15/10/2016 | Arsenal 3-2 Swansea City | Premier League

Re: 15/10/2016 | Arsenal 3-2 Swansea City | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:17 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:I can understand cynical fouls. A little trip here and there.

When you leave the ground, go in high and most importantly injure the player that he has to go off eventually, that's a red.

Same people saying it isn't a red would be calling for a red had their player done it to ours.

It's hilarious.

I already told you. If this was the other way around I'd be saying yellow. I don't do biased bullshit, it's not beneficial to your own team anyway.

It's not a red because he's kicked the back of his leg while running, which is a foul. There's nothing dangerous or violent about it. All we add to that is the cynicism, which upgrades it to professional foul which is yellow.

Additionally, citing the injury to the player is a joke. Why? The player went off injured 15 minutes later. What did the ref do? Look forward in time 15 minutes to make his decision?

He tried to play on and couldn't. Believe it or not but unlike our pussy players, most try to play through pain.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Cripps wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:I can understand cynical fouls. A little trip here and there.

When you leave the ground, go in high and most importantly injure the player that he has to go off eventually, that's a red.

Same people saying it isn't a red would be calling for a red had their player done it to ours.

It's hilarious.

I already told you. If this was the other way around I'd be saying yellow. I don't do biased bullshit, it's not beneficial to your own team anyway.

It's not a red because he's kicked the back of his leg while running, which is a foul. There's nothing dangerous or violent about it. All we add to that is the cynicism, which upgrades it to professional foul which is yellow.

Additionally, citing the injury to the player is a joke. Why? The player went off injured 15 minutes later. What did the ref do? Look forward in time 15 minutes to make his decision?

He tried to play on and couldn't. Believe it or not but unlike our pussy players, most try to play through pain.

So what? The ref talked to the player, the player said he was hurt so he gave a red? So we're basing card decisions on whether a player says they're injured or not?

Besides, injury itself is irrelevant. You can get injured from a good challenge. You can avoid injury from a challenge that could've broken your leg. You can get injured from tackling ANOTHER player ffs.

It's fine if you think it's a red but at least cite reasons that make sense.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:22 pm

In the reolay it looked like he kicked out at him and at the point he made such a challenge, he knew he couldnt get the ball. Ill change my opinion when I see a closer replay.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nejch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Myrmedus destroying everything and everyone. You da man.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 pm

What?

It was dangerous cos the player got hurt. That's really not that hard to understand. Yes players can get hurt by good challenges. This wasn't one so it's a moot point.

It was high.

It's a blatant red. The bias here is hilarious ffs.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: 15/10/2016 | Arsenal vs Swansea City | Premier League

Postby Zedie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Be honest, how many times have you seen a straight red for that and how many times have you seen a yellow?

Well jumping with a stretched leg with no chance of getting the ball plus doing a tactical foul is mostly a red afaik.

Lol OK. Next time this happens, and it will happen, ill be expecting you to be going nuts. Of course you won't, because you know, it deserves a yellow at most, just like it mostly gets during every PL game week in week out. :dizzy:

Seriously instead of repeating yourself show me evidence that this is regulary a yellow .. should be easy cause it happens during every PL game week according to your claim.

It's so innocuous people don't make clips of it ffs. Look, youve obviously set out your stall on this and have decided to ignore every cynical tackle / tactical yellow that occurs from behind with no attempt to play the ball ever, so this convo is going nowhere quick.

Whatever fits your agenda .. my point above still stands according to the rules in every other league in Europe that's a red and I doubt the PL is different cause you refuse or can't provide any evidence. So this convo really makes no sense ..
Have a good one!

Tell you what, watch any of the last 3 match of the days for your evidence. There you go.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Tex Texas » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:28 pm

This was a huge win, so many good things done by many players.
Also Wenger did good.Team was still very calm in some situations.Mustafi was solid.Ozils goal pure class.
My opinion is that the ref gave red card only because he had a chance to do so....refs like showing cards, especially reds..Its like they scored.
Independent Finland 1917-2017 100 Years

coyg
Tex Texas
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooney » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:41 pm

In general we defend well, you cant do anything about the first goal and the second was just very good play by Barrow
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nejch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:46 pm

gooney wrote:In general we defend well, you cant do anything about the first goal and the second was just very good play by Barrow

The second was a shocker from our CBs. They just froze while all Barrow did was take a step back and finish.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Be honest, how many times have you seen a straight red for that and how many times have you seen a yellow?

Well jumping with a stretched leg with no chance of getting the ball plus doing a tactical foul is mostly a red afaik.

Lol OK. Next time this happens, and it will happen, ill be expecting you to be going nuts. Of course you won't, because you know, it deserves a yellow at most, just like it mostly gets during every PL game week in week out. :dizzy:

Seriously instead of repeating yourself show me evidence that this is regulary a yellow .. should be easy cause it happens during every PL game week according to your claim.

It's so innocuous people don't make clips of it ffs. Look, youve obviously set out your stall on this and have decided to ignore every cynical tackle / tactical yellow that occurs from behind with no attempt to play the ball ever, so this convo is going nowhere quick.

Whatever fits your agenda .. my point above still stands according to the rules in every other league in Europe that's a red and I doubt the PL is different cause you refuse or can't provide any evidence. So this convo really makes no sense ..
Have a good one!

Tell you what, watch any of the last 3 match of the days for your evidence. There you go.

Hard to find videos online, but this is the best I could find:

Sending off @ 3:43

Tactical foul @ 4:41

I know which one I'd categorize Xhaka's foul under
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby gooney » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Nejch wrote:
gooney wrote:In general we defend well, you cant do anything about the first goal and the second was just very good play by Barrow

The second was a shocker from our CBs. They just froze while all Barrow did was take a step back and finish.

well it was on mustafi....kos covered the space and was ahead of him. mustafi can see their striker the whole time and should have been closer
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Nejch wrote:

Yes second goal was very problematic because neither CB even considered marking their lone striker who was on the pen spot.

My initial thought was that it was indicative of their inexperience playing together, hopefully that's how it turns out?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Santi did a late tackle that was even higher a month or so ago and got booked

We should appeal it if we can imo, no chance it's dangerous play or a professional foul
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nejch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:57 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:Hard to find videos online, but this is the best I could find:

Sending off @ 3:43

Tactical foul @ 4:41

I know which one I'd categorize Xhaka's foul under

Which one? None of them are even remotely close to Xhaka's challenge. The sending off was a blatant stomping of the player who was trying to get the ball, standing on him and stopping his momentum thus potentially seriously injuring him.

The second was basically a body check which could have ended in serious injury if the player had more momentum. Again, not comparable to Xhaka's foul.
Really don't know how you were going to make whatever point you wanted to.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nejch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Nejch wrote:

Yes second goal was very problematic because neither CB even considered marking their lone striker who was on the pen spot.

My initial thought was that it was indicative of their inexperience playing together, hopefully that's how it turns out?

Yup it's probably miscommunication. They both thought the other one was going to cover the striker but none of them did. I reckon the two of them are just getting used to playing together.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17