Group E (BEL, ITA, IRE, SWE)

Talk about UEFA Euro 2016 France™ in here. Enter the sweepstakes now!

Which countries will advance directly to the knockout phase? (first two)

Poll ended at Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Belgium
52%
Italy
39%
Republic of Ireland
6%
Sweden
3%

Total votes : 33

Re: Group E (BEL, ITA, IRE, SWE)

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Cripps wrote:Any chance we can start up the Scotland independence thing again?

Get rid.

They want to be in Europe and will probably go for another referendum if we vote leave.

Same with Ireland and Wales iirc.

England out basically.

If we leave the EU I hope Scotland gets its independence, that way I can bag my Scottish passport and remain an EU citizen.

This decision is being made by the United Kingdom as a whole. Scotland had their chance at independence, now it's the rest of the UK's turn. And Cameron is not going to allow Scotland to have a do-over if we vote to leave.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Anyway, was so embarressed by the 2nd half on the weekend, even on the 75th minute i said these guys did us proud with these two performances.

Tonight was probably the best match I seen in the Euros period.

How Keogh is playing in the championship is beyond me, dunno how he got dropped because in qualifying he was arguably our best player. MOTM performance tonight. Hoolahan was quality and made the difference, Brady as always well on his way to being an Ireland and PL legend.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:
Cripps wrote:0-0 in both games at half time

Ireland are so boring

Can you say that again?

Ok

0-0 in both games at half time

Ireland are so boring

I cheated. I copied and pasted it
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:
Cripps wrote:Goodbye Zlatan.

Just won't be the same without you.

Having to carry 10 absolute shite players can only be done by players at GOAT level and Zlatan, you're awesome but you're not GOAT

wtf are you talking about zlatan in this thread at this time for. just seen the best game of the euros.

Cos he plays for Sweden and they are part of the group. It's the match I watched.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Cripps wrote:
AAIRE99 wrote:
Cripps wrote:0-0 in both games at half time

Ireland are so boring

Can you say that again?

Ok

0-0 in both games at half time

Ireland are so boring

I cheated. I copied and pasted it

We were outstanding, hopping off them for 90 minutes with our striker Long who apparently isnt worth 12 million yet Klopp is after him for 30 now.
Give us some more lol comments mate ;)
Give credit where its due, best game of the euros and maybe the best performance in a single game by any team.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Hungary and Portugal comfortably best game.

Croatia v Spain also up there.

Wales v Russia best performance.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

actually missed the portugal game, come on man russia are f***ing terrible.
italy have been the best team in the competition until now
nothing on the line in croatia spain, cant compare

still no credit given? alluded to it being the third best game thats it really?
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Nothing on the line in the Croatia v Spain game?

Tell that to them now that Croatia are in the piss easy side of the draw.

Italy couldn't give a shit about this game. They just played cos they had to. They didn't want to get injured hence Ireland dominated. If Italy cared, comfortable 3-0 minimum.

Well done to the Irish though. Lucky enough to face a side who didn't care and did the job.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Cripps wrote:Nothing on the line in the Croatia v Spain game?

Italy couldn't give a shit about this game. They just played cos they had to. They didn't want to get injured hence Ireland dominated. If Italy cared, comfortable 3-0 minimum.

Well done to the Irish though. Lucky enough to face a side who didn't care and did the job.

like when we beat germany, this is bad irish team, your a tool.
that team would probably have beaten england and were desperately trying to score.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Get rid.

They want to be in Europe and will probably go for another referendum if we vote leave.

England out basically.

If we leave the EU I hope Scotland gets its independence, that way I can bag my Scottish passport and remain an EU citizen.
This decision is being made by the United Kingdom as a whole. Scotland had their chance at independence, now it's the rest of the UK's turn. And Cameron is not going to allow Scotland to have a do-over if we vote to leave.

Cameron will be gone if we Leave, and when the government becomes even more right-wing with Johnson, IDS and Gove at the helm then I'm sure the desire for independence will rise in Scotland again. If that's the case and they've been taken out of the EU against their will, there will be a second referendum once the SNP know they can win it.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm

great win for the irish, but lets not make it any bigger than it is. italy certainly weren't the best team in the euros lol, and with both sides at 100% italy would obviously have been much better! enough to win? who knows. who cares!
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 pm

Callum wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Get rid.

England out basically.

Cameron will be gone if we Leave, and when the government becomes even more right-wing with Johnson, IDS and Gove at the helm then I'm sure the desire for independence will rise in Scotland again. If that's the case and they've been taken out of the EU against their will, there will be a second referendum once the SNP know they can win it.

But it won't be legal as there was a temporary transfer of power from Westminster to allow the SNP to hold a referendum last time. Boris won't be silly enough to copy Cameron and leave the nation in the hands of the scots again.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:
Cripps wrote:Nothing on the line in the Croatia v Spain game?

like when we beat germany, this is bad irish team, your a tool.
that team would probably have beaten england and were desperately trying to score.

Even Buffon who plays every game decided to take the night off.

Enjoy the lucky win. You're through. Well done.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:00 pm

Scenes when Ireland nick something and we get knocked out by Iceland, while Wales go through and eventually win the Euros with a Bale free kick
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Massa wrote:great win for the irish, but lets not make it any bigger than it is. italy certainly weren't the best team in the euros lol, and with both sides at 100% italy would obviously have been much better! enough to win? who knows. who cares!

They had essentially their first choice defence out there, had every forward in their squad bar pelle out there for the last 15/10 minutes even before we scored. They were proper up for this game trust me.

Up until now were they not being talked about in that regard? you could only really mention Spain and Croatia as being potentially better than them.

We should have won the game 3 - 0, did you see how bad the ref was? Italy couldnt get out of there own half.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Euro 2016