29/09/15 | Arsenal 2-3 Olympiacos | Champions League

Re: 29/09/15 | Arsenal vs Olympiacos | Champions League

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Arsenal hopeful Francis Coquelin will return for Champions League clash with Olympiakos

Arsenal are hopeful Francis Coquelin will return from a knee injury for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Olympiakos, but there is concern over Mathieu Flamini after he picked up a hamstring problem.

Coquelin was ruled out of the Gunners' 5-2 victory at Leicester on Saturday while Flamini, who starred in their Capital One Cup win over Tottenham last week, was substituted after after 21 minutes at the King Power Stadium.

Manager Arsene Wenger said: "Coquelin could be available for Tuesday - he is the only one that could come back in.

"Today we lost Mathieu Flamini - it's his hamstring - but Gabriel is not suspended."

Ahead of Arsenal's win in the Midlands, which lifted them to fourth in the Premier League, Wenger said of Coquelin: "He is progressing well.

"He had a scan on Thursday and the evolution is quite positive. He might start practice tomorrow.

"He has a little chance for Tuesday, and a bigger chance for Manchester United. It is very difficult to be definite today."

Arsenal are still without midfielder Jack Wilshere, who has had an operation on a hairline fracture in his left fibula, while forward Danny Welbeck and Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky are also both still sidelined with knee injuries.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... olympiakos
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby BengaliGunner » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:46 pm

After Monaco we can't take home games for granted.
BengaliGunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Angelito wrote:Giroud is suspended lads?

Right. That's bad, I think this match could have been good for him.

Walcott then.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Play Joel. He knows them inside out
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:57 pm

we've lost this already tbh
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:12 pm

A must win match here. we fail to win and we are almost out of the group stages
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Slint » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:23 pm

gooney wrote:A must win match here. we fail to win and we are almost out of the group stages

Good. I rather exit in the group stage than on the 1st round against the next european champion or some mediocre side.
4th place would be even better, that way we would only play once a week. Liverpool in 13/14, managed to fight for the league for so long due to the fact they only played once a week.
Slint
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:26 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:People still suggest to drop Ramsey for Hollywood Ox this forum is always good for a surprise ..

Why do you prefer Ramsey over Ox? Ramsey lately is just a Duracell bunny, runs all game but doesn't achieve much.

I hope Cripps and Slint enjoy their film.

Same 11 as always, Gabriel back in.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Ox has been crap last couple of apps, giving the ball away, weak end product, I hate that welsh prick but he does a better job atm. Both give it away sloppily but even I prefer Ramsey out there to Ox in poor form, Ox from the comm shield would start every day.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Slint wrote:
gooney wrote:A must win match here. we fail to win and we are almost out of the group stages

Good. I rather exit in the group stage than on the 1st round against the next european champion or some mediocre side.
4th place would be even better, that way we would only play once a week. Liverpool in 13/14, managed to fight for the league for so long due to the fact they only played once a week.

which means it will be 3 english teams in the CL.....we are fighting for our future CL participation here
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:18 pm

gooney wrote:
Slint wrote:

which means it will be 3 english teams in the CL.....we are fighting for our future CL participation here

TBF, that'd be the only way to get Wenger and the board to spend and make us truly competitive.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby Gooner861 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:17 am

Slint wrote:I will also going to the cinema, but i will only miss the last 20/25 minutes or so. Hopefully by then we got the game figured it out.
I would rotate the entire line up, because saturday is the big one and i don't really care about the champions league. I do want to win, but if we lose or draw i won't be mad.

This. We've more chance of winning the BPL than the UCL. I'd prefer to win our first ever UCL but we all know how inept we are in it.
Gooner861
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby realtalk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:People still suggest to drop Ramsey for Hollywood Ox this forum is always good for a surprise ..

Why do you prefer Ramsey over Ox? Ramsey lately is just a Duracell bunny, runs all game but doesn't achieve much.

I hope Cripps and Slint enjoy their film.

Same 11 as always, Gabriel back in.

Without ramsey,alexis,walcott wenger formation falls apart. He's moved every cm/am out wide to play this shitty formation of 1000 mids. Its only worked with rambo wide. Neither santi,ozil,jack,rosi have legs to track back,press ,link up with ozil and still attack. After shuffling everyone rambos only one that can do it all. On top of santi's legs going. he cant link up with ozil well.This team selection is only way to play wengerball.

The minute you take out rambo or alexis out. The pressing from the front is gone. And if you dont play walcott all it becomes is a congested middle clusterfuck. Overall its shite formation.Playing to no one strengths.Once you play a diamond its done for. Its the only way wenger can get his shite formation to work. Thats why ox dont start.Bullshit wengerball obsession. This is how he will get jack into the team as well just swap him out with santi. Unfortunately players are just getting ruined playing it. I rather just see the team that played lyon.Just with sanchez & theo uptop. I have no interest in this midfielder out wide garbage.Just a waste and unbalanced rubbish.

Manure game much more important than this.All our matches are lost on poor team selection majority of the time.So who knows what happens at olympiakos.
Last edited by realtalk on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Arsenal won by starting Giroud on the bench - AGAIN.

So, Arsene will start with Giroud.

Wenger is COMPLETELY incapable of accepting that a front line without Giroud is more effective than a front line WITH Giroud. :angry: :angry: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cripps » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 pm

greengoonerie wrote:Arsenal won by starting Giroud on the bench - AGAIN.

So, Arsene will start with Giroud.

Wenger is COMPLETELY incapable of accepting that a front line without Giroud is more effective than a front line WITH Giroud. :angry: :angry: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I guarantee you Giroud will not start
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2015-16