13/01/2016 | Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 13/01/2016 | Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Callum » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:57 am

Zedie wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:https://youtu.be/XiWtoydTYN0

Legendary dive by lucas.

Inb4 there was contact.

It was a penalty. Eboue was such an idiot at times.

He shouldn't have got near lucas, especially knowing he was playing for the scouse and they'll beg for anything. However it's really annoying that the video doesn't actually show the contact. Lucas literally slowed, waited for any sort of contact, kept both toes on the floor and layed down. for me that wasn't a penalty. The ref had just given us one and he made sure to return the favour with that bullshit.

It's probably a modern day pen, as there was physical contact, but I always judge pens on what's actually a foul or not, ie is the player actually impeded.

I grew up watching players get kicked to hell before the ref blew, I have never understood how the present day refs will give a pen for contact so slight, no one would even beg for it outside the box due to embarrassement.

Look at depays pen on the weekend. Contact yes. Enough for him to tuck in both legs, jump in the air and scream out? Hell no.

Why not give a pen for everytime anyone touches an opponent in the area like on corners et.? Because it's bullocks.

It's one of those which seems soft but as it'd be given every time if it was outside of the box, it should be given if it's inside as well.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby afc92 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 am

Wengers subs ruined the game Ox hasn't shown any form since the community shield plus defensivly he is a liability could of put I think ozil through instead kept running into players like a headless chicken.... gibbs is just like putting on air he does nothing just doesn't look bothered he 100% needs to leave in the summer he will be 27 in September and arteta who is so past it its embarrassing no shock no one was picking up allen flamini was shattered arteta was ball watching typical arsenal tbf I though arsenal would lose so I guess a point should be a good result but in them circumstances if you want to be champions you hang on
afc92
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby arsebandit » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 am

Marsbar100 wrote:Didn't the eboue game pretty much coffin our title hopes, rofl what a stupid player

Hungry hungry hippos player perhaps, certainly not football...
D'ya know how we got Eboue?
Wenger went to Africa & appeared as a celebrity contestant on their version of Bullseye. He got through to bully's prize board cos he knew all the answers... He was however shit at darts & stayed out the red with all 9 darts. As a sympathy gesture the host offered wenger the booby prize for being useless at darts but pretty damn smart...
Yep you guessed it...
That booby prize was Eboue.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsebandit » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:26 am

afc92 wrote:Wengers subs ruined the game Ox hasn't shown any form since the community shield plus defensivly he is a liability could of put I think ozil through instead kept running into players like a headless chicken.... gibbs is just like putting on air he does nothing just doesn't look bothered he 100% needs to leave in the summer he will be 27 in September and arteta who is so past it its embarrassing no shock no one was picking up allen flamini was shattered arteta was ball watching typical arsenal tbf I though arsenal would lose so I guess a point should be a good result but in them circumstances if you want to be champions you hang on

Hanging on isn't part of our make up, not one of our strengths certainly. Confirmed once again with our subs, the indecision caught between a rock & a hard place. The players become discombobulated, attack? Defend? Bringing Arteta on, why? What does Gibbs bring the team??
Lumpafool players must've felt a good 30-35% extra surge of energy seeing Arteta come on, Jesus these guys are DESPERATE they'll have been telling each other. Bringing on arteta for f*ck sake, down with the shorts & over we bend. Imagine them bringing on Dalglish, the boost it'd give us. Same difference
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:50 am

someone else said it.. calm your tits...

the feckn whingeing that goes on here is unmanly
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:52 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:How many last minute goals have we conceded to Liverpool?

Well and truly paid us back for 89

Off the top Mellor, Garcia, Benayoun, Kuyt (pen), Skrtel and now Joe f***ing Allen.

Also, Owen in the '01 final and Gerrard in the '08 CL both scored crucial late goals against us.

Yep, we love giving Pool those match altering goals.

I don't remember the García one
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:27 am

Losmeister wrote:someone else said it.. calm your tits...

My tits are calm.
I don't fly from one extreme to the other, we ain't world beaters after a win nor Scottish 3rd division standard when we lose.
Stating the sight of Arteta coming on can only encourage our opponents isn't whinging, this is a forum is it not.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:30 am

Cripps wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Cripps wrote:How many last minute goals have we conceded to Liverpool?

Well and truly paid us back for 89

Off the top Mellor, Garcia, Benayoun, Kuyt (pen), Skrtel and now Joe f***ing Allen.

Also, Owen in the '01 final and Gerrard in the '08 CL both scored crucial late goals against us.

Yep, we love giving Pool those match altering goals.

I don't remember the García one

After Lehmann put in a heroic performance - saved a Gerrard penalty and what would've been a Senderos own goal. We were shit. Think we had one shot on target the whole game.

Funnily enough we beat Madrid in our next match.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 am

Losmeister wrote:someone else said it.. calm your tits...

Everyone's gonna be this tense throughout the rest of the season. We're top of the league, best chance of winning the damn thing for years, everyone's feeling the pressure.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CRGooner » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 am

I'm not upset.... yet. If we get 6 points from the next two games, color me satisfied. 7 points from these 3 tough fixtures was the main aim in my view.

City keep letting us off the hook (just like we do to them), but it doesn't really matter that Leicester caught up, as we can peg them back ourselves at the Emirates.
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:30 am

btw... the comment's been bandied about around here about how we are lucky cos the rest o the league is shite this year...
i dont really see how different it is than last year where Chelsea were dynamite to start, everyone else was dropping pts left and right... and then chelsea stank from Jan on, but everyone else had fallen too far behind for it to matter...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 am

Losmeister wrote:btw... the comment's been bandied about around here about how we are lucky cos the rest o the league is shite this year...
i dont really see how different it is than last year where Chelsea were dynamite to start, everyone else was dropping pts left and right... and then chelsea stank from Jan on, but everyone else had fallen too far behind for it to matter...

Chelsea were incredible in the first half only losing their first match in December. They started playing poorly in the second half but were also very consistent in grinding out results.
We have done neither.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby Losmeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:38 am

ThisIsNotAnID wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw... the comment's been bandied about around here about how we are lucky cos the rest o the league is shite this year...

Chelsea were incredible in the first half only losing their first match in December. They started playing poorly in the second half but were also very consistent in grinding out results.
We have done neither.

oh, you mean taking advantage of incredible goalkeeping gaffs...and pens

anyway... i dont think the rest of the league was much better last year than this...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gooner861 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:31 am

CRGooner wrote:I'm not upset.... yet. If we get 6 points from the next two games, color me satisfied. 7 points from these 3 tough fixtures was the main aim in my view.

City keep letting us off the hook
(just like we do to them), but it doesn't really matter that Leicester caught up, as we can peg them back ourselves at the Emirates.

100% this. I couldn't watch our game last night cos I was proper nervous so I decided to watch city vs everton. How city didn't win that game is a mystery but I really dread to think what'll happen when aguero de bruyne silva and sterling finally click cos that front 4 is full of quality and too expensive for it to fail. Our saving grace is Kompany seems to be a big miss for them on the pitch and psychologically. Oh and I'm still not worried by leicester....yet.
Gooner861
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:31 am

we all agree arteta is shit now flamini is bang on average so hopefully this el neny character has some defensive discipline about him
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16