POST-MATCH|11/05/15|Arsenal 0-1 Swansea|EPL

Re: POST-MATCH|11/05/15|Arsenal 0-1 Swansea|EPL

Postby VCC » Tue May 12, 2015 7:51 am

Losmeister wrote:as I have said in other posts the way to break down the tactics employed by the opposition is to move the ball quickly long passes to our quick players running into space or off Giroud

and i am sure your managerial resume reflects the manifest success of your opinion on world class level. is there a POV of Mou giving you a hummmer?

i dont need one
logic tells me the slower you move the ball up the pitch the more opposition players can get behind the ball
the more players behind the ball the less space behind the defenders
less space equates to less room so less space means it negates our pace
no more tippy tappy comprende
football for dummies I am sending AW a copy
i am sorry i missed YOUR hummer parked up your ass
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Tue May 12, 2015 9:31 am

VCC wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Wenger looses 1 game in what? 13 matches and already people want him to go. Because swansea get lucky and we mess up?

the only thing we learned today is we badly need another striker.

I find it incredible that people blame any striker in the situation that was.....................................................as I have said in other posts the way to break down the tactics employed by the opposition is to move the ball quickly long passes to our quick players running into space or off Giroud that comes down to our lack of any game plan other than the same one we have had for ten years

Giroud was having an off day. i feel we need someone else who is powerful to break through opposition aho sit back so deep. I'm getting more inclined to want someone like Benteke. who is decent all round and has immense strength to bully defenders.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Tue May 12, 2015 9:43 am

elkanofan wrote:
VCC wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Wenger looses 1 game in what? 13 matches and already people want him to go. Because swansea get lucky and we mess up?

I find it incredible that people blame any striker in the situation that was.....................................................as I have said in other posts the way to break down the tactics employed by the opposition is to move the ball quickly long passes to our quick players running into space or off Giroud that comes down to our lack of any game plan other than the same one we have had for ten years

Giroud was having an off day. i feel we need someone else who is powerful to break through opposition aho sit back so deep. I'm getting more inclined to want someone like Benteke. who is decent all round and has immense strength to bully defenders.

agreed we don't quite hit the heights of a strong striker................................but cast your mind back to Henry back further to wright and smith we moved the ball faster we didn't pas it back and fourth....................................we don't use our pace we havnt since Henry left and we played a vastly different game when he was there.................................giroud is slow but he can be used as a target man something we don't do.............................I think if we played more direct we would boss teams.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Tue May 12, 2015 10:26 am

VCC wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
VCC wrote:

agreed we don't quite hit the heights of a strong striker................................but cast your mind back to Henry back further to wright and smith we moved the ball faster we didn't pas it back and fourth....................................we don't use our pace we havnt since Henry left and we played a vastly different game when he was there.................................giroud is slow but he can be used as a target man something we don't do.............................I think if we played more direct we would boss teams.

We can play direct with the personnel we have, we just needed to stick Walcott on for Ramsey and get him running at them down the wing!

Even the tippy tappy game we played should of worked anyway if we where more alert. If we played like this every week i'd be concerned, but we have been much more clinical in recent weeks. I believe today we let ourselves down and weren't sharp enough, I spoke about how casual the warmup was and how Swansea's warmup seems more intense and they seemed very motivated to win to try and sneak into Europe ahead of Spurs.

This loss at the end of the day was a robbery. Swansea got lucky! These things happen:

It's happened twice to Barca this season! Although as you could see Celta actually played a pressure game with a high line and this meant Barca where forced to play in an exceptional way and they where unlucky not to score, Celta took advantage of Barca's missed chances and stole it with the assist of the season!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 am

It's not a robbery when it happens more often than not. It's especially not robbery when the manager makes abysmal changes. It's definitely not a robbery for a manager who's failed to win the League for over a decade now.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby realtalk » Tue May 12, 2015 12:11 pm

This guys midfielder square football fetish is the reason we wont win the league ever. You need forwards to win the league period. This guy rather play midfielders all over the pitch if he could and wasn't suspect behaviour.

