08/11/2015 | Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham | Premier League

Re: 08/11/2015 | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Premier League

Postby Denis_E » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Mesüt wrote:lol @ the overreactions. City dropped 2 points we'd never have expected them to drop whilst we did the same vs a much better team than they did.

12 played
joint top
won despite playing shit

What the f is the problem.

Lol overall I agree with you, but me thinks that slip in calling it a 'win' means you're being overly positive :dontknow:
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Lateral » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

Man City have similar injury problems and they struggle as well.
We are 2nd in the league with only a few goals behind the first.
Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 6 August 2017 and haven't won a big game since 8 March 2018.
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby tweetstreet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Apollo wrote:Good result.

Int break ->Players coming back.

Am I right in thinking there's no international games for Sanchez in the fortnight break so at least he should get a couple of weeks off?
tweetstreet
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Lateral wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So the yearly ritual of blaming the circumstances/injuries/fixtures/fatigue has started but this year it has started a bit too early. 12 games in to the season and already we have a squad which looks overworked, stretched out and gasping for breath with jaded legs. Relying on injured aging players to provide cover, not going out and buying an outfield player, and blaming the the fixtures when the fixture list was laid out before the season was started. Wenger has to take come cop for believing this squad was capable of handling injuries, suspensions and the daunting fixture list. Without doing anything about it in the summer if he comes out now moaning about injuries and suspensions for umpteenth time in the last decade then i can only say.. rinse and repeat forever.

Man City have similar injury problems and they struggle as well.
We are 2nd in the league with only a few goals behind the first.

Man City went out and did something in anticipation of injuries. They have a much bigger squad and have bought players both in January transfer window [Bony] and the last summer window unlike us who has set a new record in not buying a single outfield player in the four divisions of english football.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Calm down, guys.

This is a massive result on the night.

Ozil single-handedly wrecked havoc in the final third with his deliveries and Petr Cech saved us from losing.

This is the reason why I was biting my nails in the Villa/City game because I was sure we'd drop points here. I've been saying that for a week. The games at Swansea and Bayern had to take a toll.

Still a massive result considering our circumstances. Any other season, we'd be losing such pivotal games.

And Monreal was superb today. Our best defender since last season. :hail:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Denis_E wrote:
Mesüt wrote:lol @ the overreactions. City dropped 2 points we'd never have expected them to drop whilst we did the same vs a much better team than they did.

12 played
joint top
won despite playing shit

What the f is the problem.

Lol overall I agree with you, but me thinks that slip in calling it a 'win' means you're being overly positive :dontknow:

Lol slipped up there. Obviously meant draw :lol:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby tweetstreet » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:18 pm

turns out i'm not but he can't be expected to play on the 12th in Chile surely? hopefully we'll be able to rest him this break
tweetstreet
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Angelito wrote:Calm down, guys.

Beg to differ.

A point against Tottenham at home is not a massive result by any standards.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:20 pm

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...
Last edited by Jedi on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Agree with Mesut. this is a good point because of the situation.

City dropped points vs the bottom side in a game they should have won. This was a big derby match.

Credit to Wenger for seeing the big issue was Carzola who was like he has just said 'Not at the races'.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Good point, tbh, we need to put away the smaller teams but draws against other good teams isn't that bad
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:Calm down, guys.

Beg to differ.

A point against Tottenham at home is not a massive result by any standards.

Look at our condition. Look at their form. This Tottenham side is more balanced that any Spurs side we've ever had to face - even the Bale-led side.

It's no longer LolSpurs. MP is slowly transforming them into a very reliable side. With Chelsea down and out and 'Pool still accommodating to a new system, Spurs could make it into the top-4 this season. They're a very, very good side under MP.

They've only lost one League game this season and I'm not surprised.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jules_w » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Gutted for Giroud not to have scored a goal , got some really good chances and just bad luck not one went in.
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:

City drew Aston Villa. We drew an Inform Tottenham side that at the moment looks better then M United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... I don't really see the issue here? Not saying Wenger isn't to blame for not bringing in outfield players but i feel better then i felt before the game tbh...

So should we base our results on their results? They have a much bigger and better squad. Naturally we need to make up whenever they slip up. Saying they slipped up so us slipping up is okay is not right. All this matters if we are serious about winning the title. If we are not then anything is okay.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16