17/09/2016 | Hull City 1-4 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 17/09/2016 | Hull City 1-4 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Fran Solo wrote:El Neny has an assist today. Lol.

Perfectly weighted and threaded ball to Xhaka for the goal.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: 17/09/2016 | Hull City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mowgz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Callum wrote:
Mowgz wrote:wenger hasn't given us the opportunity yet to judge them two, mustafi though after 3 games hasn't impressed me yet. change his name to gaby and its the almost identical, always a error there. its just a shame had to pay 35 for him. But, more so than gaby i believe there could be more potential for improvement.

Mustafi was great against Southampton and made a ton of well-timed tackles today. Already looks comfortably better than Gabriel.

no i don't think so yet, for me often looks like a fish out out water like gaby, just easy example to pick from today was the header he misjudged at about 50 yards, i can't remember kos doing something like that, im not saying saying kos is perfect, but the gap between the two looks big atm. we needed a def, 35mill im expecting someone as good as or better than kos. maybe wenger is right and its hard to spend money without a gamble. but its early days
Mowgz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mowgz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:18 pm

btw the way i had a couple whist wwatching, so im feeling brave
Mowgz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: 17/09/2016 | Hull City vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mowgz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:28 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Mowgz wrote:wenger hasn't given us the opportunity yet to judge them two, mustafi though after 3 games hasn't impressed me yet. change his name to gaby and its the almost identical, always a error there. its just a shame had to pay 35 for him. But, more so than gaby i believe there could be more potential for improvement.

Better on the ball than Gabby at the very least

35 mill i want great, what a shame this has become. even 4 years ago would buy u world class for that money, inc Sanchez and Ozil. Mustafi is young (relatively) if he gets the mentoring from merts and kos he has the making of a stedy cb for a long time, however id replace for older and beter for results now, jan or winter, if there is genuine availability.
Mowgz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:33 pm

pleased with theo today. iwobi too. only one of them can be our long term solution for this season but it's good we have some decent options. hopefully xhaka has done enough to start, guy clearly has something about him ffs.

#freeperez
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Why didn't santi take the penalty ffs

GoT absolutely screwed by this.

f***ing penzola
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:46 pm

goal by xhaka
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:43 am

Just watched the extended highlights:

Coquelin
Iwobi
Sanchez
Walcott
Cazorla
Xhaka

Haters on life support

Walcott in particular had a direct contribution for the first two goals and penalty, he looked sharp as he has done already this season.

Iwobi? What a way to respond to a poor performance v psg. Everything he was hitting was on target and had serious intention, his direct running was causing issues. If he keeps this up and irons out his consistency, he'll be one hell of a player. Obvs long way to go.

Xhakas goal was a fantastic hit and something that I'm hoping to see more regularly.

Finally, coq. He was a thorn in their side from what was shown, putting himself about and starting off a lot of moves and recycling possession to keep the pressure on.

His shot for the pen looked a quality finish too, poor bugger will never score for us lol.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:02 am

Mustafi defending wise has been steady sure he made a few mistakes but he mad a alot of tackles up field and his passing has been spot on . Still early but kos and Mertesacker will help him out alot. Xhaka is amazing knew from day one he was gonna be special . Very big headache wenger has with the passing and tackling and long range threat of Xhaka or the control and Cazorla to pick he has .he said he sees Xhaka as a box to box so that means Lecoq and Elneny will battle for cdm spot and Cazorla/Ramsey/Xhaka for box to box
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby KG3 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 am

yadunoe wrote:Mustafi defending wise has been steady sure he made a few mistakes but he mad a alot of tackles up field and his passing has been spot on . Still early but kos and Mertesacker will help him out alot. Xhaka is amazing knew from day one he was gonna be special . Very big headache wenger has with the passing and fouling and long range threat of Xhaka or the control and Cazorla to pick he has .he said he sees Xhaka as a box to box so that means Lecoq and Elneny will battle for cdm spot and Cazorla/Ramsey/Xhaka for box to box

Fixed
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2016-17