24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.

I genuinely felt bad for Giroud when I saw his reaction on tv. Bigger slap in the face than the one AW gave Chambers a couple of weeks ago when Arteta came on

It was just stupid. You basically just castrate your team's attack by doing that. When we did get forward we lacked penetration AND presence...at least with Giroud we would've had presence. With him on the field I could've seen us equalizing.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby afc92 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Another game that just highlights the need to replace wenger this summer forget 18 months cba with these embarrassing results anymore we haven't beat Chelsea in the league in 6 years... we haven't won at old Trafford in the league in nearly a decade teams that have lesser players than we do pluck up better results than we do it all stems from weak management some of the players actually looked scared to tackle costa today it was bizarre but this result conforms what I already knew from the start this whole title thing was a complete fake myth just like 2 seasons ago expect the decline and drop off to now proceed
afc92
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:52 pm

I normally moan on here so that I am not so grumpy in real life. Unfortunately not even a few online rants have stopped me being in a bad mood. FFS its only football, why does it matter so much LOL
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:54 pm

afc92 wrote:Another game that just highlights the need to replace wenger this summer forget 18 months cba with these embarrassing results anymore we haven't beat Chelsea in the league in 6 years... we haven't won at old Trafford in the league in nearly a decade teams that have lesser players than we do pluck up better results than we do it all stems from weak management some of the players actually looked scared to tackle costa today it was bizarre but this result conforms what I already knew from the start this whole title thing was a complete fake myth just like 2 seasons ago expect the decline and drop off to now proceed

Do they really have lesser players than us though? Right now I agree United's first 11 isn't as strong as ours but Chelsea's 11 is stronger & City's is stronger. We have very talented players but we also have far too many average players.

We can't look to player's like Elneny and expect that 6/7 million is going to buy us world class players, we will find the odd gem but if you want world class then we need to pay the money.
Rhume91
Liam Brady

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.

I genuinely felt bad for Giroud when I saw his reaction on tv. Bigger slap in the face than the one AW gave Chambers a couple of weeks ago when Arteta came on

It was just stupid. You basically just castrate your team's attack by doing that. When we did get forward we lacked penetration AND presence...at least with Giroud we would've had presence. With him on the field I could've seen us equalizing.

My dad made a good point while we were watching the game: Imagine the effect that sub had on the team? You go a man down and now your leading man, who scored our last 2 league goals, and is 12 goals ahead of anyone else in our team, comes off. One of our only slightly in form players and he's taken off. Instantly demoralize the rest of the team
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

My dad made a good point while we were watching the game: Imagine the effect that sub had on the team? You go a man down and now your leading man, who scored our last 2 league goals, and is 12 goals ahead of anyone else in our team, comes off. One of our only slightly in form players and he's taken off. Instantly demoralize the rest of the team

I agree to an extent. Only other option for me was Campbell but after 18 minutes Wenger was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Giroud apparently had a slight knock so maybe influenced the decision.
Last edited by Rhume91 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhume91
Liam Brady

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

I agree to an extent. Only other option for me was Campbell but after 18 minutes Wenger was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Bullshit he had a slight knock. He wouldn't have reacted that way. And take off THEO ffs. He's been in piss poor form for months
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Wenger didn't mention a knock when asked about the sub.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I normally moan on here so that I am not so grumpy in real life. Unfortunately not even a few online rants have stopped me being in a bad mood. FFS its only football, why does it matter so much LOL

There were times games like this would genuinely piss me off for a couple of days. Now it almost feels like just like a long day at the office. Guess that's what happens if your team hasn't won a league title in over a decade.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Zenith wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I normally moan on here so that I am not so grumpy in real life. Unfortunately not even a few online rants have stopped me being in a bad mood. FFS its only football, why does it matter so much LOL

There were times games like this would genuinely piss me off for a couple of days. Now it almost feels like just like a long day at the office. Guess that's what happens if your team hasn't won a league title in over a decade.

Same here. It's more resignation than anger now.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Bullshit he had a slight knock. He wouldn't have reacted that way. And take off THEO ffs. He's been in piss poor form for months

Not trying to defend Wenger btw lol!

Take Walcott off (as shit as hes been) and who do we play on the wings?

Wenger plays 1 formation, 2 wingers and someone in the hold behind the striker. If Campbell came off then ramsey could have moved forward but as I said when we go to 10 men, we are completely ruined.

Far too many players have been on poor form since the just before xmas
Rhume91
Liam Brady

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:07 pm

it should piss you off for a couple of days

regardless of the w***er in charge it's too hard not to care. as soon as the red card happened I wanted to leave as there was no way we were winning the game and it would be the same old cheating shit from them. Just can't do it, even with the scoreline ending the same I'd hate myself for missing it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Its tribal

I think you get that and its why you and I are pretty much on the same page.

Football has nothing to do with football. The club is bigger than the sport.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Cripps » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Got more important things to do than worry about a joke manager ruining a once great club
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16