13/03/16 | Arsenal 1-2 Watford | FA Cup QF

Re: 13/03/16 | Arsenal v Watford | FA Cup QF

Postby Apollo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:37 pm

elkanofan wrote:Ozil back to Madrid next season.

Can we get Isco to replace him?

Put money in for Bale.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Zenith wrote:

Hasn't got a fifth of the vision Özil has, to the frustration of many Real Madrid fans. Holds on to the ball too much and slows down the play, is unable to spot runs but masks it with his neat first touches and close control. Don't know man, he has mountains to climb before he even gets close to being as good an attacking midfielder as Özil.

Which is exactly why Madrid would trade him to get Ozil back :dontknow:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Alexis17 wrote:People fighting outside the stadium caused by ArsenalFanTV apparently...

:rofll: excellent

Ty is f*cking up some WOB'S!!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:43 pm

realtalk wrote:leicester winning the league will hopefully force this senile old man quit. We need new manager end off.Complete refresh of strategy.

Wrong.

Leicester winning the league will mean he will keep telling us how we dont need to spend to win the league.

You want the Spurs to win.

But in all honesty, neither will matter.

Wenger is here to stay.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby antfosfosant » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Every other top UK team has an incisive striker. By which I mean, speed, aggression and a fair degree of skill, but above all a willingness to be that touch selfish and back themselves. Martial, Aguero, Vardy, Kane. All different types of player, but all have the forgoing. Arsenal do not have anyone who has those attributes. It is not rocket science - the stats of chances converted tell a story, but there is an untold piece which stats can't show but which I am convinced is right: if ozil, corzola, sanchez, campbell etc has someone with pace ahead of them then the last five minutes of today's match may have been the norm for 90 mins for this season. Maybe Welbeck is the answer, maybe not. But Arsenal cannot start against any team. he is a goodish finished, but I am rather assuming that the like of Martial et al would be able to take the same chances as Giroud does, and also add the above to the team
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Zenith wrote:

Hasn't got a fifth of the vision Özil has, to the frustration of many Real Madrid fans. Holds on to the ball too much and slows down the play, is unable to spot runs but masks it with his neat first touches and close control. Don't know man, he has mountains to climb before he even gets close to being as good an attacking midfielder as Özil.

Yes, i know he's not nearly as good as him. One thing is though they different in Isco is quicker and has better agility and utilises his dribbling a lot more than Ozil does despite not being nearly as good with his vision and passing.

just wonder if having a guy like Isco who can unlock a defence with quick movement and a smart dribble could suit us if Ozil leaves.

In the same was Zidane was a better player than Nedved but Nedved replacing Zidane took Juve to another level. :sneaky:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jonblaze85 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Pudpop wrote:Looooooooooooooooooooooooool

jonblaze arrives for the much needed comic relief

Take your head out Ozil A r s e for a minute, Your telling me you prefer him upfront With a main striker? LMAO!!
Delete your account mate!! Don't infect this site with any more of your delusional comments.
Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
jonblaze85
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:58 pm

troll
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jonblaze85 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Ozil fans make me sick.
Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
jonblaze85
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jonblaze85 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Mesüt wrote:troll

I'm not singling out just Ozil, Most of Arsenal Players are crap as well. Please don't say anything that positive about Ozil or anything else, not going to listen to any more bull, i would rather push a marsh mellow through a keyhole.
jonblaze85
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fenice » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:10 pm

jonblaze85 wrote:

I'm not singling out just Ozil, Most of Arsenal Players are crap as well. Please don't say anything that positive about Ozil or anything else, not going to listen to any more bull, i would rather push a marsh mellow through a keyhole.

Mesut was the best player on the pitch and one of the few who put fight in to win. His yellow was frustration born from wanting the cup. Just stop.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jonblaze85 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Fenice wrote:
jonblaze85 wrote:

Mesut was the best player on the pitch and one of the few who put fight in to win. His yellow was frustration born from wanting the cup. Just stop.

Mesut Ozil is only good with great players around to complement him.
jonblaze85
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:33 pm

that why he even gets assists with danny welbeck and olivier giroud?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jonblaze85 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm sure you Ozil fan's can think back to last day of the transfer deadline day when we had rumours coming out of the possibilities of Ozil or a Di maria signing,
When it was official we bought Ozil, you telling me you didn't feel like you had a big fat egg splatter on your face.
jonblaze85
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fenice » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:50 pm

jonblaze85 wrote:I'm sure you Ozil fan's can think back to last day of the transfer deadline day when we had rumours coming out of the possibilities of Ozil or a Di maria signing,
When it was official we bought Ozil, you telling me you didn't feel like you had a big fat egg splatter on your face.

Ok now you are definitely taking the piss. I was elated. I was over the f***ing moon when we bought him. That pass today for the goal, name me one player we have who could do it? Know what I'm not biting anymore. Someone else have at it. This is insane.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16