24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Wenger post match interview -

'As long as we finish top 4 and I get my monies, the fans can suck my sack'
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Not just an angry reaction but this has been building. We have various players which simply are not good enough for the shirt. They may have the odd good game or even good period but overall our rivals have better sqauds

Mertesacker
Flamini
Chamberlain (talented but will never show it)
Chambers
Gabriel
Walcott
Ramsey (I understand why people like him but he's not a premier league players, he'll do well in Spain)

We need a clear out of players, looking at the Chelsea 11 against out 11 today, we could take 5/6 of their players and that would improve our team, that can't happen
Rhume91
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Rhume91 wrote:Not just an angry reaction but this has been building. We have various players which simply are not good enough for the shirt. They may have the odd good game or even good period but overall our rivals have better sqauds

Mertesacker
Flamini
Chamberlain (talented but will never show it)
Chambers
Gabriel
Walcott
Ramsey (I understand why people like him but he's not a premier league players, he'll do well in Spain)

We need a clear out of players, looking at the Chelsea 11 against out 11 today, we could take 5/6 of their players and that would improve our team, that can't happen

Ramsey will not do well in Spain, he looks good technically here but he's nowhere near good enough for La Liga (As in being a star player there)
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Basically, you can encapsulate the reason for the loss in two words: bad judgement.

Not just the sending off but even when we had forays into the Chelsea box the amount of bad decisions we made as to who to pass to, whether to pass or shoot, whether to pass or hold onto the ball etc.

We could've got something out of this game even after the farce of the second half.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Chelsea'a full list of Premier League wins this season:

Sunderland
WBA
Norwich
Palace
Villa
Arsenal (x2)

Great company to be keeping boys...
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Completely agree, he will never be a star player in La Liga but he'll look much better playing for Barcelona. It's an easier league and his flaws will be shown alot less often.

It's a horrible feeling looking at the oppositions squad and thinking that at least half of their team could walk into our first 11. That's what years of inept transfer windows does to a sqaud

PS can someone please tell me how to reply to a comment rather than do a new post lol!
Last edited by Rhume91 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhume91
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby realtalk » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 pm

good thing is vardy's not gona rape mert next week.
User avatar
realtalk
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Rhume91 wrote:Completely agree, he will never be a star player in La Liga but he'll look much better playing for Barcelona. It's an easier league and his flaws will be shown alot less often.

It's a horrible feeling looking at the oppositions squad and thinking that at least half of their team could walk into our first 11. That's what years of inept transfer windows does to a sqaud

PS can someone please tell me how to reply to a comment rather than do a new post lol!


There's a quote button above each post on the right hand side
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Pudpop wrote:Chelsea'a full list of Premier League wins this season:

Sunderland
WBA
Norwich
Palace
Villa
Arsenal (x2)

Great company to be keeping boys...



Utterly embarrassing
Image
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 34496
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Rhume91 wrote:Completely agree, he will never be a star player in La Liga but he'll look much better playing for Barcelona. It's an easier league and his flaws will be shown alot less often.

It's a horrible feeling looking at the oppositions squad and thinking that at least half of their team could walk into our first 11. That's what years of inept transfer windows does to a sqaud

PS can someone please tell me how to reply to a comment rather than do a new post lol!


There's a quote button above each post on the right hand side


Got it! Thanks
Rhume91
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2568
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby BS221B » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Image
User avatar
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6410
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Myrmedus wrote:Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.


I genuinely felt bad for Giroud when I saw his reaction on tv. Bigger slap in the face than the one AW gave Chambers a couple of weeks ago when Arteta came on
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Pudpop wrote:Chelsea'a full list of Premier League wins this season:

Sunderland
WBA
Norwich
Palace
Villa
Arsenal (x2)

Great company to be keeping boys...




Image
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am
Location: Moe's Tavern

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal vs Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Callum » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:45 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Btw gooney was right Callum ;)

Lol, but if you keep predicting a team to lose, it's very likely you'll be right eventually

Equivalent of me going on a Chelsea forum and predicting a win every game, will be right eventually

This, which was my entire point.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34545
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 15/16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest