Round of 16

Talk about UEFA Euro 2016 France™ in here. Enter the sweepstakes now!

Re: Round of 16

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 pm

Sims wrote:https://streamable.com/d6oy

Harry Lame.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Glad we got knocked out in a way. These entitled footballers said they were too tired to visit a Somme memorial. Now they're knocked out before they could even go there. Beautiful.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:33 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:the guy i posted the stats of isn't even a deep lying midfielder in any aspect of the role

I kNow from which player these stats are.

So why say what you said? Neither Wilshere or that player specifically play the 'late pirlo' role for their clubs n still don't score many. One of them has actually been able to forge a proper career so far and people call him world class, the other is slated on his play just cos he can't stay fit.

I was talking about the Alli vs Wilshere goals comparsion that you lot tried to deny with the position claim while in fact Wilshere also didn't do f**k all compared to Alli in that regard as he played more forward.

Dele Alli waving goodbye to his career, in the face of Wilshere's brilliance
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby TOP » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 am

Sims wrote:
TOP wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
TOP wrote:you just said you didn't think wilshere was good enough to play central

who said that?

sims
Always wanted him RW

Do want him RW simply because he isn't gonna be a pure central midfielder like he should be in our side and we need creativity out wide

You rate Xhaka and wishlisted Kante pretty evident you don't think Wilshere should be in CM. Why do I get the feeling you like the player and desperately want to put him somewhere even though deep down you know he's trash.
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

4 goals 1 assist in 7 games on the right wing

me and zenith have talked about it before, it makes perfect sense for him to play there
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby OptimusPrimett » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:14 am

Sims wrote:i would like to ask optimusprimett whether he thinks this player who would fit in the same role as Jack is a good player:

(apps then goals)

cripps dont spoil it

Iniesta has won a world cup, 8 leagues and 4 champions leagues. Jack does not always start for f*cking England when fit.

Find it hard to believe people are defending Jack Wilshere. Has played 150+ games for Ars and 34 times for England, in the time since like 2010 or whatever he has literally shown nothing.
He could have developed into wonderful player had he stayed fit, but alas, that will never happen. He is not a deep lying play maker and will never come good there. He may possibly still have the potential to develop into something like Oscar's current level, given a starting CAM role, but really, I think it is more hope than expectation at this point. Realistically we are looking at a Lallana tier player for the remainder of his career.

Another big injury and I think he should just call it a day tbh, before he gets something that could be debilitating for the rest of his life.

The comparison with Dele Alli is a weird one I guess, but you were talking sh*t! really he is one of greatest prospects in world football, I think he will go on to become a prime Michael Ballack kind of player.
OptimusPrimett
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am

Sims wrote:4 goals 1 assist in 7 games on the right wing

me and zenith have talked about it before, it makes perfect sense for him to play there

No, it doesn't. There is an arguement for him on right wing but it doesn't make perfect sense. First you're taking away Alexis' on form position. Second your attack is narrow, which is already a problem for us. Third if you start with Cazorla, and we should be starting with Cazorla, Jack becomes redundant and your scoring depends on Giroud and Alexis, again that's also a problem even without Jack on RW. So Jack doesn't bring anything new or solve anything.

Only ways Jack works on RW are Ramsey scores like that fluke season of his, and even then Cazorla should take the RW as he's better player than Jack, or Jack's 4 goals 1 assist in 7 becomes 16 goals and 4 assists on 28 but it doesn't work like that and you're fool if you count on him playing 28 games anyway.

We need a new winger.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:11 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Sims wrote:4 goals 1 assist in 7 games on the right wing

No, it doesn't. There is an arguement for him on right wing but it doesn't make perfect sense. First you're taking away Alexis' on form position. Second your attack is narrow, which is already a problem for us. Third if you start with Cazorla, and we should be starting with Cazorla, Jack becomes redundant and your scoring depends on Giroud and Alexis, again that's also a problem even without Jack on RW. So Jack doesn't bring anything new or solve anything.

Only ways Jack works on RW are Ramsey scores like that fluke season of his, and even then Cazorla should take the RW as he's better player than Jack, or Jack's 4 goals 1 assist in 7 becomes 16 goals and 4 assists on 28 but it doesn't work like that and you're fool if you count on him playing 28 games anyway.

We need a new winger.

The truth has been spoken

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:21 pm

It's cute how people still think Alexis will start as a right winger and think that Santi isn't physically shot and lost his burst of acceleration a year ago
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:38 pm

Sims wrote:It's cute how people still think Alexis will start as a right winger and think that Santi isn't physically shot and lost his burst of acceleration a year ago

Funny you use the words of physically shot and still advocate Jack Wilshere. Jack would have been shot if he was a horse.

To be honest I don't mind Alexis on the left but he has something going on on the right and he shouldn't make way for Wilshere. Buy the best winger you can and assign Alexis to the other wing.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BS221B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Cazorla is still good enough to most teams in the world. im sure he'd walk in Atletico Madrid starting XI.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Sims wrote:It's cute how people still think Alexis will start as a right winger and think that Santi isn't physically shot and lost his burst of acceleration a year ago

Funny you use the words of physically shot and still advocate Jack Wilshere. Jack would have been shot if he was a horse.

To be honest I don't mind Alexis on the left but he has something going on on the right and he shouldn't make way for Wilshere. Buy the best winger you can and assign Alexis to the other wing.

Jack is still physically fine, he's still relatively strong in comparison to his stature and still has his burst of acceleration

And I would prefer us to bring in a great winger, but now Miki's gone to United I can't see it and I'd rather have Wilshere over Götze or someone like that
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Sims wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:

Jack is still physically fine, he's still relatively strong in comparison to his stature and still has his burst of acceleration

And I would prefer us to bring in a great winger, but now Miki's gone to United I can't see it and I'd rather have Wilshere over Götze or someone like that

He played super conservative in the euros, did see a bit of acceleration in friendly games but does he have confidence in his body anymore I don't know.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby RW_0 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:25 pm

OptimusPrimett wrote:
Sims wrote:i would like to ask optimusprimett whether he thinks this player who would fit in the same role as Jack is a good player:

(apps then goals)

cripps dont spoil it

Iniesta has won a world cup, 8 leagues and 4 champions leagues. Jack does not always start for f*cking England when fit.

Find it hard to believe people are defending Jack Wilshere. Has played 150+ games for Ars and 34 times for England, in the time since like 2010 or whatever he has literally shown nothing.
He could have developed into wonderful player had he stayed fit, but alas, that will never happen. He is not a deep lying play maker and will never come good there. He may possibly still have the potential to develop into something like Oscar's current level, given a starting CAM role, but really, I think it is more hope than expectation at this point. Realistically we are looking at a Lallana tier player for the remainder of his career.

Another big injury and I think he should just call it a day tbh, before he gets something that could be debilitating for the rest of his life.

The comparison with Dele Alli is a weird one I guess, but you were talking sh*t! really he is one of greatest prospects in world football, I think he will go on to become a prime Michael Ballack kind of player.

Wilsh is 24 and we still don't know where to play him.

He's nowhere near as good as Ozil so #10 is outta the question unless he's willing to play the 5-6 minutes substitute backup role , his body can't hold up to the DLP position with all the tackles thrown around, tracking back etc, and he's too slow and doesn't help out much in defence to play on the wings.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:14 pm

isaisdso wrote:Cazorla is still good enough to most teams in the world. im sure he'd walk in Atletico Madrid starting XI.

Still walks into our starting XI, especially since Atletico are better.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2016