08/11/2015 | Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham | Premier League

Re: 08/11/2015 | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Premier League

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:47 pm

@ AF

You can't compare Leicester to Spurs. One is overachieving and the other is at its level.

Yeah, sure if we want to draw the discussion back to Wenger's failings on the summer, then I have nothing to add.

If you look at the situation objectively, we're joint top of the table and just played 3 hellacious games in a week, yet we still managed to remain joint top of the table going into the break.

Not everything has to be about transfers or Wenger.

City dropped points to 20th Aston Villa. Guess that's due to lack of transfer activity too? ;)
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Angelito and Mesut GOAT posters tonight. :clap:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Angelito wrote:@ AF

You can't compare Leicester to Spurs. One is overachieving and the other is at its level.

Yeah, sure if we want to draw the discussion back to Wenger's failings on the summer, then I have nothing to add.

If you look at the situation objectively, we're joint top of the table and just played 3 hellacious games in a week, yet we still managed to remain joint top of the table going into the break.

City dropped points to 20th Aston Villa. Guess that's due to lack of transfer activity too? ;)

Look at this game. Cazorla had no legs left. He kept giving the ball away cos he was totally exhausted five minutes in to the game. This whole join top after 12 games hardly cuts a muster. What is worrying is that if this is the state of the squad after 12 games then how will this squad cope with fixture congestion around Christmas. Spurs are over achieving cos Chelsea should have been there above them but Mourinho is massively underachieving. If you compare player by player Tottenham barring Eriksen, Lloris and Kane there is hardly anyone you would call top quality.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Callum wrote:Angelito and Mesut GOAT posters tonight. :clap:

Wipe your nose kid, there be sh*t on it ;)
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:53 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:

WTF is this!!!!!! Why are they doing an interview together...

Kane trying to come back maybe.

Joint interviews? UFockingWotM8?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:54 pm

No1DrakeFan wrote:

:rofll:

Coming from you that's a little rich!

Surprised to see you even expressing your own opinions tonight, normally you just piggyback on the comments of those who do your whining for you.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Angelito wrote:@ AF

Look at this game. Cazorla had no legs left. He kept giving the ball away cos he was totally exhausted five minutes in to the game. This whole join top after 12 games hardly cuts a muster. What is worrying is that if this is the state of the squad after 12 games then how will this squad cope with fixture congestion around Christmas. Spurs are over achieving cos Chelsea should have been there above them but Mourinho is massively underachieving. If you compare player by player Tottenham barring Eriksen, Lloris and Kane there is hardly anyone you would call top quality.

Wenger said Cazorla was feeling unwell and dizzy. Not sure if that was caused by Dembele or what but yknow.. :sneaky2:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Callum wrote:
No1DrakeFan wrote:

:rofll:

Coming from you that's a little rich!

Surprised to see you even expressing your own opinions tonight, normally you just piggyback on the comments of those who do your whining for you.

Stop flirting :naughty:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:

WTF is this!!!!!! Why are they doing an interview together...

Kane trying to come back maybe.

Joint interviews? UFockingWotM8?

Gibbo should have nutted him
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

............. and the decline starts.

No Walcott up front, no more fantasy football.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............. and the decline starts.

We won five games prior to this one, including great wins at Leicester and Swansea plus United at home. We have four winnable fixtures after the international break.

Far too early to suggest some decline is on the way because of two dropped points, our first for some time.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Callum wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:............. and the decline starts.

We won five games prior to this one, including great wins at Leicester and Swansea plus United at home. We have four winnable fixtures after the international break.

Far too early to suggest some decline is on the way because of two dropped points, our first for some time.

On the contrary I think the decline has already happened.

The moment Walcott got injured I knew this would happen.

Callum I understand looking at the results this doesn't seem like an issue yet but this is why we never win the league, there is one thing losing a game, I can accept that, it happens to the best teams, but there is a form of how the team are playing which forecasts how they will do over an extended period and since we lost Walcott as lead ST our football has regressed.

We were shining, looking genuinely like the top 2 team in the league, now ...........?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:On the contrary I think the decline has already happened.

The moment Walcott got injured I knew this would happen.

Callum I understand looking at the results this doesn't seem like an issue yet but this is why we never win the league, there is one thing losing a game, I can accept that, it happens to the best teams, but there is a form of how the team are playing which forecasts how they will do over an extended period and since we lost Walcott as lead ST our football has regressed.

We were shining, looking genuinely like the top 2 team in the league, now ...........?

I think you're selling us short. Our form has dipped slightly domestically but we still stuffed Swansea 3-0 last weekend - a game we normally lose or draw - and when you look at City, they're hardly flying either. They drew against the bottom team today and only scraped a last-minute win against Norwich last week. I don't think on a domestic level any team is in better form than us, even if you're just looking at performances.

We look every bit a top-two team right now.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Just got back from the match. All I can say is we just got away with that. Did anyone else notice the missile that the spuds threw onto the pitch during the first half?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fenice » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Just got back from the match. All I can say is we just got away with that. Did anyone else notice the missile that the spuds threw onto the pitch during the first half?

Few of us did. Course it won't be spoken of. If it came from our end it'd get 24 hour coverage.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16