06/12/2016 | FC Basel 1-4 Arsenal | UCL

Re: 06/12/2016 | FC Basel vs Arsenal | UCL

Postby Alexis » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Unbeaten in group stage.

Last time that happened, we got our arses all the way to paris to get fuked over by uefalona but hey ill take another final.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:44 pm

This is why luck is overrated. You make your own luck, we were by far the better team in this group, and were the better team in probably most of those games as well.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Fell asleep at 4-0, pleased to be top of our group! Good to see Perez doing well too!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:34 am

i hate the idea of rooting for "we get benfica or something"

why dont you just go kick a dog or something, ffs

no team worth its salt shrinks from ANY opponent. we get who we get.

just play the higher brand AFC football and victory is always possible... :arsenal3:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby kronickaos » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:43 am

Losmeister wrote:i hate the idea of rooting for "we get benfica or something"

just play the higher brand AFC football and victory is always possible... :arsenal3:

woah, i actually agree with a Marinite on something :dizzy: :clap:
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:47 am

Every team with an ounce of sense would prefer an easier opponent to a tough one, no need to be jack the lad.

Imo we can beat anyone bar Madrid and Bayern, I still want us to get Benfica or someone shitter next. Be nice to actually avenge the Monaco shocker and get through to the last 8 for once.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: 06/12/2016 | FC Basel 1-4 Arsenal | UCL

Postby Cripps » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:51 am

Cant avenge Monaco defeat
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:52 am

Cripps wrote:Cant avenge Monaco defeat

Yes we can, by getting through instead of f***ing up.

I know you're trying to be literal n think I meant play Monaco specifically but wrong :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:59 am

Superb result and I'm delighted we finished top, no matter who we draw. Ludogorets proved tonight that they're no mugs and those people moaning that we only beat them 3-2 at their place need to be more realistic.

Great to see Perez back with a hat-trick too, and Iwobi's goal will do wonder for his confidence. He needed that.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:37 am

Mesüt wrote:

Every team with an ounce of sense would prefer an easier opponent to a tough one, no need to be jack the lad.

Imo we can beat anyone bar Madrid and Bayern, I still want us to get Benfica or someone shitter next. Be nice to actually avenge the Monaco shocker and get through to the last 8 for once.

disagree w/ wanting an easier opponent. the very opposite of a champion mentality.
i dont mean it in a brash way. how to say? long ago before my knees were destroyed i used to play urban pickup basketball. we ended up playing this team that was owning the court for a couple hours mostly by dominating the boards. halfway through our match i noticed no one was challenging the bruiser inside. so i said f**k it and started crashing the boards every offensive possession , ended up with some tip outs that we recovered and converted.
it was largely mental.

as far as LIVING in Marin. it's equidistant from my job and the wifey's. not FROM Marin.
not OF Marin. if you are nearby enough we should get together! :dontknow:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:56 am

Bollocks.

Half the people talking about wanting to play world all-stars are the same people who gave Mourinho massive credit for his first CL win.

He hardly played world beaters on the way to the final and lucked out with Monaco ffs.

The further you get, the more belief you have and eventually, it comes down to 90 minutes of your life to win the CL. If we end up playing Copenhagen in the final and win it, it doesn't make it any less of a win.

Ask a Chelsea fan if he gives a shit that they destroyed football on the way to lifting their European title. They'll laugh in your face and tbf, you'd probably feel a bit stupid for bringing it up.

Pubbers all the way please.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:08 am

some fans only care about the result. i thought gooners wanted good football.

chlelski fans? dillgaf???

am not saying i DESIRE that we go through the toughest draw. i am saying..what am i saying?

eg- i dont cheer when the opponent misses an easy FG in the NFL.

it'd be cool if AFC can win a UCL in my lifetime and i hope they do it playing good football.

you go right on and cheer for missed FGs and shite comeptition. we just see it differnetly
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:19 pm

i want a CL trophy over good football and beating Barca, Bayern and Madrid on the way to doing it.

I mean we've not even been close to winning the thing for yonks, let's at least get through the round of 16 before we start getting all high and mighty about going through the toughest teams imo, each to their own of course.

End of the day i'd take bit of Costa shithousery in the final for us to win it if necessary, 2 years down the line who's gonna remember.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Zedie wrote:Bollocks.

Half the people talking about wanting to play world all-stars are the same people who gave Mourinho massive credit for his first CL win.

He hardly played world beaters on the way to the final and lucked out with Monaco ffs.

The further you get, the more belief you have and eventually, it comes down to 90 minutes of your life to win the CL. If we end up playing Copenhagen in the final and win it, it doesn't make it any less of a win.

Ask a Chelsea fan if he gives a shit that they destroyed football on the way to lifting their European title. They'll laugh in your face and tbf, you'd probably feel a bit stupid for bringing it up.

Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Big17 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Massa wrote:
Zedie wrote:Bollocks.

I read this post at around 11.30am and I've been dreaming of different scenarios since.

Basically it's our year. The CL dream is alive

Mesut pitch invasion at the Emirates part 2 is coming.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17