POST MATCH: 17/05/15 | Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal |EPL

Re: POST MATCH: 17/05/15 | Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal |EPL

Postby Zedie » Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

ThugLife wrote:Surprised not more people are making more of the impact that Coq playing poorly had on the game, especially the first half.

No one gives a shit.

If Giroud was Aguero, we would have won this game. No thought about just how poor the whole team were that first half. We looked like we had played a game yesterday ffs.

Cazorla
Coq
Rambo
Alexis
Ozil
Giroud

All had stinkers tbf.

Cazorla especially, i dont even want to see the stats for incomplete passes. It was almost like he thought he was playing for MU. That first half was so poor. MU didnt even need to press that hard to have us on the ropes going forward.

All of the above seemed to conform to their stereo types:

Ozil pussying out of any sort of challenge or shooting opportunity
Coq playing like a Charlton player
Alexis headless chicken
Giroud lamposting

Second half was much better, the subs (10 mins too late imo) were needed and made a big difference, but on balance, we dominated MU and had some hard earned chances.

The Sunderland game needs to see some changes.

All in all, im pretty happy knowing that Man U fans feel like they just lost the game and that theyve probably lost the chance at 3rd after a straightforward season for them.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

ThugLife wrote:Surprised not more people are making more of the impact that Coq playing poorly had on the game, especially the first half.

He had to spend all his time fighting a 6'4 dude whilst he's 5'10.And get into defnsive positions all game.Whilst the other two midfielders who knows where they were.

Dont know what top level match you see a DM dictate a match with his creatuve passing. You people think he's somekind on industructable that runs around all game doing everything. This aint a computer game its real life stuff as fatigue exist.

Have you even seen the record at old trafford?? Talking about the dm doing all these fake things his stamina wont even allow him to do due to opposition quality.Smh
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 17, 2015 5:47 pm

I still think we did a pretty good job handling Fellaini. Bellerin was destroyed by Young though
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun May 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Ramsey plays CM - and he plays well. Theo comes on and we look dangerous. Jesus Christ, it's so f'kin obvious. Why does Wenger have to over-complicate everything? Just f**k off already.

Mesüt wrote:stop with the square pegs you f***ing utter french cùnt

either ramsey or cazorla play cm, they can't both play in the same formation. theo was dogshit but he still made a difference because he has pace and is ACTUALLY A WINGER.

Wenger makes me sound like a prick moaning all game at the pub but these things are just so obvious, ramsey is dogshit on the wing, he always has been (inb4 omg napoli cl game), giroud just isn't good enough and ozil/sanchez can be subbed because they always go missing in big games.

I agree. Wenger can sub Ozil/Alexis as well, although I'm more in favor of subbing Alexis because when he's bad, he's really bad. Like today.

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:Ramsey should start in the centre, Theo out on right with Santi on the bench........why cant Arse-en see this?

What do you expect? It's Wenger after all.

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Giroud up top.

One of Cazorla or Ozil play in the hole.

Sanchez or Ox on the left.

Theo or Ox on the right.

Coquelin as DM

One of Wilshere or Ramsey alongside Coquelin.

This, pretty much. But we desperately need a striker better than Giroud. He's hopeless when our midfielders aren't performing.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schlandi » Sun May 17, 2015 6:01 pm

Angelito wrote:Ramsey plays CM - and he plays well. Theo comes on and we look dangerous. Jesus Christ, it's so f'kin obvious. Why does Wenger have to over-complicate everything? Just f**k off already

To quote the stuff Goonersworld said about another winger who often came on and scored.
"Theo was just lucky that the opposite side was already exhausted" :rolleyes:

Yeah I know sounds stupid but that was said about Podolski regulary just want to mention the double standards here again.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Ramsey plays CM - and he plays well. Theo comes on and we look dangerous. Jesus Christ, it's so f'kin obvious. Why does Wenger have to over-complicate everything? Just f**k off already

To quote the stuff Goonersworld said about another winger who often came on and scored.

Yeah I know sounds stupid but that was said about Podolski regulary just want to mention the double standards here again.

Crucial big game goals Theo has scored versus Podolski?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun May 17, 2015 6:06 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:

I know. The double standard is always present here when it comes to certain players.

We need direct attackers and goal scorers. We have a striker whose main strength isn't scoring goals. We had Podolski, but Wenger doesn't like goalscorers. We have Theo, but...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun May 17, 2015 6:07 pm

someone please make a gif of phil jones and gomis celebration side by side....would be f***ing hilarious :D
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sun May 17, 2015 6:12 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:

Dig in the archives here I posted so many stats about it Podolski played much much less games against the big teams caused by injury or because some LB got an red card early and he got subbed off or just cause of AW.

But from memory FA-Cup last season vs Liverpool come to my mind.
Also nice distraction move to call it "crucial big game".

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun May 17, 2015 6:13 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:

Dig in the archives here I posted so many stats about it Podolski played much much less games against the big teams caused by injury or because some LB got an red card early and he got subbed off or just cause of AW.

But from memory FA-Cup last season vs Liverpool come to my mind.
Also nice distraction move to call it "crucial big game".

I liked Podolski, Wenger's refusal to play him was always baffling to me too. Still think Walcott is a much bigger big game player, as Podolski can look listless at times

Also, I didn't include this game.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby addict » Sun May 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Ramsey is class. That's all I have to say about this game.

Ramsey and Alexis can stay, the rest can f*ck off.
At this rate we will need Villa to perform poorly to win the FA cup.
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: POST MATCH: 17/05/15 | Man Utd vs Arsenal |EPL

Postby addict » Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Cripps wrote:Horrific performance .Ozil ran the show.

:rofll: you know the game don't you.
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Walcott14 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:20 pm

We played bad at OT, but we got result this time!

Other times we lost when we played well :(

No point witch hunting today. We were bad as team.
The fact that we do this witch hunt of players makes you wonder why we consider people who lived during that age of witch hunting stupid. Think many of us will be at home there :)
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Big17 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Seemed like a typical end of season game in the first half. We looked lethargic and a side that didn't have a game plan which is why we resulted in long balls.

Although he was isolated, I feel if we had Welbeck upfront today we would of seen more opportunities. At times today balls were played down the channels or in behind but Giroud lacked the pace to get to them and Jones/Smalling were having a field day.

Played better in the second half and by the end of the 90 minutes I felt we could of taken all three points! Giroud definitely should of got a penalty, I don't know how the ref managed to miss the fact Smalling almost had his f***ing top off - What the f**k was all that about!? We had decent chances in the last 20 but one the Walcott chance was taken.

Happy with the point though and it looks like third is going to be ours. Get the Sunderland game out the way then rest some players against West Brom for the cup final.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goonerz » Sun May 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Cazorla was very poor today that it made the whole midfield hollow, United were just running through us in the first half...

But people forget he is not a CM, he has played nearly every match this season for 90 minutes. I think it is taking a toll on him, he is a small technical player fighting, tackling and doing some hard defending game in game out which is a new thing to him..

Let's see Ozil play just one game as a CM, then we will see if the same people will be calling him a shiit bench player.. Ozil when played on the wing makes everyone gets emotional.

To me it's either Cazorla or Ozil, not both of them in the same team.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15