This clown will forever put his agenda over team balance. The day we moved to this square fetish we stop challenging. IF young Thierry henry was free wenger would not purchase him. Even if he was offered. first choice.
Last edited by realtalk on Tue May 12, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 12, 2015 12:34 pm

I swear some of us fans are so fickle. We played like we normally do, and have all season. The difference was we hit literally every shot right at Fabs, if those were a foot or two left or right we could've had 3 or 4 goals, at least two. So we would have won 2-1 maybe, and everyone would be talking about how we're going to get 2nd and challenge for the title next year. But since we lost it's all doom and gloom and Wenger out, can't peeps just stick with one side or the other, jeez!! We play the same way nearly every damn game, and the only real difference is how the other team plays us. I swear some of you go from "yay we're going to win the league next year" to "f**k this team and wenger we suck and need 5 new players" within a week, it's so comical!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Cripps » Tue May 12, 2015 12:50 pm

StLGooner wrote:I swear some of us fans are so fickle. We played like we normally do, and have all season. The difference was we hit literally every shot right at Fabs, if those were a foot or two left or right we could've had 3 or 4 goals, at least two. So we would have won 2-1 maybe, and everyone would be talking about how we're going to get 2nd and challenge for the title next year. But since we lost it's all doom and gloom and Wenger out, can't peeps just stick with one side or the other, jeez!! We play the same way nearly every damn game, and the only real difference is how the other team plays us. I swear some of you go from "yay we're going to win the league next year" to "f**k this team and wenger we suck and need 5 new players" within a week, it's so comical!!

Part of the problem.

The pass pass pass style is absolute crap and then we bring in Wilshere before Theo and I haven't seen Jack have a good game in ages for us and he's the epitome of the shit style we play
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby addict » Tue May 12, 2015 1:03 pm

realtalk wrote:This guys midfielder square football fetish is the reason we wont win the league ever. You need forwards to win the league period. This guy rather play midfielders all over the pitch if he could and wasn't suspect.

This clown will forever put his agenda over team balance. The day we moved to this square fetish we stop challenging. IF young Thierry henry was free wenger would not purchase him. Even if he was offered. first choice.

That "clown" you love to abuse with every post has achieved more in life than you can ever dream of accomplishing.
You have the right to criticise who you want, but you can show a little more respect while doing that.
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Tue May 12, 2015 1:03 pm

StLGooner wrote:I swear some of us fans are so fickle. We played like we normally do, and have all season. The difference was we hit literally every shot right at Fabs, if those were a foot or two left or right we could've had 3 or 4 goals, at least two. So we would have won 2-1 maybe, and everyone would be talking about how we're going to get 2nd and challenge for the title next year. But since we lost it's all doom and gloom and Wenger out, can't peeps just stick with one side or the other, jeez!! We play the same way nearly every damn game, and the only real difference is how the other team plays us. I swear some of you go from "yay we're going to win the league next year" to "f**k this team and wenger we suck and need 5 new players" within a week, it's so comical!!

Agreed. Our tactics have been and are always one dimensional. Some people can't hold an opinion for five minutes because they're too shallow to have one in the first place.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 12, 2015 1:31 pm

UFGN wrote:

Agreed. Our tactics have been and are always one dimensional. Some people can't hold an opinion for five minutes because they're too shallow to have one in the first place.

:dizzy: It's ridiculous. It's like the forum is full of emotional teenagers.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greengoonerie » Tue May 12, 2015 1:47 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

...you mean this isn't the One Direction Forum?????? oh dear :crybaby: :crybaby:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue May 12, 2015 2:20 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

... and many seem to be so player-centric or Wenger-centric, results don't seem to matter.

There's a certain type of player, a type of manager that troubles Wenger the most. And, stubborn Wenger - he never, EVER learns from his mistakes.

See him repeat them in the transfer window soon.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Angelito wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

... and many seem to be so player-centric or Wenger-centric, results don't seem to matter.

There's a certain type of player, a type of manager that troubles Wenger the most. And, stubborn Wenger - he never, EVER learns from his mistakes.

See him repeat them in the transfer window soon.

So very true sir!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arsebandit » Tue May 12, 2015 2:35 pm

StLGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Get lost you.
I'm telling my dad.
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15