21/11/2015 | West Brom 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Wow, Gooney. How could you know whether Klopp is a good man and Wenger is not?
User avatar
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Indonesia

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:34 pm

QPRSENAL wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
QPRSENAL wrote:As soon as cazorla was getting ahit talked to he should not have taken the pen.


Yeah, Craig Gardner made him slip over :dizzy:


Just wasn't our day and that summed it up. Shame as I was so confident he'd score, his pens have been reliable.

I didn't say that.

He's not confident at the moment and that won't have helped him be in the right position to avoid the slip. Giroud, sanchez or even flamini should have taken over.


How's he not confident at the moment? Scored a great goal for Spain the other day against England and also got 2 in their last set of qualifiers. He wasn't in scoring form for us last season either but his penalties were perfect and he even chipped at least one down the middle.

He simply slipped today on the pitch, nothing to do with the crap from Gardner and whoever else and nothing to do with his form (whether you think he's playing well or poorly).

Plus if we're going off confidence and mental state why the f would you want to give it to Giroud? If we had more options he wouldn't even play this week given the recent events. And form/confidence applies for Sanchez, the dude who's been shit for weeks and got battered by Uruguay in mid-week. Santi is the pen taker he just slipped and we lost a point cos of it :crybaby:
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33485
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:42 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
DJ X-Ray wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:You know, when you step back and think about it, this is the most hilarious loss we've had in a while

Not if Coquelin's injury is serious it won't be.

We'll be f***ked.

I meant generally though

How often do you hit the post, miss from 3 yards, miss a penalty, bundle in an own goal from a handball and concede the laziest equaliser ever, along with having 2 DM's injured in one game?


this.
have to admit this is one i had a weird feeling about.
given that AFC looked so unsteady v Spurs.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9362
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Schlandi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Mesüt wrote:
QPRSENAL wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
QPRSENAL wrote:As soon as cazorla was getting ahit talked to he should not have taken the pen.


Yeah, Craig Gardner made him slip over :dizzy:


Just wasn't our day and that summed it up. Shame as I was so confident he'd score, his pens have been reliable.

I didn't say that.

He's not confident at the moment and that won't have helped him be in the right position to avoid the slip. Giroud, sanchez or even flamini should have taken over.


How's he not confident at the moment? Scored a great goal for Spain the other day against England and also got 2 in their last set of qualifiers. He wasn't in scoring form for us last season either but his penalties were perfect and he even chipped at least one down the middle.

He simply slipped today on the pitch, nothing to do with the crap from Gardner and whoever else and nothing to do with his form (whether you think he's playing well or poorly).

Plus if we're going off confidence and mental state why the f would you want to give it to Giroud? If we had more options he wouldn't even play this week given the recent events. And form/confidence applies for Sanchez, the dude who's been shit for weeks and got battered by Uruguay in mid-week. Santi is the pen taker he just slipped and we lost a point cos of it :crybaby:


He and his boots clearly lacked the mental strength they needed to succeed there :sneaky2:
Image

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
User avatar
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:02 pm

lol

needed agent podolski to bust the net tbh :P
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33485
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Schlandi » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Mesüt wrote:lol

needed agent podolski to bust the net tbh :P


Thankfully we got rid of him :smart:






;)
Image

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
User avatar
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 11111
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby defcon2005 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:11 pm

i wouldnt blame arteta for any of the goals, the first one was never a free kick and the second should have been snuffed out by bellerin at the touchline
as to the defending on the first one, those inswingers have always been hard to defend ( alan smith anfield 89) and it was an amazing finish too so shit happens
the second was micky mouse stuff and terrible defending.
also santi's penalty? cripps said it was his fault for slipping etc! well what a load of bolocks!
he normally slots them in ok for us. i remember beckham doing the same for england in a big game and there was no better striker of a dead ball at the time
User avatar
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 am
Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby realtalk » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:19 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Once again I fail to see Cazorla's mythical "control" of the midfield. Massively overrated.

Give me Ramsey over him any day, people harp on about him being unable to control the midfield but Cazorla struggles to gain a foothold against teams far too often.


He can't do it unless he has players beside him doing the graft and the running. Don't get me wrong, when he's on form he bosses games, but if we don't have the right players around him he's a passenger.


