04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier League

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Cripps » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Great first 25 mins.

Boring as f**k 65 after that.

shame we didn't go for the kill.

Just go Wenger.
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | Premier Leag

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Trina wrote:2nd and only 2 points behind top. Not looking bad. Just need consistency.


means we'd be level if not for a shite OS call v Liverspuddle
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Cripps wrote:Great first 25 mins.

Boring as f**k 65 after that.

shame we didn't go for the kill.

Just go Wenger.


weak-ass after three nil victory.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9318
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Cripps wrote:Great first 25 mins.

Boring as f**k 65 after that.

shame we didn't go for the kill.

Just go Wenger.


TBF when your 3-0 up it isn't a bad idea to just coast a bit and take your score line without pressing to hard and risking injuries or a counter Utd goal.

Def not advocating parking the bus and inviting pressure however 3-0 first half is game done.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19788
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | Premier Leag

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Trina wrote:2nd and only 2 points behind top. Not looking bad. Just need consistency.


means we'd be level if not for a shite OS call v Liverspuddle


Or the Mike Dean sabotage. Not as clear cut but I don't think we'd be looking back at a loss imo.

Still, everyone is against Chelsea.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Ref mistakes will be around the same for everyone at the end. Coquelin was a walking red card against Palace too.
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7517
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Gunpowder wrote:Ref mistakes will be around the same for everyone at the end. Coquelin was a walking red card against Palace too.


Kill this bro science myth.

Decisions do not level out, mistakes are mistakes, some may benefit more than others at different times.
Image

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
User avatar
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8832
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 pm
Location: Mt. Olympus

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Apollo wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:Ref mistakes will be around the same for everyone at the end. Coquelin was a walking red card against Palace too.


Kill this bro science myth.

Decisions do not level out, mistakes are mistakes, some may benefit more than others at different times.

Yup!

Down to 10 against Palace and down to 10 against Chelsea are vastly different

Also, thanks to Dean, Gabriel also got a one match ban........
User avatar
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby elkanofan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Trina wrote:2nd and only 2 points behind top. Not looking bad. Just need consistency.


means we'd be level if not for a shite OS call v Liverspuddle


Or the Mike Dean sabotage. Not as clear cut but I don't think we'd be looking back at a loss imo.

Still, everyone is against Chelsea.

We are in a very good place now. This was a huge game and it was a 9.8/10 today almost perfect performance.

The best thing is the media stull thing we are a really shit team who can only manage 4th so they will keep writing us ofc so we need to focus and keep working hard as a team.
User avatar
elkanofan
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 12790
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:32 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Trina wrote:2nd and only 2 points behind top. Not looking bad. Just need consistency.


means we'd be level if not for a shite OS call v Liverspuddle


Or the Mike Dean sabotage. Not as clear cut but I don't think we'd be looking back at a loss imo.

Still, everyone is against Chelsea.

We are in a very good place now. This was a huge game and it was a 9.8/10 today almost perfect performance.

The best thing is the media stull thing we are a really shit team who can only manage 4th so they will keep writing us ofc so we need to focus and keep working hard as a team.


I agree we're in a good place. We've always struggled with the big games and bashed the small teams. Well we're now only 2 points off the top of the table and have already played 3 of our 8 games against the so called big 4. We also now have a run of 8 games where we will be clear favourites. The only dodgy one in the run could be away to Swansea. Always struggled there.
User avatar
BexleyGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby UFGN » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Fantastic result.

We went for the jugular while we had the opportunity.... caught them cold.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18951
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Nejch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Amazing result.
Could have had more tho, Ramsey really needs to get his shit together.
I can't remember when I was last this satisfied with a result, we played some good football today, looked like champions.
Well done to the manager and the players.
Image
Nejch
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:04 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Trina wrote:2nd and only 2 points behind top. Not looking bad. Just need consistency.


means we'd be level if not for a shite OS call v Liverspuddle


Or the Mike Dean sabotage. Not as clear cut but I don't think we'd be looking back at a loss imo.

Still, everyone is against Chelsea.

We are in a very good place now. This was a huge game and it was a 9.8/10 today almost perfect performance.

The best thing is the media stull thing we are a really shit team who can only manage 4th so they will keep writing us ofc so we need to focus and keep working hard as a team.


I agree we're in a good place. We've always struggled with the big games and bashed the small teams. Well we're now only 2 points off the top of the table and have already played 3 of our 8 games against the so called big 4. We also now have a run of 8 games where we will be clear favourites. The only dodgy one in the run could be away to Swansea. Always struggled there.


Swansea and the scum are going to be tough games defo. The others, we should be using the squad when we can on occasion (1 or 2 changes here and there) and expecting maximum points. Keeping up and surpassing city can be done.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Just want to go back to Walcotts overall game today.

He absolutely killed it today and did everything bar a goal. the tracking back, the the pace, the constant chasing down, the poise and awareness to create 2 goals, it was a fantastic performance.

Looking back, it might be that sanchez has gotten to him, because the way that he tracked Rooney and nabbed the ball, plus that goat sliding tackle and finally the fact that he closed down 3 players across the whole width of the Emirates pitch, ending with forcing a rushed clearance was outstanding.

It might not be much to some, but it's those little things that sometimes wins games, that fires up your team mates, that puts the shakes on the opposition.

It was brilliant having one player doing that, to have 2?

Get in.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby gunnor » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:27 pm

I've been one of Wenger's harshest critics but credit where credit is due, Wenger played a blinder today. And Ozil and Sanchez showed why they're world class. We desperately need consistency and I'm very skeptical we will achieve that, quite weird how Wenger turns it on only when his back is to the wall. But it was mindblowing football anyway, never seen anything like it for a long time. Shocking.
gunnor
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 15/16

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests