28/02/16 | Manchester United 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 28/02/16 | Manchester United v Arsenal | Premier League

Postby yadunoe » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Fenice wrote:
yadunoe wrote:Honestly all far simeone now how in the good world of God do you let spurs or Leicester beat you to the title shameful and disgraceful Wenger arrogance in the market has costed us way too much imo

At this point it isn't a market thing. Look who is first, look at the youth side that beat us. This is a mentality thing. I don't remember who said it, but for someone that spouts off about mental strength all the time, Wenger did the side a disservice today.

Gabriel messed up for the second goal for sure and then somewhat for the first goal kos is our only quality d so I thought even before the season that we needed defensive reinforcement I still think we need a cf and have for a long time it's criminal how he only brought in Elneny as an outfield player and doesn't even trust enough to play him over flamini against Barca .
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Honestly, Wenger's not ruthless enough and needs to leave. If this were him 10-12 years ago, he'd have laid into the team. For two straight games, it's been the players, not the tactics that have let him down. He would never have started Theo those years ago, he'd have told him to f**k off, even if he had to start Iwobi for him.

Title isn't out of our reach, but Wenger doesn't care anymore. If he did, we're still not that far away. Either he finally starts blasting the squad, and dropping those who seem to be undroppable and playing people on merit, or he should leave at the end of the season.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm

billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:Our top players are going to feel as though they're wasting their time at our club, one of the worst things

Honestly I think they are responsible as well. Look, I like Ozil and Sanchez, but I don't think they have done enough.They are supposed to be the game changers in our team. I think we don't have any since RvP.

I'm sorry but what? A goal and an assist, on track to beat the assist record of the greatest player of all time. What?

Head scratcher for me too

Played crap today, yes he got a goal and an assist but his overall contribution was minimal, shoved off the ball and gave the ball away too often, as did the other 9 outfield players.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. So I guess it was his fault that Montreal missed?

No but imo he was at fault along with the rest of the midfield for letting us get overrun

You do realize he's an attacking cm? This usually means he doesn't necessarily play defense. And against this man pu side, he shouldn't have to.

To me it doesn't matter where you play in a game like today you can't afford passengers, have you ever heard the expression defend from the front? United's strikers and midfielders were not giving us time on the ball and because of that they managed to win the game with a 2nd string team.

Please don't try to provide bullocks like this. It was a shite side we played and you're laying blame on ozil who is an acm. Ramsey was more crap and caused problems than ozil ever did. Ozil did his job. And at times came back to defend when needed. Stop making up crap to prove a point
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Apollo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:52 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Honestly, Wenger's not ruthless enough and needs to leave. If this were him 10-12 years ago, he'd have laid into the team. For two straight games, it's been the players, not the tactics that have let him down. He would never have started Theo those years ago, he'd have told him to f**k off, even if he had to start Iwobi for him.

Title isn't out of our reach, but Wenger doesn't care anymore. If he did, we're still not that far away. Either he finally starts blasting the squad, and dropping those who seem to be undroppable and playing people on merit, or he should leave at the end of the season.

I'm not even sure we have a merit XI at the moment.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:53 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:Our top players are going to feel as though they're wasting their time at our club, one of the worst things

Honestly I think they are responsible as well. Look, I like Ozil and Sanchez, but I don't think they have done enough.They are supposed to be the game changers in our team. I think we don't have any since RvP.

I'm sorry but what? A goal and an assist, on track to beat the assist record of the greatest player of all time. What?

I was not talking about this game only, Mate.

He's on track to beat the assist record in a side that can't score, mate.

Yes, I think he can and will achieve that which will be great. But still it is not enough in the end anyway. Not to blame him personally, but I think he should have done more. Anyway, Sanchez has been worse.

Done more? A goal & an assist (should've had 2 if Montreal buries that first shot) and you say he should do more? Bullocks

I was not talking about this game only, Mate. I said this before. He is still our best player today if you want to know about my opinion about his game today.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Alexis17 wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Please watch the game again and watch how many times our defence has the ball with no option to give it to in midfield. There's a big space every time to pass into but nobody goes there.

This cm pairing is worse than flamini - Ramsey ffs

Looking back at it, our title hopes died the day Cazorla got injured and some of our fans were celebrating it ffs.

