21/12/2015 | Arsenal 2-1 Manchester City | Premier League

21/12/2015 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premier League

Postby jules_w » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:22 am

I'm confident for this game. City were shit against Swansea. Kompany and Aguero are still injured so even if they play they won't be at their best.

We're winning this 2-0.
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Re: 21/12/2015 | Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premier League

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:12 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:Biggest league game of the season so far without a doubt. Either Arsenal or City will be winning the league. Leicester will be 7th or something, United, Spuds and Pool are shit. If we manage to get 3 points here we are favourites for the title in my book.

If Coq wasn't injured i would feel 100% confident for this game. Imo all the big games pre-Coq our main problem was Flamini/Arteta simly didn't have enough quality and it showed. They were performjng fine in games against lesser teams but every top 4 team we lost to sides that exploited their weaknesses. On the other hand, i do remember a game against City where Flamini was Motm and even scored and their injury list is quite big aswell.

Still fancy us to win, just not feeling very confident about it.

The problem wasn't necessarily Flamini/Arteta. It was that we went gung ho and they picked us on the counter.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:54 am

8 Day Build up - going to have to pace ourselves on the analysis breakdown for this one :)
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am

Jedieurokrem wrote:Biggest league game of the season so far without a doubt. Either Arsenal or City will be winning the league. Leicester will be 7th or something, United, Spuds and Pool are shit. If we manage to get 3 points here we are favourites for the title in my book.

If Coq wasn't injured i would feel 100% confident for this game. Imo all the big games pre-Coq our main problem was Flamini/Arteta simly didn't have enough quality and it showed. They were performjng fine in games against lesser teams but every top 4 team we lost to sides that exploited their weaknesses. On the other hand, i do remember a game against City where Flamini was Motm and even scored and their injury list is quite big aswell.

The positive for us is how City aren't the same City that put 6 past us. They look less fluid this season. On the contrary, we look stronger.

I'm not holding my breath for a win, but I do think we have a good chance.

Looking at our fixtures in the second half of the season - Anfield, WHL, OT, Etihad, Goodison - we better beat City at home to amp-up our run. The game I hate is the WHL one, where you just know those idiots will be treating it like their Cup Final.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:03 pm

I think it will be a draw 1-1.

City won't be playing free flowing football and we're still missing some of our best players.

A draw won't be the worst resutl in the world TBH.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:05 pm

greengoonerie wrote:I think it will be a draw 1-1.

City won't be playing free flowing football and we're still missing some of our best players.

Agree. I'd take this. We can win but avoiding a loss puts us in a very good position
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:07 pm

We should be trying to win our home games not settling for a draw. Rather win here and lose at their place than draw twice or even worse.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby arsebandit » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Pudpop wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:I think it will be a draw 1-1.

Agree. I'd take this. We can win but avoiding a loss puts us in a very good position

A draw will be 2 dropped points imo.
Same desire as manure destruction please & we'll get a similar result.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm just afraid of losing.

Luckily it's not me on the pitch though. When the game is on I'll be shouting at them to win
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:59 pm

ThisIsNotAnID wrote:

The problem wasn't necessarily Flamini/Arteta. It was that we went gung ho and they picked us on the counter.

With Ramsey/Flamini we are going gung ho though. Hollywood is gonna hollywood but the problem is Flamini is reckless as well. Coquelin almost never goes forward in big games like these. In the Olympiakos game i saw both Ramsey and Flamini in the box at the same time more then i've seen Cazorla and Ramsey in all the games they've played together.
Angelito wrote:The positive for us is how City aren't the same City that put 6 past us. They look less fluid this season. On the contrary, we look stronger.

Exactly thats why i still think we will win. If it was the City that put 6 past us i would be more then happy with a draw.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:26 pm

We are a team high on injuries but full of confidence. I am fully confident we can turn one over them.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 pm

https://vine.co/v/imW52lxeKwW
Looking at this thinking Cech would save at least 4 out of 6
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby yadunoe » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 pm

im just hoping sanchez is fit we must have that ozil sanchez duo that destroyed man u and please play walcott up top
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:55 am

Don't like to make predictions but If Sanchez is fit I think we will win 3-0
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:34 am

We just need to sit, play cagey, not commit too many forward from kickoff, and take our chances when they arrive.

Them having Toure is a big bonus, us having Theo back and Bellerín fit is a bonus too.

If they can wheel out aguero for 5 minutes, I'll be more worried, but I this has been one of the better times to play them in recent years.

Not the sort of time that Floyd mayweather would have picked, but closer to it than we've ever had.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16