02/03/2016 | Arsenal 1-2 Swansea | Premier League

Re: 02-03-2016 | Arsenal vs Swansea | Premier League

Postby Est83 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:36 am

I need to stop caring so much. I'm beginning to question my ability as a father, given that my two year old has sat through two FA Cup finals with me, had the bib and onesie when he was little, has shirts, a ball, cutlery set, bed sheets etc etc.

... how can I condem him to this life!?!

Gotta get him into contemporary dance or something.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am

Time he got a Spurs top
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 am

WTF!! .......... that is all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:41 am

second goal was offside so both goals shouldn't have stood.

Wenger is doing a terrible job this season but you can't deny how often we have been screwed by the refs.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 am

Godlop wrote:second goal was offside so both goals shouldn't have stood.

Wenger is doing a terrible job this season but you can't deny how often we have been screwed by the refs.

Hit the bar three times, both of their goals should have been disallowed. We got incredibly unlucky.

That said, the pattern recently seems to be that as soon as luck goes against us, we crumble like an old woman's hip. If this didn't happen so regularly I'd be more pissed off at the officials but the way we let Swansea back into the game at 1-0 is as much of our own doing as the referee screwing us over. Our go-to response to adversity is to completely fall apart.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 am

Every team will have run in with bad luck (refs...crossbar) over the course of the season.

You can't use that as an excuse for the outcome of the entire season.

This team lacks midfield play, lacks a striker, has defenders with liabilities, is loaded with some really averge to poor footballers, and simply cannot handle pressure.

To top it all off, is led by an old senile fool in complete denial.

If you want to blame luck then it is being unlucky enough to being stuck with Wenger for god knows how many more years.

A game or two, sure. 7 months? Laughable.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: 02-03-2016 | Arsenal 1-2 Swansea | Premier League

Postby Woteva » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 am

Typical medicore team that can't win for shit, and doesn't give a shit about its fans, or even its home ground. What are we paying them for? A lot it seems, because the increasing ridiculous ticket prices going up ever since our new stadium we dont win at, have bought us an abysmal home record against even pre renegation teams..

I never thought I would say this, but even Murinho is looking like a more viable solution next season. What difference does it make? Would it only improve from the amount of traitors and the lackluster we have have now. Because this team stinks and no team in this league, would have put up with the lack of a winning preformance for this long. This side literally goes through the motions every season as it has done for the past decade, it seem like it is simply there for crunching the numbers out of its fans. A mediocre side in constant limbo ofremembering some past glory days. Forgotten days that won't happen again, playing like this. A team that cannot concentrate on achieveing a single minded goal.

The formation stinks, the strikers stink, the defense stinks, the management stinks. Although maybe there is some other midfeild and goalie out there somewhere else. But not lastnight

I am not watching actors here. If you won't score, I don't want to see you shaking your head, believe me we have been doing that all season and along time now, BUtI want to see you score the next one, trying maybe twice as hard. This lot barely care, they get paid regardless. Although just how empty was that stadium lastnight?
Last edited by Woteva on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woteva
Patrick Vieira

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:29 am

Leaderless, Gutless, Spineless.

:BangHead: x 1,000,000

Wenger out.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Woteva » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 am

Mike Dean wrote:Every team will have run in with bad luck (refs...crossbar) over the course of the season.

You can't use that as an excuse for the outcome of the entire season.

This team lacks midfield play, lacks a striker, has defenders with liabilities, is loaded with some really averge to poor footballers, and simply cannot handle pressure.

To top it all off, is led by an old senile fool in complete denial.

If you want to blame luck then it is being unlucky enough to being stuck with Wenger for god knows how many more years.

A game or two, sure. 7 months? Laughable.

Nonsense...... It has been the same every season for over a decade, some other hope in past glories. What have we been buying into as its fans? Hmm a sure bet attracting some other players into this club's wanton aims of achieveing its mediocrity. Stuck in limbo land of struggling on into Europes champions, retaining its status. A status that more often than not remains trophyless.

Although I might agree the ref'ing this season have been absolutely clueless, throwing so many league games needlessly.. It is so disgusting that infact when it has gotten this bad, they should probably let a computer do its job from their lack of fairplay. But then where is the drama? A joke.

The problem remains mostly in a lack of spending by this club through pinching its pennies, or often buying crap that it cannot hold onto. Spending that should be committed to getting the right team combination right and having quaility spares. There has sometimes been some players bought, but they aren't about for that long due to an overall lack of team performance. While others purchased have been pointless, staying for only a season or they are often crap. Although largely the problem found is in the tactics employed, lacking in a clear direction fixating on particularly achieveable goals,. Instead of it failing at almost everything, but in being in the league's top 5. Limbo land, that often uses the same tactics and the same formation where any limbo is content to be a okay premiership side, but never the best side. As it suffers without any real seasonal improvement, because the only consistency found is getting into that top five and being happy with their lot there, but never the top spot. As they later go and get knocked out of Europe again and again for being crap, But questionably if any team achieves the top 5 for over ten years now, shouldn't they have won the top spot on probability alone in that decade? Doubtfully this team could, because the odds won't work like that, playing this badly. And every year they fall apart at the same time, they have too many games, too many injuries, a lack of quality in the particular feilds played, the strikers, defense and formations, a lack winning motivation. As they get paid for their limbo regardless, so why not be that other some what decent remember those past glory days top five team? Yawn we are getting so bored of them....
Last edited by Woteva on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Woteva
Patrick Vieira

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 am

Cripps wrote:Time he got a Spurs top

that's child abuse.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Smartly Dressed Morris » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... st-arsenal

Wheres the fight , wheres the anger ? Looks like he couldn't give a shit to me......
Smartly Dressed Morris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Cripps » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Alexis17 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Please tell me Cripps went to this.

Imagine the match report.

Him, Mesut and Nutcase did.

Could be in with some classics tonight with Arsenal fan TV to come also.

They should come interview me for AFTV.

Never watched it. Have no idea who's who but it's time a few home truths be told
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Iron_Fist » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm absolutely sickened by this result. Coquelin and Campbell are the only ones that can hold their heads high after the game. The rest can be f***ing sold in the summer for all I care. They don't give a shit.
Iron_Fist
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Fenice » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Still absolutely fuming.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Whoever our next manager is, please just let them have some passion and intensity, so that can be installed into our players as well. I don't think Wenger even likes football anymore.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16