The guys turning into arteta.Its like watching song and arteta in midfield again.The poor link up with ozil just pisses me off as well. He's a passenger for sure especially when game gets competetive. To reliant on others graft this aint nfl wenger you t**t.

control midfield myth is the best one.Hilarious he does the basic standard and its a masterful.Its just Aesthetic lover waffle.

We were just poor this game end off.
User avatar
realtalk
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby defcon2005 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 pm

realtalk wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Once again I fail to see Cazorla's mythical "control" of the midfield. Massively overrated.

Give me Ramsey over him any day, people harp on about him being unable to control the midfield but Cazorla struggles to gain a foothold against teams far too often.


He can't do it unless he has players beside him doing the graft and the running. Don't get me wrong, when he's on form he bosses games, but if we don't have the right players around him he's a passenger.


The guys turning into arteta.Its like watching song and arteta in midfield again.The poor link up with ozil just pisses me off as well. He's a passenger for sure especially when game gets competetive. To reliant on others graft this aint nfl wenger you t**t.

control midfield myth is the best one.Hilarious he does the basic standard and its a masterful.Its just Aesthetic lover waffle.

We were just poor this game end off.




santi's a class player. sure he struggled when coq went off but so did the whole team?
the problem lays in the fact wenger didn't get any cover for him (coq) in the summer when he could easily done so
we weren't exactly overrun anyway, we still should have won the game
User avatar
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 am
Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby yadunoe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:20 pm

what a horrible loss id blame arteta for the second he got there late or else if he was equal with the ball it would of went out of bounds. I dont get why caz took the penalty he has scored since feb and sanchez was in prime form. Campbell and arteta shouldnt ever put on an arsenal shirt ever again arteta is simply past it and campbell is pure shit even my grandma would of scored that chance he could of took easy option and went near post but he tried to be messi and did far post . Least but not least this loss will highlight how dumb wenger was for not buyin a cdm 200m in the bank and we rely on arteta and flamini to win us the title if we dont buy a cdm and a striker in jan which scrooge wenger will never do we are well and truly f***ked
User avatar
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:36 pm

sohi420 wrote:Also, another away game where Cazorla is nowhere to be seen. He is supposed to be controlling games but...

Santi
Good at palace
V good at Newcastle
Average in Zagreb and at chelsea
Superb at leicester
V good at watford
Good at swansea
Average in Munich and west brom
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11481
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm

starmandb wrote:
sohi420 wrote:Also, another away game where Cazorla is nowhere to be seen. He is supposed to be controlling games but...

Santi
Good at palace
V good at Newcastle
Average in Zagreb and at chelsea
Superb at leicester
V good at watford
Good at swansea
Average in Munich and west brom

Seeing a very obvious theme here, when Cazorla is average, our team is crap
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Mesüt wrote:
QPRSENAL wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
QPRSENAL wrote:As soon as cazorla was getting ahit talked to he should not have taken the pen.


Yeah, Craig Gardner made him slip over :dizzy:


Just wasn't our day and that summed it up. Shame as I was so confident he'd score, his pens have been reliable.

I didn't say that.

He's not confident at the moment and that won't have helped him be in the right position to avoid the slip. Giroud, sanchez or even flamini should have taken over.


How's he not confident at the moment? Scored a great goal for Spain the other day against England and also got 2 in their last set of qualifiers. He wasn't in scoring form for us last season either but his penalties were perfect and he even chipped at least one down the middle.

He simply slipped today on the pitch, nothing to do with the crap from Gardner and whoever else and nothing to do with his form (whether you think he's playing well or poorly).

Plus if we're going off confidence and mental state why the f would you want to give it to Giroud? If we had more options he wouldn't even play this week given the recent events. And form/confidence applies for Sanchez, the dude who's been shit for weeks and got battered by Uruguay in mid-week. Santi is the pen taker he just slipped and we lost a point cos of it :crybaby:

Spot on mate
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11481
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Yago » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:12 pm

What I'm seeing is when our team is average cazorla's crap.
Yago
WC Prediction League winner
WC Prediction League winner
 
Posts: 6813
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: 21/11/2015 | West Brom 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Arsene Nose » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm

15 minutes after the arsenal game ended, the el Classico started. Even in Messi's absence they have Suarez and Neymar. We have Gibbs and Campbell on our wings. Different level entirely. Sadly we were promised that moving to the emirates would put us on the level of clubs like Barca, Real and Bayern.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5541
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:55 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 15/16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest