24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Re: 24/01/2016 | Arsenal 0-1 Chelsea| Premier League

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.

I genuinely felt bad for Giroud when I saw his reaction on tv. Bigger slap in the face than the one AW gave Chambers a couple of weeks ago when Arteta came on

It was just stupid. You basically just castrate your team's attack by doing that. When we did get forward we lacked penetration AND presence...at least with Giroud we would've had presence. With him on the field I could've seen us equalizing.

My dad made a good point while we were watching the game: Imagine the effect that sub had on the team? You go a man down and now your leading man, who scored our last 2 league goals, and is 12 goals ahead of anyone else in our team, comes off. One of our only slightly in form players and he's taken off. Instantly demoralize the rest of the team

Oh indeed, there's multiple connotations to such a change. Like you say, psychologically it can f**k the team up. Tactically is certainly fucks the team up because you kill the balance - and especially against a team like Chelsea you need physical presence in attack. And in terms of individual player capabilities we took off one of our best chances at scoring without replacing it (ie. bringing on Sanchez to play on one of the wings, perhaps).
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Cripps wrote:Got more important things to do than worry about a joke manager ruining a once great club

I'm on holiday. This is literally all I have to do with my time until next month
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Still pissed off tbh, but will probably not be tomorrow

Can't let a game ruin your life that much tbh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Taking Giroud off was another example of bad judgement, and that pretty much lost us the game combined with the sending off.

I genuinely felt bad for Giroud when I saw his reaction on tv. Bigger slap in the face than the one AW gave Chambers a couple of weeks ago when Arteta came on

It was just stupid. You basically just castrate your team's attack by doing that. When we did get forward we lacked penetration AND presence...at least with Giroud we would've had presence. With him on the field I could've seen us equalizing.

My dad made a good point while we were watching the game: Imagine the effect that sub had on the team? You go a man down and now your leading man, who scored our last 2 league goals, and is 12 goals ahead of anyone else in our team, comes off. One of our only slightly in form players and he's taken off. Instantly demoralize the rest of the team

I agree to an extent. Only other option for me was Campbell but after 18 minutes Wenger was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Giroud apparently had a slight knock so maybe influenced the decision.

Bullshit he had a slight knock. He wouldn't have reacted that way. And take off THEO ffs. He's been in piss poor form for months

Not trying to defend Wenger btw lol!

Take Walcott off (as shit as hes been) and who do we play on the wings?

Wenger plays 1 formation, 2 wingers and someone in the hold behind the striker. If Campbell came off then ramsey could have moved forward but as I said when we go to 10 men, we are completely ruined.

Far too many players have been on poor form since the just before xmas

Then that highlights yet another problem: a complete lack of flexibility with how the team shapes up.

Noone is expecting a secondary formation to fare as well but there should BE one at least. The spine of the team is generally considered the most important element, chopping off the head of that spine is a pretty stupid move unless all you want to do is hold on to what you have.

Historically, teams used to take off a CF for a CB when they lost a CB but those were back in the days where 4-4-2 was common place. Doing it when you play with a lone recognised CF is just dumb.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Still pissed off tbh, but will probably not be tomorrow

It's not just a game BRO

List of important things in life:

1. Personal and Family heath
2. Football
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rhume91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Rhume91 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

I agree to an extent. Only other option for me was Campbell but after 18 minutes Wenger was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Giroud apparently had a slight knock so maybe influenced the decision.

Bullshit he had a slight knock. He wouldn't have reacted that way. And take off THEO ffs. He's been in piss poor form for months

Not trying to defend Wenger btw lol!

Take Walcott off (as shit as hes been) and who do we play on the wings?

Wenger plays 1 formation, 2 wingers and someone in the hold behind the striker. If Campbell came off then ramsey could have moved forward but as I said when we go to 10 men, we are completely ruined.

Far too many players have been on poor form since the just before xmas

Then that highlights yet another problem: a complete lack of flexibility with how the team shapes up.

Noone is expecting a secondary formation to fare as well but there should BE one at least. The spine of the team is generally considered the most important element, chopping off the head of that spine is a pretty stupid move unless all you want to do is hold on to what you have.

Historically, teams used to take off a CF for a CB when they lost a CB but those were back in the days where 4-4-2 was common place. Doing it when you play with a lone recognised CF is just dumb.

Couldn't agree with you more, we need far more flexibility. We play 1 way and that's it which has caused problems for years

My thoughts at the start of the 2nd half were that we were going for a forward 3 with a little flexibility I.e everyone could interchange and I thought it kind of worked but I cna understand Giroud's frustration
Rhume91
Liam Brady

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Mesüt wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Still pissed off tbh, but will probably not be tomorrow

It's not just a game BRO

List of important things in life:

1. Personal and Family heath
2. Football

#lad
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:51 pm

btw would be interested in the stat for how many times each player gave the ball away today

if anyone knows where to find it. would find it very useful in my weekly rage against the welsh tit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Mesüt wrote:btw would be interested in the stat for how many times each player gave the ball away today

if anyone knows where to find it. would find it very useful in my weekly rage against the welsh tit.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/95961 ... al-Chelsea

Ramsey had 88% pass completion apparently
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Mesüt wrote:btw would be interested in the stat for how many times each player gave the ball away today

Remember this if you call out my Koscielny criticism as hate tbh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:53 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:

except Kos is actually good.

and Sims, thanks but wtf? HOW! I didn't even say anything til like 87th minute but the lads next to me were even joking that Ramsey just completed his first pass to an Arsenal player around the 80th min :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Mesüt wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

except Kos is actually good.

and Sims, thanks but wtf? HOW! I didn't even say anything til like 87th minute but the lads next to me were even joking that Ramsey just completed his first pass to an Arsenal player around the 80th min :lol:

He was losing headers and challenges to Oscar, ffs
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:56 pm

wow, best pass accuracy on our team for this game, I truly am shocked. also most passes but only 1 key pass.

then again john obi mikel is 2nd in both categories. Fabregas top obv.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Btw, how the heck did Flamini manage to get booked for dissent in the EPL? :D
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Maximilyan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:57 pm

I have to say that at least sanchez looked like a menace. I forgot how much better he is than the rest of our players.

Giroud
Sanchez Ozil Campbell
Coq Ramsey

This team for the rest of the season and we will win the premire league.
Maximilyan
Michael Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16