15/10/2016 | Arsenal 3-2 Swansea City | Premier League

Re: 15/10/2016 | Arsenal vs Swansea City | Premier League

Postby Zedie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:58 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:The subs by Wenger were actually good. Ensured that we were solid at the back but gave us pace up front for the counter

Exactly. Ox was brilliant as soon as he came on and did exactly what was needed of him tbf. We still looked more dangerous on the counter with 10 men
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Fantastic 3 points. There was a period where Swansea were coming on veyr strong but we weathered it and decided we were not going to allow ourselves to crumble. Yes there were some good chances for Swansea (especialy headers) but in the end we made the better chances for ourselves, it is just a shame that Theo could not get his hat trick.

Overall I thought that game was played really sensibly, especially after we went down to 10 and a great 3 points it is.

^^^
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Nejch wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:
Cripps wrote:No attempt to play the ball abd he kicks out. Definite red. It's not even debatable ffs

Professional foul which is a yellow.

Don't mind him, he's proven countless times that he's either extremely biased against some players or knows very little about football, probably both to some extent.

Stop embarrassing yourself Cripps.

Lol forgotten more about football than you'll ever know so stfu.

If you think that's not a red you need help, you'd be crying like a bitch had that happened to our player.

It's a f***ing cynical challenge. A cynical challenge has never been a red card. You get straight reds for violent conduct or denying a goal scoring opportunity, not for cynically fouling a player.

The fact he kicked out instead of tripping him is irrelevant unless the referee deems it as violent conduct...which if he did then it suggests he needs to be committed.

It was high and it was nowhere near the ball. It's a red and everyone saying it isn't would be crying if we received it.

I'll repeat it. It's not violent conduct. It's not a red. It doesn't matter if it was high or anywhere near the ball. The relevance of "height" of a challenge is that generally when it's high, it's a dangerous tackle. The height itself is not relevant, which is why you can get reds for low tackles too like two-footed challenges.

And no, I wouldn't be crying, because it's not a red card. End of story.

You don't think that's dangerous?

I give up

No, I don't think it was dangerous. He nonchalantly kicked his trailing leg. There was no force behind the kick at all.

No, Mate. It was actually too forceful. Look, I like Xhaka, but that tackle was not good at all. I can't blame the referee for giving the red card. And Barrow was injured because of that.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 15/10/2016 | Arsenal 3-2 Swansea City | Premier League

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:04 pm

Nothing more than a cynical trip, and a clear-cut yellow card. In no way can the challenge be described as him using "excessive force".
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Yup the fact barrow had to be taken off cos of that shows it was dangerous hence a red.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 pm

gooney wrote:We are the worst team in the league playing ten

Sorry, Mate.

30 - Arsenal are the only team to have won (30) more Premier League games than they've lost (26) when having a player sent off. Adversity.
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) October 15, 2016
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:05 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Be honest, how many times have you seen a straight red for that and how many times have you seen a yellow?

Well jumping with a stretched leg with no chance of getting the ball plus doing a tactical foul is mostly a red afaik.

Lol OK. Next time this happens, and it will happen, ill be expecting you to be going nuts. Of course you won't, because you know, it deserves a yellow at most, just like it mostly gets during every PL game week in week out. :dizzy:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Be honest, how many times have you seen a straight red for that and how many times have you seen a yellow?

Well jumping with a stretched leg with no chance of getting the ball plus doing a tactical foul is mostly a red afaik.

Lol OK. Next time this happens, and it will happen, ill be expecting you to be going nuts. Of course you won't, because you know, it deserves a yellow at most, just like it mostly gets during every PL game week in week out. :dizzy:

Seriously instead of repeating yourself show me evidence that this is regulary a yellow .. should be easy cause it happens during every PL game week according to your claim.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Nejch wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:
Cripps wrote:No attempt to play the ball abd he kicks out. Definite red. It's not even debatable ffs

Professional foul which is a yellow.

