Semi-final 2 (GER 2-0 FRA)

Talk about UEFA Euro 2016 France™ in here. Enter the sweepstakes now!

Re: Semi-final 2 (GER - FRA)

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Their top goalscorer was Mario Gomez with two ffs

When you miss Mario Gomez you know you're f***ing terrible up front
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:15 pm

aniym wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So Giroud's performance in the last game becomes irrelevant for the argument cos it is rule to overlook anything good done by him but bash him every time he misses an opportunity. Everyone knows he is not top quality but far more heavily rated Strikers have had a stinker this Euros. Actually it is getting tiresome to see the narrative go on irrespective of what Giroud does.

His last game was against Iceland. Let's not overrate them because they beat England, by far the worst 'big' team of the last 50 years.

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk

As i said every good performance from Giroud is underplayed and every miss is exaggerated. Nobody is overrating him. He is a good option to have for us may not be as a regular starter but as someone we can rotate or use as a backup. He is not top quality and i don't see anyone claiming he deserves to be a regular starter for us. The problem is perspective. Giroud is definitely no where near as bad as some would like project him to be. He did not have a great season for us last year but so can be said for a lot of our players last season. We need a top draw striker and if Wenger is not buying one, Giroud shouldn't be slaughtered for that.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Why are people going on about Germany's lack of goalscorers?

The only attacker they are missing from the World Cup is Klose and he was a sub who scored one goal in the 7-1 rout against Brazil.

It wasn't a problem then.

Klose was instrumental in freeing up Muller who scored plenty.

Likewise, Gomez, while not that great, was instrumental in freeing up Muller and creating more opportunities for the Germans. It is no surprise that Germany has looked much better in games with Gomez as opposed to without him.

Muller is not at his best when he is the focal striker. He thrives behind a true #9.

It didnt help that Muller forgot to score in this tournament either.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
aniym wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:So Giroud's performance in the last game becomes irrelevant for the argument cos it is rule to overlook anything good done by him but bash him every time he misses an opportunity. Everyone knows he is not top quality but far more heavily rated Strikers have had a stinker this Euros. Actually it is getting tiresome to see the narrative go on irrespective of what Giroud does.

His last game was against Iceland. Let's not overrate them because they beat England, by far the worst 'big' team of the last 50 years.

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk

As i said every good performance from Giroud is underplayed and every miss is exaggerated. Nobody is overrating him. He is a good option to have for us may not be as a regular starter but as someone we can rotate or use as a backup. He is not top quality and i don't see anyone claiming he deserves to be a regular starter for us. The problem is perspective. Giroud is definitely no where near as bad as some would like project him to be. He did not have a great season for us last year but so can be said for a lot of our players last season. We need a top draw striker and if Wenger is not buying one, Giroud shouldn't be slaughtered for that.

What's funny is how few strikers there are that are better than him
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Re: Semi-final 2 (GER 2-0 FRA)

Postby gooney » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:20 pm

From start I wanted France to win simply because of Koscileny. Great player and great man. the bad thing with this is Giroud will also win. I never want that c*** to win anything
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:22 pm

gooney wrote:From start I wanted France to win simply because of Koscileny. Great player and great man. the bad thing with this is Giroud will also win. I never want that c*** to win anything

was like a true leader tonight, him and umtiti were phenomenal; also shows he can fit in at RCB comfortably

what a man, and i'm glad he'll be our captain next season
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby KG3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Sims wrote:
gooney wrote:From start I wanted France to win simply because of Koscileny. Great player and great man. the bad thing with this is Giroud will also win. I never want that c*** to win anything

was like a true leader tonight, him and umtiti were phenomenal; also shows he can fit in at RCB comfortably

what a man, and i'm glad he'll be our captain next season

As far as I'm aware Mertesacker and Cazorla are still Arsenal players.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 pm

both aren't guaranteed starters, koscielny is and even had the armband over Cazorla last season when they both started at the end of the season
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Dejan wrote:Did ozil touch the ball today?

big game bottler.

Plenty of times.

And I guess the game against Italy was not big.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TOP » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:34 pm

well muller is a shit lone striker, flop of the tournament

neuer rofl atleast he gave a chest pass 30 meters in front of his goal his fanboys will like that

glad france went through
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TOP » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Such a shame Wenger went with the brits instead of his usual frenchies. Instead of Walcott, Wilshere, Ox and the other crap we could've had Griezmann, Pogba, etc.
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Kos falling for that by Ozil. Cmon Kos! You have seen him plenty during practice! :arse flag.gif:

Muller smh... staying offside or he would have been through with the ball. He had a dreadful Euro.

Last edited by Mike Dean on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Giroud whispering into Ozil's ear, "Don't worry, I'll be CF next season too"
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Monsieur Thierry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Mike Dean wrote:

big game bottler.

Plenty of times.

What did he do towards the the end of the season in the big games for Arsenal? f**k all. Overrated player
Monsieur Thierry
Michael Thomas

Postby Cripps » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Monsieur Thierry wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:

big game bottler.

Plenty of times.

What did he do towards the the end of the season in the big games for Arsenal? f**k all. Overrated player

Not sure if serious.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2016