08/11/2015 | Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham | Premier League

Re: 08/11/2015 | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Premier League

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Angelito wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:Calm down, guys.

This is a massive result on the night.

Beg to differ.

A point against Tottenham at home is not a massive result by any standards.

Look at our condition. Look at their form. This Tottenham side is more balanced that any Spurs side we've ever had to face - even the Bale-led side.

It's no longer LolSpurs. MP is slowly transforming them into a very reliable side. With Chelsea down and out and 'Pool still accommodating to a new system, Spurs could make it into the top-4 this season. They're a very, very good side under MP.

They've only lost one League game this season and I'm not surprised.

And they were unlucky to lose that too
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Now we need our short term injuries back for after the international break, hopefully no new long term injuries until new year at the earliest when wilshere and wellbz return and we are in with a shout at the league.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:Calm down, guys.

This is a massive result on the night.

Beg to differ.

A point against Tottenham at home is not a massive result by any standards.

Right again AF :clap:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Apollo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...

So should we base our results on their results? They have a much bigger and better squad. Naturally we need to make up whenever they slip up. Saying they slipped up so us slipping up is okay is not right. All this matters if we are serious about winning the title. If we are not then anything is okay.

Mate if you think we are going to pick up three points every time we step on the pitch pick up a controller and put it on semi pro that way you won't be disappointed..

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm

:rofll: ^

5 wins and a draw in last 6 PL games just not enough guys.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:27 pm

To say we'd have won with a signing is highly speculative, to say the least
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Honestly though, some overreactions here, we've been crap in Europe but we're 2nd on goal difference at the moment
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Mesüt wrote::rofll: ^

5 wins and a draw in last 6 PL games just not enough guys.

Exacatomundo.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...

So should we base our results on their results? They have a much bigger and better squad. Naturally we need to make up whenever they slip up. Saying they slipped up so us slipping up is okay is not right. All this matters if we are serious about winning the title. If we are not then anything is okay.

Mate if you think we are going to pick up three points every time we step on the pitch pick up a controller and put it on semi pro that way you won't be disappointed..

I just feel this game was very much winnable. You may disagree and think one point was fine i respect your opinion but contrary to some opinions here this Tottenham starting eleven isn't as big a deal as it being made out to be.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

If you want to be winning the league this is the kind of game you want to be winning imo. need to be sorry.
end of no excuses.
Last edited by AAIRE99 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby billie86 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Honestly though, some overreactions here, we've been crap in Europe but we're 2nd on goal difference at the moment

and Europe can do one, we aint winning it so sack it off until we have a shot. May even do us all a favour long term, if England loses the 4th place cl qualification spot due to our poor performance it could force our board to invest knowing only 3rd will do if we want maximum profit.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Doesn't matter if you won five on the bounce you need to give your all to get the best result. Winning 5 on the bounce doesn't mean we should be happy with a draw against an opponent we have a very good record at home. Winning 5 on the bounce doesn't mean we should trundle along and wake up only in the second half.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Apollo wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:

Its unrealistic to think its possible to win a league title unbeaten but we did it. Anyway he didn't say we should win every game but if we fall short of winning the league by a couple of points come May then I know which game I will look at.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

^
The game against West Ham?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Their individual players are absolutely nothing special and on paper we should destroy them.

The game, however, was not played like that at all. Poch was better tactically today and his team were raring to go, only really sleeping for the last 20 mins. He got more out of a lesser group of players and they were good, probably one of the best Spurs performances I've seen at our ground tbh. It was very difficult all day for us to do anything, ARSENAL were restricted to set pieces and crosses...I mean wtf? Really? Arsenal? Yeah.

Seriously cannot be upset with a point after that match, prior to it/prior to City game I would not have accepted 1 point but all in all it is fine.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16