26/12/2015 | Southampton 4-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 26/12/2015 | Southampton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Alexis » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:01 pm

realtalk wrote:ffs looks like backline forgot about doing the line properly. They also forgot that mertsaker is a slow truck you have to cover his slow ass.They just exposed mert and dragged him out.Not sure why bellerin thinks he does'nt have to cover mertaskaer.Whey does everyone think they dont have to coevr mert.You always have to cover mert.

The rest of the team is fitness dire.Southampton ran wild.

well mert doesn't usually get exposed that badly, koscielny just had an awful game so merts weaknesses were at full view.
Scratch that, bellerin and monreal weren't covering themselves in glory either. This goes back to the manager, one/two players not performing is acceptable, but the whole team were pathetic today, clearly wenger didn't motivate them enough after last game nor did he get his tactics right (not that he has that much, mostly relies on playstyle and players expressing themselves anyway)
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: 26/12/2015 | Southampton 4-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Every department was shit but the issues stemmed from having a front 3 that simply wasn't technical enough making it very difficult to get any sustained pressure or quick fluid combinations going.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Jack The Ripper » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Awful just awful, we were totally out played and dominated. to be honest this is crazy to say but we were lucky to lose 4-0 .. could have been 7-0 or 8-0 easily. very disappointing night.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsene Nose » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:49 pm

After the first goal we should've sat deep and denied them space behind our back line. Slowly worked our way out of defense. Instead we went all kamikaze and allowed Long and Mane to waltz passed Slowtesacker and Koscielny again and again.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Timing of the loss annoys me more than anything else. To go from looking like world beaters after City to losing this - and in this manner - against a team that has not been doing well at all recently. How does that happen? Well, we know how it happens, but how is it allowed to happen?
Last edited by Myrmedus on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:52 am

Oh my days just clocked we lost 4-0, switched it off at 3.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby S.African Gooner » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:51 am

Hi fellow Gooners
I am an Arsenal Supporter from South Africa. I have been reading the forum for close to 4 years. After yesterday's shenanigans I finally decided to sign up and post. But before I post, I just thought I should introduce myself to the members of the forum (maybe I can also take the time to calm down and compose myself).
Living life with the handbrake on
S.African Gooner
Liam Brady

Postby Deep Tech G » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 am

Was tired and stopped watching at 2-0. Can't be bothered to watch motd
Deep Tech G
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:20 am

S.African Gooner wrote:Hi fellow Gooners
I am an Arsenal Supporter from South Africa. I have been reading the forum for close to 4 years. After yesterday's shenanigans I finally decided to sign up and post. But before I post, I just thought I should introduce myself to the members of the forum (maybe I can also take the time to calm down and compose myself).

Welcome to the jungle
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby S.African Gooner » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Zenith wrote:

Welcome to the jungle

Thanks Zenith. Well, yesterday's performance and subsequent result wasn't a surprise at all. We all know from past experience what happens when we go to St. Mary's. But it's still infuriating. Wenger makes the same mistakes every season. Not strengthening in the off season, not rotating players at the right time, not choosing the right tactics, and..and..and.Getting a spanking from Southampton who were so off form in the run up to this game is quite embarrassing, even though we've come to expect such results. But I suppose I'm not saying what others on the forum haven't already said. PS: To those who are expecting Wenger to strengthen in January, all I can say is, I wish I had your confidence.
S.African Gooner
Liam Brady

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Welcome my countryman!
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S.African Gooner » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:

Welcome my countryman!

Thank you Goonerfromafrica
S.African Gooner
Liam Brady

Postby Pudpop » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Safa contingent intensifies... We'll take over the forum soon :arsenal3:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yadunoe » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm

S.African Gooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Welcome to the jungle

Thanks Zenith. Well, yesterday's performance and subsequent result wasn't a surprise at all. We all know from past experience what happens when we go to St. Mary's. But it's still infuriating. Wenger makes the same mistakes every season. Not strengthening in the off season, not rotating players at the right time, not choosing the right tactics, and..and..and.Getting a spanking from Southampton who were so off form in the run up to this game is quite embarrassing, even though we've come to expect such results. But I suppose I'm not saying what others on the forum haven't already said. PS: To those who are expecting Wenger to strengthen in January, all I can say is, I wish I had your confidence.

he needs 2 players even one might do but we need some physicality in the centre of the park
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:53 pm

yadunoe wrote:
S.African Gooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Welcome to the jungle

he needs 2 players even one might do but we need some physicality in the centre of the park

With the League being crap, definitely, but ideally it'd be nice to see Theo/Giroud/Campbell type players who lack either pace or technical skill be bit part players, players who are always injured moved on, and those who aren't good enough like the Welbz and Ox replaced with actual good players that would consign the Giroud type players to rotation. It's the only way we can compete in the CL. We're probably still 2-3 years away from competing in the CL even if Wenger leaves and we get a manager ready to buy. To start with though, if he doesn't spend this window, that's a sack-able offence. Even with the loss, we're still in prime position to win the league

Overall view though, need two big signings in the summer (Which Wenger won't make) to start to make us competitive in Europe. It'd take time but if we buy at our current rate, this will be our ceiling, competing for the league and maybe winning it if the rest are crap
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16