04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier League

Re: 04/10/2015 | Arsenal 3-0 Manchester United | Premier Lea

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:36 pm

gunnor wrote:I've been one of Wenger's harshest critics but credit where credit is due, Wenger played a blinder today. And Ozil and Sanchez showed why they're world class. We desperately need consistency and I'm very skeptical we will achieve that, quite weird how Wenger turns it on only when his back is to the wall. But it was mindblowing football anyway, never seen anything like it for a long time. Shocking.

Agree.
But what team will turn up next week??
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Cornish Gooner wrote:
gunnor wrote:I've been one of Wenger's harshest critics but credit where credit is due, Wenger played a blinder today. And Ozil and Sanchez showed why they're world class. We desperately need consistency and I'm very skeptical we will achieve that, quite weird how Wenger turns it on only when his back is to the wall. But it was mindblowing football anyway, never seen anything like it for a long time. Shocking.

Agree.

Staring at pie..... :smartass:
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Cornish Gooner wrote:

Agree.

Hopefully none of them
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Scobbie96 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Actually looked like Theo and Alexis up top with öz in behind for periods
ArsenalScotlandSupportersClub

Sol Campbell: "I always dreamed of winning the league at White Hart Lane. So I left and joined Arsenal."
Scobbie96
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby realtalk » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:23 pm

When you play theo it just prevents team from pressing us high up.All you do is send one quality pass get theo in and defenders just drop 5-10 yards back. This leaves a nice gap between opposition mids and their defence. When you play a team that press that gap forces the opposition dm to go get the ball and start play. And he has to be a good passer. This is why schnerderlein didnt play. Lvg knew this and tried the double passers.But we was in kill mode.

Playing theo also makes the pitch less congested and removes alot of over intricate plays we try with giroud on. Just leave theo out in st he's working it out learning the position.

mert & cech were solid for that clean sheet.. Gabriel is just sneakly wrapping up epl experience & just playing well.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Been told there were chants of "are you Chelsea in disguise" going round the Emirates.

Top bantz
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Wenger's Coat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 pm

My, this one feels real good!
Wenger's Coat
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:31 pm

The main difference today: the speed of our play.

We absolutely shredded them in the first half, none of that slow square passing nonsense, we were scything through them at full tilt.

Ozil, Sanchez and Cech were all outstanding.

Once again we look a different team with Walcott leading the line as opposed to Giroud, dynamism on a different level.

Our title challenge proper starts now (I hope).
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby yadunoe » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Great Game good to have this feeling , lets push on from here even though we won i still hate this ramsey on the right thing he just doesnt seem comfortable there the ramsey of 2 season ago would of smashed tat chance into the top corner . Walcott is really learning the ropes of this whole cf thing i just wished he improved his heading he could be a really valuable player you dont have to be tall to be a good header of the ball just need good timing n jumping ability, sanchez is a good header of the ball despite being short due to desire and instincts and jumping ability same with suarez. Walcott should start full time from here on out , his pace really helps us out i feel giroud time is done now as a start, welbeck has the right skills to challenge walcott but needs improved finishing
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ilovearsenal00 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:01 am

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gunners fuuck man u
ilovearsenal00
Michael Thomas

Postby LMAO » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:08 am

Wasn't able to catch the game, but just watched the highlights.

Absolutely magical and about time we put those f***ers to the sword. Wenger got the tactics spot on here.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:21 am

Zedie wrote:Just want to go back to Walcotts overall game today.

He absolutely killed it today and did everything bar a goal. the tracking back, the the pace, the constant chasing down, the poise and awareness to create 2 goals, it was a fantastic performance.

Looking back, it might be that sanchez has gotten to him, because the way that he tracked Rooney and nabbed the ball, plus that goat sliding tackle and finally the fact that he closed down 3 players across the whole width of the Emirates pitch, ending with forcing a rushed clearance was outstanding.

It might not be much to some, but it's those little things that sometimes wins games, that fires up your team mates, that puts the shakes on the opposition.

It was brilliant having one player doing that, to have 2?

Get in.

Agreed.

As I mentioned earlier its very rare a Striker can get these type of plaudits when he hasn't scored.

But his two assists and the space he creates for others by dragging defenders all over the place plus everything else you mentioned means he's well worth the praise, Ian Wright and Thierry Henry both agree.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:19 am

It was the link-up play between MAT - Mesut, Alexis, Theo - that took United by storm. They seem to compliment each other perfectly.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trequartista » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:19 am

In a way, the International Break has come at a good time for us; whilst we are on a high, in a good league position, and now with the chance to get a few players fit again (ie. Koscielny and Flamini).
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:32 am

Great performance yesterday, still have a smile on my face, wish we would have done them a few more and got revenge for some of our heavy defeats but hey ho we still embarrassed them. Said before the game our top 3 trio would need to show up and they did just that and then some, Ozil finally showed up in a big game, hopefully that will do his confidence some good, Sanchez has suddenly gone from looking like a one season wonder before the Leicester game to Mr Ballon Do'r 2015, Theo has improved dramatically and long may it continue, imo our only issue now is that we need an equally good right winger to compliment what we have on the left, imagine the pace and counter attacks, ramsey could then be deployed next to Coq and rotated with Caz. Playing like we did just shows what we are capable of, if we played like that week in week out we would be top 2 in the league without at doubt come the end of the season, we would also give some of the bigger teams in the Cl a run for their money, the point is can we do that? Can Wenger motivate the players enough over the course of the season? It's easy done v Man Utd and I expect us to raise our game V Bayern (not saying we will win btw) but will we throw in a gash performance against the likes of Watford or Bournemouth through complacency here and there and drop enough points to be out of contention? Time will tell. Credit to all for yesterday though.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16