29/09/15 | Arsenal 2-3 Olympiacos | Champions League

Re: 29/09/15 | Arsenal vs Olympiacos | Champions League

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Witty Futty wrote:I don't think we played that bad against Olympiacos. We had like 8 shots on goals and scored 2 goals, they had 4 shots, and scored 3 goals. This means, they were lucky. There is a big chance of not qualifying to the next round in Champions League now, but in the end, this might prove useful.

RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby redordead » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 am

This is a quote anout the prospect of europa league"The prospect then looms of Europa League football. UEFA rules state: “The third-placed finishers in every group enter the UEFA Europa League round of 32.”

On the one hand it’s hard not to look down your nose a bit at the competition itself. It’s fair to say that FK Krasnodar, Slovan Liberec, Skenderbeu Korce, Belenenses, and Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk aren’t exactly the cream of the European crop, but isn’t there also an element of us getting exactly what we deserve? Do we have any right to be dismissive of a competition we actually have a better chance of winning, having fallen out of one that we clearly don’t?"this so fu@&ing true
I set myself some very low standards in which i fail to achieve
redordead
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:44 am

I don't think we're in the position to look down on the EL; we hardly have the pedigree of Madrid or Munich - our European history is laughably shit.

If we're getting beat by the likes of Zagreb and Olympiakos at home the EL is our level, we've proven time and again we can't hang with the big boys (or even Monaco) when we reach the knockout stages of the CL.

We're just there to make up the numbers, we get dispatched in the round of 16 season after season. Zzzzzz.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I don't think we're in the position to look down on the EL; we hardly have the pedigree of Madrid or Munich - our European history is laughably shit.

If we're getting beat by the likes of Zagreb and Olympiakos at home the EL is our level, we've proven time and again we can't hang with the big boys (or even Monaco) when we reach the knockout stages of the CL.

We're just there to make up the numbers, we get dispatched in the round of 16 season after season. Zzzzzz.

:goal1:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Git » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:07 am

Git wrote:Moving house on Tuesday so very much doubt I'll have any access to this game.

Should be an easy win.

You're welcome everyone.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Denis_E » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Angelito wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:I don't think we're in the position to look down on the EL; we hardly have the pedigree of Madrid or Munich - our European history is laughably shit.

:goal1:

That's how pathetic they've made our club though when you think about it

We're easily in that top 8 of european elites in terms of infrastructure and resources, and yet when it comes to football pedigree we fall into the second f***ing tier and like you said get beat by second and third tier teams at home and just brush it off... :arsenal3:
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16