Don't mind him, he's proven countless times that he's either extremely biased against some players or knows very little about football, probably both to some extent.

Stop embarrassing yourself Cripps.

Lol forgotten more about football than you'll ever know so stfu.

If you think that's not a red you need help, you'd be crying like a bitch had that happened to our player.

It's a f***ing cynical challenge. A cynical challenge has never been a red card. You get straight reds for violent conduct or denying a goal scoring opportunity, not for cynically fouling a player.

The fact he kicked out instead of tripping him is irrelevant unless the referee deems it as violent conduct...which if he did then it suggests he needs to be committed.

It was high and it was nowhere near the ball. It's a red and everyone saying it isn't would be crying if we received it.

I'll repeat it. It's not violent conduct. It's not a red. It doesn't matter if it was high or anywhere near the ball. The relevance of "height" of a challenge is that generally when it's high, it's a dangerous tackle. The height itself is not relevant, which is why you can get reds for low tackles too like two-footed challenges.

And no, I wouldn't be crying, because it's not a red card. End of story.

You don't think that's dangerous?

I give up

No, I don't think it was dangerous. He nonchalantly kicked his trailing leg. There was no force behind the kick at all.

No, Mate. It was actually too forceful. Look, I like Xhaka, but that tackle was not good at all. I can't blame the referee for giving the red card. And Barrow was injured because of that.

There's a big difference between a tackle not being good and a tackle being violent conduct. I agree it wasn't great but it's not a red card, or at least is not a tackle that has ever been a red card in the past.

Also, I'm dubious as to whether he was injured from that considering he played on for 15 more minutes, showed no signs of slowing down and his other leg had the hobble.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:10 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Seriously instead of repeating yourself show me evidence that this is regulary a yellow .. should be easy cause it happens during every PL game week according to your claim.

"No chance of getting the ball" and "tactical foul" are basically two ways of saying the same thing - they don't stack lol.

He's kicked - you could even say "clipped" - his back leg. It's a tactical foul. That's it.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:11 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

It's so innocuous people don't make clips of it ffs. Look, youve obviously set out your stall on this and have decided to ignore every cynical tackle / tactical yellow that occurs from behind with no attempt to play the ball ever, so this convo is going nowhere quick.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 pm

I can understand cynical fouls. A little trip here and there.

When you leave the ground, go in high and most importantly injure the player that he has to go off eventually, that's a red.

Same people saying it isn't a red would be calling for a red had their player done it to ours.

It's hilarious.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

It's so innocuous people don't make clips of it ffs. Look, youve obviously set out your stall on this and have decided to ignore every cynical tackle / tactical yellow that occurs from behind with no attempt to play the ball ever, so this convo is going nowhere quick.

Whatever fits your agenda .. my point above still stands according to the rules in every other league in Europe that's a red and I doubt the PL is different cause you refuse or can't provide any evidence. So this convo really makes no sense ..
Have a good one!

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Cripps wrote:I can understand cynical fouls. A little trip here and there.

When you leave the ground, go in high and most importantly injure the player that he has to go off eventually, that's a red.

Same people saying it isn't a red would be calling for a red had their player done it to ours.

It's hilarious.

I already told you. If this was the other way around I'd be saying yellow. I don't do biased bullshit, it's not beneficial to your own team anyway.

It's not a red because he's kicked the back of his leg while running, which is a foul. There's nothing dangerous or violent about it. All we add to that is the cynicism, which upgrades it to professional foul which is yellow.

Additionally, citing the injury to the player is a joke. Why? The player went off injured 15 minutes later. What did the ref do? Look forward in time 15 minutes to make his decision?
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:16 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
unknown.jpg

Whatever fits your agenda .. my point above still stands according to the rules in every other league in Europe that's a red and I doubt the PL is different cause you refuse or can't provide any evidence. So this convo really makes no sense ..
Have a good one!

What rules would those be?
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17