13/01/2016 | Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 13/01/2016 | Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Deep Tech G » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Just seen the goals, Cech couldn't do much for Firmino's goals, even the last one was a good goal for pool.

Giroud's second.. who knew the statue had footwork like that!

My colleague has just told me that Giroud missed an absolute sitter where he has slid in too early - typical lol
Deep Tech G
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:41 pm

We gotta be running out of luck soon, been playing bad but still getting results, wonder how long we can keep that up. We need players back badly. I don't think our midfield is at a championship level.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Giroud's goal reminded me of that one that Torres scored against us a few years back
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:42 pm

StLGooner wrote:We gotta be running out of luck soon, been playing bad but still getting results, wonder how long we can keep that up. We need players back badly. I don't think our midfield is at a championship level.

Don't think running it of luck is going to be a problem considering we're getting players back from injury now instead of losing them to injury.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:08 pm

Pudpop wrote:
StLGooner wrote:We gotta be running out of luck soon, been playing bad but still getting results, wonder how long we can keep that up. We need players back badly. I don't think our midfield is at a championship level.

Don't think running it of luck is going to be a problem considering we're getting players back from injury now instead of losing them to injury.

We could lose them to injury any time though. And if we keep playing like we are then yes, we will need to continue to be a bit lucky like I think we have been.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:23 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

We could lose them to injury any time though. And if we keep playing like we are then yes, we will need to continue to be a bit lucky like I think we have been.

Chelsea crawled over the line last season and others have done so in the past. Games where it is not going our way are the games we get nothing from in the past - it is not luck; it is a change of mentality.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Chelsea crawled over the line last season and others have done so in the past. Games where it is not going our way are the games we get nothing from in the past - it is not luck; it is a change of mentality.

I disagree. but can't prove it either way, so we'll leave it at that.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:18 pm

as luck would have it, i had to leave for work at about 65mins...

Arsene was lamenting that we didnt go up 4-2... i didnt see these blown chances he mentioned..

I WAS disappointed where Theo twice got to the area... 1st he elects to shoot and shoot wide rather than laying it off for, was it Rambo ?

and the 2nd he dawdled at the edge of the area and lost possession...

searched for extended hilites, but... nothing... what are these chances he is talking about?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Losmeister wrote:as luck would have it, i had to leave for work at about 65mins...

Arsene was lamenting that we didnt go up 4-2... i didnt see these blown chances he mentioned..

I WAS disappointed where Theo twice got to the area... 1st he elects to shoot and shoot wide rather than laying it off for, was it Rambo ?

searched for extended hilites, but... nothing... what are these chances he is talking about?

AW is probably talking about Giroud's miss
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Pudpop wrote:AW is probably talking about Giroud's miss

That came before we got the third goal though so I'm not sure. If he scores the tap in there's a whole different sequence of events that follow and he doesn't score the screamer.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Losmeister wrote:as luck would have it, i had to leave for work at about 65mins...

AW is probably talking about Giroud's miss

Up there with Gervinhos?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Callum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:AW is probably talking about Giroud's miss

That came before we got the third goal though so I'm not sure. If he scores the tap in there's a whole different sequence of events that follow and he doesn't score the screamer.

Campbell volley
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:03 pm

the way i understood him... he said chances to make it 4-2, made bad decisions...

so i am thinking its AFTER the Giroud WC goal ( which for me, cancels out the miss)
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Losmeister wrote:the way i understood him... he said chances to make it 4-2, made bad decisions...

so i am thinking its AFTER the Giroud WC goal ( which for me, cancels out the miss)

It has to be the two opportunities Walcott blew. They weren't chances per se' but they would've been had he just played Ramsey in instead of shooting the first time and holding on to the ball the second.

Chamberlain also had the opportunity to put someone through during a counter attack and didn't.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Alexis » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:01 am

Aw was talking about bad decision making in general tbh. There was a bit before they scored thirs, where ox broke free for a counter attack and instead of crossing the ball to other side where there were 2 free arsenal players, he decided to take it on himself and run into a set of liv players. Honestly a switch to the either side would have been a 2 v 1 situation and then just beating the keeper as the other liv player would have been too far away to catch up. I Remember getting pissed of at this
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16