/Luiz)
Partey —- Ceballos
(Torreira/Matteo) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba(c)
(Willian/ESR) -------------------- (Saka/Nelson)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 10/26/20
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18234
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Everton in terrible form but going to their ground is never easy

Koeman also has a good record v Wenger
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Gibbs should start since he's good enough. No reason to play Nacho 3 games in 1 week when we have a capable rotation option
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Gibbs should be starting period based on midweek
Massa
Predictions League 2012-13, 2013-14 Winner
Predictions League 2012-13, 2013-14 Winner
 
Posts: 36449
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Angelito » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Cech
Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Gibbs
Xhaka - Coquelin
Lucas - Ozil - Oxlade
Alexis
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 28693
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: 13/12/2016 | Everton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 pm

why would you drop Theo after he looked more lively and scored again today? Unless you want to save him for the City game..?
Image
User avatar
Santi
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 37196
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Next

Return to Matchday chat 16/17

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron