28/12/2015 | Arsenal 2-0 Bournemouth | Premier League

Re: 28/12/2015 | Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:10 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Lateral wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Theo's been a heck of a lot worse than Giroud today

Debatable. Theo's finishing was shit, but at least he was involved. Giroud was a ghost.
Giroud had an assist today. it was quite nice to watch. you might want to rewatch the game.

Giroud was 7.5/10, Walcott 6/10 at the very best

One assist does not make up for doing literally nothing useful the rest of the game. At least Theo was trying.

One assist gets you a goal. Trying gets you nothing

Stupid way to look at it. A better way is to think that Giroud played at the exact same level as the Soton game, and today one of his flicks came off, but against Soton it didn't even through he kept on f***ing trying it.

I don't blame him though, he's exhausted
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 28/12/2015 | Arsenal 2-0 Bournemouth | Premier League

Postby Yago » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Yeah, Giroud bugged me. Kept walking, did nothing even when the rest of the team was pressuring the opposition. Need more work rate there.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby QPRSENAL » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 pm

Campbell tracking back after coming on was a joy to watch, simply having an extra body back there when trying to hold 9n was comforting.

Ozil motm, the amount of chances he created was phenomenal. He looked like the olayer everyone was trying to pass to because they knew he would do something, except usually with that cliche it's that they'd score a goal from nowhere like messi, ozil will create something from nowhere.

He had no right to make that pass/cross to walcott at the end, almost every other player in the world would have tried to hold it up or take them on. Yet he goes and drops it almost perfectly for him.

Our finishing was atrocious today. We know they can CAN finish, theo and giroud between them, the consistency is demoralising though.
QPRSENAL
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:18 pm

QPRSENAL wrote:Ozil motm, the amount of chances he created was phenomenal. He looked like the olayer everyone was trying to pass to because they knew he would do something, except usually with that cliche it's that they'd score a goal from nowhere like messi, ozil will create something from nowhere.

He had no right to make that pass/cross to walcott at the end, almost every other player in the world would have tried to hold it up or take them on. Yet he goes and drops it almost perfectly for him.

As he got the ball there in that space the commentator said "Walcott's available IF Ozil can find him," but as soon as Ozil got the ball I was already saying I hope Walcott can finish this. I even get the feeling that he knew who he was passing to before Monreal even passed it to him
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Congratulations to Cech for getting the record. A shame he didn't have more to do ie shots to save. Need points for my fantasy team. Need to learn to give penalties away so Cech has a chance to save them.

Wenger did something right for a change and dropped calamity Kos and his decision was proved right with Gabriel having a stormer. Mert started off poorly, realised it wasn't Kos beside him f***ing things up and grew in confidence. Gibbs showing why he's a great squad player to have. Very good. Wtf has happened to Bellerins crossing? Atrocious. Defensively not challenged.

Chambers was ok at DM. Not a long term solution hopefully. Come back Flamini. Pissed with Ramsey. Should've scored a hat trick on the basis he is my captain. Not a bad game overall. Ox actually did OK as well. Thought it would be another typical performance as the first 2 touches he gave the ball away but hopefully he can step up now.

Theo should've scored but you can see his movement and overall play is awesome. Scared the shit out of their pub defenders.

Ozil MOTM by a country mile. Best player in the country if not the world ATM.

Surprised Wenger rested Giroud today especially as we had no striker playing today but should be rested and raring to go v Newcastle.

Also another :rofll: to the twats who left early. Missed out on Iwobis brilliant cameo.

Genuinely don't know any Bournmouth player bar Boruc and that's only cos he played for other clubs I've seen him at. Rangers I believe in Scotland and Southampton. I could walk past any of them and there's more chance of them stopping me for an autograph than me them.

Also watched True Blood on my phone on the way back whilst on the train and one of the many sex scenes on the show was on whilst I was next to a kid. I think his dad wasn't happy with what I was watching but oh well. Kids got to learn about the birds and bees sometime. He's welcome.

All in all we are top, hopefully for only a day as Leicester beat city.

On we go
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cornish Gooner » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Now we are sitting on top, will Wenger go out and strengthen the squad in the January window, or will he sit back like he did a couple of seasons ago thinking he could win the title with what he had?
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:There is no way this team will recover from tonights beating. Sure wenger will talk about mental strength and desire as he does everytime he knows the season is going downhill. we will probably see that c*** Theo do an interview about how we have to show character. Match starts and they will sh1t themselves. Bourmouth is a simply direct team who has a go at everyone. At home they will be nightmare for us as they wont fear us, and ourr players will get even more scared when tehy realize this. 1-3 loss

Arsenal win confirmed.

Cheers gooney, I'm much more relaxed now.

gooney the GOAT :hail:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 pm

How did Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chambers do today?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Chalbers was much better than I had feared. He was very decent. Ox was really good, made some great runs with the ball. Tried too much at times, but I'd choose him over Campbell for the next game.
Yago

Postby Fenice » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:45 pm

Yago wrote:Chalbers was much better than I had feared. He was very decent. Ox was really good, made some great runs with the ball. Tried too much at times, but I'd choose him over Campbell for the next game.

Basically this. Chambers got a really nice tackle in along the side and Ox gave us much needed width along with getting a difficult shot off.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ESFSAFC » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 am

Callum wrote:How did Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chambers do today?

Ox made a few nice runs and beat his man now and again, passing wasn't great. Few times he lost the ball. No end product except a shot off the post, better than his recent apps.

Chambers had some very nice passes ,also some bad passes and kept his positioning well enough, still unsure if DM is where he will end up. DM or CB. Can't even say who I prefer between him and Flamini right now, he could have a breakthrough game to launch his season.

Both did well but both could do with improving their movement and reading of the game to link up better, Ozil worked over time to help us keep the ball.

Overall Ozil was the difference(so far above any of our other players) with Theo and Giroud continuing to make him rethink his life. Theo matching Giroud for most frustrating player right now.

Didn't mind that Bournemouth had most of the ball with meaningless side ways passing in last 20-30 mins as it gave our players a rest in a way. Gibbs is the still the same player he was 3-4 years ago.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:27 am

great game by the german conductor ozil amazing vision he is the best player in the league i bet when sanchez comes back his stress levels will decrease the chilean is our best finisher by a country mile theo and giroud still need to improve in that aspect
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:19 am

Theo's finishing and ball control last night was fpalm worthy.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:43 am

Callum wrote:
Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:There is no way this team will recover from tonights beating. Sure wenger will talk about mental strength and desire as he does everytime he knows the season is going downhill. we will probably see that c*** Theo do an interview about how we have to show character. Match starts and they will sh1t themselves. Bourmouth is a simply direct team who has a go at everyone. At home they will be nightmare for us as they wont fear us, and ourr players will get even more scared when tehy realize this. 1-3 loss

Arsenal win confirmed.

Cheers gooney, I'm much more relaxed now.

gooney the GOAT :hail:

We seem to always win by a better margin than he predicts us to lose by as well
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby S.African Gooner » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:59 am

ivän itchybüm wrote:Annoyed Mesut only got the one assist. If the others had their shooting boots on he'd have had about 3.

Feel the same. Ozil was top drawer yesterday. He really is in a different class.
Living life with the handbrake on
S.African Gooner
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16