Our title hopes died during the summer when Wenger refused to get a quality backup for coq and refused to sign a quality striker.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Apollo wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Honestly, Wenger's not ruthless enough and needs to leave. If this were him 10-12 years ago, he'd have laid into the team. For two straight games, it's been the players, not the tactics that have let him down. He would never have started Theo those years ago, he'd have told him to f**k off, even if he had to start Iwobi for him.

I'm not even sure we have a merit XI at the moment.

That is Wenger's fault. Bellerin can't be dropped, he was garbage today, if this continues, we will still have to keep playing him. Sanchez is starting on reputation and should at least have been dropped for one game. Ramsey shouldn't start, start Elneny if you have to. Theo shouldn't start, where's Campbell gone?

We have options, Wenger ain't using them. And if we don't have them, he's been managing here for 20 years.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

I was not talking about this game only, Mate.

He's on track to beat the assist record in a side that can't score, mate.

Yes, I think he can and will achieve that which will be great. But still it is not enough in the end anyway. Not to blame him personally, but I think he should have done more. Anyway, Sanchez has been worse.

Done more? A goal & an assist (should've had 2 if Montreal buries that first shot) and you say he should do more? Bullocks

I was not talking about this game only, Mate. I said this before. He is still our best player today if you want to know about my opinion about his game today.

Gotcha my apologies
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 pm

We huffed and puffed against Leicester. Were dross against Hull. Folded like a pack of cards against Barca after conceding and today could not get any worthwhile passing going. We need to play to our strengths. We need to at the very least have a baseline tactic cos atm we were all over the place especially in the first half. People go on and on about pace up front today we saw Theo totally ineffective. football is not played on paper. Campbell could have been a far better option instead of Theo today. Welbeck at least looked lively in his cameo last time around but Theo has looked out of sorts. We look so under-prepared these days and at this level it is unpardonable.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

Played crap today, yes he got a goal and an assist but his overall contribution was minimal, shoved off the ball and gave the ball away too often, as did the other 9 outfield players.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. So I guess it was his fault that Montreal missed?

No but imo he was at fault along with the rest of the midfield for letting us get overrun

You do realize he's an attacking cm? This usually means he doesn't necessarily play defense. And against this man pu side, he shouldn't have to.

To me it doesn't matter where you play in a game like today you can't afford passengers, have you ever heard the expression defend from the front? United's strikers and midfielders were not giving us time on the ball and because of that they managed to win the game with a 2nd string team.

Please don't try to provide bullocks like this. It was a shite side we played and you're laying blame on ozil who is an acm. Ramsey was more crap and caused problems than ozil ever did. Ozil did his job. And at times came back to defend when needed. Stop making up crap to prove a point

Im not making up crap, nor am I saying ozil was our worst player, I even said in a previous post ramsey was worse. I don't think any of our players did enough today, wellbeck scored too but i'm not going to say he had a good game for that alone.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 pm

@coach8smallball: I won't quote the original post again because it is already to long. I think you read it wrong. I don't think any of us blame Ozil for our lost today.
Last edited by Fran Solo on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:We huffed and puffed against Leicester. Were dross against Hull. Folded like a pack of cards against Barca after conceding and today could not get any worthwhile passing going. We need to play to our strengths. We need to at the very least have a baseline tactic cos atm we were all over the place especially in the first half. People go on and on about pace up front today we saw Theo totally ineffective. football is not played on paper. Campbell could have been a far better option instead of Theo today. Welbeck at least looked lively in his cameo last time around but Theo has looked out of sorts. We look so under-prepared these days and at this level it is unpardonable.

As always AF, well said
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby yadunoe » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:58 pm

coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
billie86 wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:
Fenice wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

Ramsey has been horrible in th middle since cazorla injury he was better on the right for us and also Wenger persistence with often injured brits is costing us massively.
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby coach8smallball » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Fran Solo wrote:@coach8smallball: I won't quote the original post again because it is already to long. I think you read it wrong. I don't think any of us blame Ozil for our list today.

I have a propensity for stupidity/confusion of posters. All clear now
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fenice » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:03 pm

I miss Santi. I really miss him.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp