Re: 02/02/2016 | Arsenal 0-0 Southampton | Premier League

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:28 am

jesus christ
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby dolan » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:13 am

Because Forster was absolutely f***ing class that night. 4 clean sheets in a row since he returned from injury. What a turnaround. We got ourselves to blame for getting their mojo back after that 4-0 trashing on Boxing day.
dolan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:15 am

dolan wrote:Because Forster was absolutely f***ing class that night. 4 clean sheets in a row since he returned from injury. What a turnaround. We got ourselves to blame for getting their mojo back after that 4-0 trashing on Boxing day.

Yeah 4 clean sheets which included 12 shots saved. 10 of which came in the game against us. No amazing saves in our game except for the lucky one from Ozil.

Nothing special since his return
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:20 am

Pudpop wrote:
dolan wrote:Because Forster was absolutely f***ing class that night. 4 clean sheets in a row since he returned from injury. What a turnaround. We got ourselves to blame for getting their mojo back after that 4-0 trashing on Boxing day.

Yeah 4 clean sheets which included 12 shots saved. 10 of which came in the game against us. No amazing saves in our game except for the lucky one from Ozil.

Nailed it P.

Several hollywood saves in there as well - intentionally diving late and going full spectacular.

A good way to win the public's attention and make yourself look like a world beater.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Pudpop » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:23 am

Zenith wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Nailed it P.

Several hollywood saves in there as well - intentionally diving late and going full spectacular.

A good way to win the public's attention and make yourself look like a world beater amongst many football fans.

Yep. What I will give him though is that he must have had a 'Cech Effect' since his return. We praise how Cech has calmed our defence etc. but the same should then be said of Forster with his return
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby B0ll0cks » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:13 am

Zenith wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Nailed it P.

A good way to win the public's attention and make yourself look like a world beater.

Nonsense, We often have the wrong formation using a single stiker, when there should be at least two competent strikers on home soil, against most sides thrown at us in this current season. This is the same all over the premiership currently, Vardy providing much consistency in this season, and not many teams have the firepower. Who knows what happens later? Which is why the tables are all over the place. But our team often has a lack of quaility strikers scoring consistently, and the mid feild are having to run further to do that job. By the time they get there. Well you know what happened next, it is often right at the goalie. All goalies are paid to stop a ball. Yes of course he made some good reaction saves and he fills the box. These are excuses, it is his job. We had some chances, but there was nothing that he didn't see coming.

This is proved by our goal record throughout this season. I agree their goalie was the man of this match, and he possibly makes a fine edition to the national side.

There is also a lot more to that match to be considered, where Southampton were also only playing for the point, until if conceeding, it meant they were on lockdown until goaded out of their box. But in order to pick them apart, we needed more than that bar room brawl, of hit or miss. It started to improve later when we started throwing all the guns at them, but it wasn't enough.
Last edited by B0ll0cks on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B0ll0cks
Liam Brady

Postby Apollo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Zenith wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Nailed it P.

Been guilty of this once or twice. feels good man.

Even got myself Sporting colours, granted I was 13 at the time lol.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:00 pm

I was a f***ing ace keeper when I was 9. 13 goals conceded in 18 games. Kept us unbeaten in the final game of the season with 14 saves (invincibles of Croydon tbh). Won us a tournament with shootouts in the semis and final. Team went to shit after I came back to South Africa. Blame the manager tbh, he couldn't match my ambition.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:25 pm

My claim to fame, me and my mates beat west ham youth team back in 1998. Park football so anything goes. I was in goal for a bit. Kept clean sheet
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:55 pm

how would i rate forster's game... 8/10

save v giroud was class. not 10/10 but 9/10

ozil. he just is crap at putting it in the net. so sad.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Cripps wrote:My claim to fame, me and my mates beat west ham youth team back in 1998. Park football so anything goes. I was in goal for a bit. Kept clean sheet

Doesn't seem that fair since you were about 90 at the time
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Cripps wrote:My claim to fame, me and my mates beat west ham youth team back in 1998. Park football so anything goes. I was in goal for a bit. Kept clean sheet

Doesn't seem that fair since you were about 90 at the time

Lol
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:01 pm

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/arsenal ... ances.html

Two moments that stood out for me in this match.

1. 40.00 on the highlight reel shows the difference pace makes. With mertesacker Mane would have time to set himself up and get in better finish. With Gabriels pace, it forces him to rush it. All of our CB make mistakes. Difference is Koscielny and Gabriel has pace to get back and atleast make an effort. If you pass Mertesacker, you know that fvcker aint coming back in a while

2. 47.15 on the clock. This chance says everything that is wrong with our attack. look at the ball Giroud gets. The idea to control it and have a go at the defender doesnt even enter his mind. It never does. It doesnt matter how good of a pass is as long as there is one defender he knows he cant beat him. This severely limits our attack. Even Leicester with Vardy you know he would run at that defender.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16