16/03/16 | Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal | Champions League

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby S4cePL » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Remember when Wenger said we dont need a new striker because we have the above trio?


Remember when we were the only team in all of Europe's top leagues not to have brought in an outfield player last summer?
User avatar
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 pm

The harsh reality for gooners these days. a 5-1 drubbing being respectable enough to be acceptable. Why do we even bother to turn up in this competition is beyond me.
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby djarsenal » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 pm

II don't get why some are praising this performance. It was an Awful performance, apart from few moments of decent play. Ball control of our players seemed to be of league 1 level. How can a top 4 team loose balls like that? And what does Walcott bring to the table. As someone pointed out, he has lost his pace and is done. Giroud was also useless.

Where is the crisp passing game that you know of Arsenal. We could not stitch even a few passes together. Awful ball control from some of our players. Not at all mentally ready to face a side like barca. Face it, the players were just afraid of MSN. You can't win a game like that.
djarsenal
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:04 am

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby strayagooner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 pm

We never stood a chance of winning, surprised we even scored. The damage was already done in the first leg. Really looking forward to the international break now. Are Jack and Santi due back?
User avatar
strayagooner
Patrick Vieira
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Arsene Nose » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:00 pm

djarsenal wrote:II don't get why some are praising this performance. It was an Awful performance, apart from few moments of decent play. Ball control of our players seemed to be of league 1 level. How can a top 4 team loose balls like that? And what does Walcott bring to the table. As someone pointed out, he has lost his pace and is done. Giroud was also useless.

Where is the crisp passing game that you know of Arsenal. We could not stitch even a few passes together. Awful ball control from some of our players. Not at all mentally ready to face a side like barca. Face it, the players were just afraid of MSN. You can't win a game like that.

Spot on. Our forward line is lousy. Needs a massive rework. Wenger has done a good job with the midfield but he's neglected our strike force. We need 2-3 new strikers pronto.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:The harsh reality for gooners these days. a 5-1 drubbing being respectable enough to be acceptable. Why do we even bother to turn up in this competition is beyond me.


Reeks of a loser mentality.

It is absolutely disgusting.

No self respecting Arsenal fan should be happy with the play or result.

Barcelona were playing down to the competition and still thrashed us.

A team with Arsenal history should not show up to make it respectable.

It should be going in to beat the crap out of their opponents.

This team's players, managers and fans are acting out the part of mid table EPL team.
User avatar
Mike Dean
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5800
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
djarsenal wrote:II don't get why some are praising this performance. It was an Awful performance, apart from few moments of decent play. Ball control of our players seemed to be of league 1 level. How can a top 4 team loose balls like that? And what does Walcott bring to the table. As someone pointed out, he has lost his pace and is done. Giroud was also useless.

Where is the crisp passing game that you know of Arsenal. We could not stitch even a few passes together. Awful ball control from some of our players. Not at all mentally ready to face a side like barca. Face it, the players were just afraid of MSN. You can't win a game like that.

Spot on. Our forward line is lousy. Needs a massive rework. Wenger has done a good job with the midfield but he's neglected our strike force. We need 2-3 new strikers pronto.


Sadly no!

I have been harping on this all season long.

Our midfield play this season has been non existent and has lost of plenty of games this season.

I can count on one hand the number of games where our midfield has controlled it.
User avatar
Mike Dean
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5800
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 pm

SCENES, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE REPLAYING IT
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 pm

So... checked the updates whilst at work, looks like we could have scored a few ourselves if only we had a clinical finisher :doh:
Image


MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010
 
Posts: 16049
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
Location: On the bog!

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Didn't watch, forgone conclusion.

Definitely have become fed up of Arsenal under Wenger and Giroud, waste of our talent that we managed to scrape into the team.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19825
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Cornish Gooner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 pm

It's all kicking off on Talksport.

WENGER OUT NOW.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cornish Gooner on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 pm

@Arsenal can announce that we have parted ways with Arsene Wenger. Read more at arsenal.com/25106
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 pm

djarsenal wrote:II don't get why some are praising this performance. It was an Awful performance, apart from few moments of decent play. Ball control of our players seemed to be of league 1 level. How can a top 4 team loose balls like that? And what does Walcott bring to the table. As someone pointed out, he has lost his pace and is done. Giroud was also useless.

Where is the crisp passing game that you know of Arsenal. We could not stitch even a few passes together. Awful ball control from some of our players. Not at all mentally ready to face a side like barca. Face it, the players were just afraid of MSN. You can't win a game like that.


We played very well and did as much as we could for the ability and confidence we have.

Even if we where all on form this Barca team would have still truly merked us. You can see just how much better they are. They are at least 2 levels above us and even if we had all our injured players available they would of made absolutely no difference to the score.

The problem is defined by Suarez! This is a player we would of got if we actually went all out and gave liverpool 60/70 million for him. Neymar again was £40 million at least, then strangely another £40 million given to his dad his agent. You have to spend £50-£100 to buy the players you need! You need to install a killer mentality into children like Ox or tell them they aint god enough and get rid, you need to be developing youngsters who can come in and make a difference every season.

We all know the core problem is Wenger standing still and accepting just getting to top 4 and being too nice and not ruthless.
User avatar
elkanofan
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 12822
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:26 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:@Arsenal can announce that we have parted ways with Arsene Wenger. Read more at arsenal.com/25106


Imagine
Choose Life
User avatar
Goonerfromafrica
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 am
Location: Pretoria

Re: 16/03/2016 | Barcelona vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby Slint » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:45 pm

yay 3-1! that's not so bad. Was honestly expecting a spanking like the one Valencia ttook not so long a go.
User avatar
Slint
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 15/16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron