POST MATCH: 11/04/15 | Burnley vs Arsenal | PL: 0-1

Re: POST MATCH: 11/04/15 | Burnley vs Arsenal | PL: 0-1

Postby Massa » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Herrera is alright but wouldn't get into our team.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:19 am

Smalling and Jones are rank average.

United have fluked their way through plenty of games. De Gea has saved their skin on innumerable occasions.

I am a critic of Ozil but he is thrice the player Herrera can ever dream to be.

Long ball to Fellaini has been the favorite mantra of LVG.

United are no match for the passing game and sheer quality of AFC. 8 wins on the trot does not happen by fluke. We played United out of the park in their backyard and some people have the cheek to suggest they are the most dominant midfield in the league lol.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby #ST » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:06 am

Win is a win. I just really don't get why he didn't use all 3 subs. I'd get not subbing when the team is playing so well you don't want to disrupt it but putting a Rosicky there with fresh legs would've surely made the win more comfortable.

Looking forward to how many healed up players will start against Reading. I'm hoping for a Diaby start so if his legs cave in we can sub him out without wasting 2 subs.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 am

The only players from United I'd want at Arsenal are Mata, de Gea, and Falcao.

di Maria, yeah - but...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:25 am

di maria is quality but ruined himself since he's been at utd, used to be one of my favourite players. wouldn't want mata anymore either, still good but he was much better at chelsea.d gea would get in but I still think he's massively overrated.

falcao
rooney
di maria

no thanks to anyone else.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am

AAIRE99 wrote:Guys face the reality we had 13 points from our first 11 games and i said we were unfortunate at the time, turned out to be true.

We gave you that 4 1 win over the pool.

Smalling in particular is a monster of a defender. Both these guys just need to stay fit thats all.
Arsenal even want Smalling? All thats wrong with Jones is hes a crock. Defenders develop late remember.
Smalling had Drogba in his pocket when he was 18 and Drogba was in his prime.

City have a great chance tomorrow too, the stats for City against Burnley were 75% possesion and 25 shots to 3 and they lost 2 - 1.
Tomorrow they will be playing a team who will actually actively try to score first, it plays into Citys hands.
Its a very tough game to call actually.

This pocket that smalling had drogba in at 18?
He didn't play against him until he was 20 in 09/10
For Fulham and in the space of 2 mins drogba scored and then smalling put thru his own goal
Or maybe you mean in 10/11 when stalling gave away a penalty that turned out to be the winner at chelsea
Or the reverse fixture when smalling came on for the last 2 mins of the game?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby sweggeh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:55 am

Mesüt wrote:di maria is quality but ruined himself since he's been at utd, used to be one of my favourite players. wouldn't want mata anymore either, still good but he was much better at chelsea.d gea would get in but I still think he's massively overrated.

falcao
rooney
di maria

Falcao :rofll:

I was with you until then but that just killed the post. Its gotten so bad for Falcao that he is actually worse than Altidore.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:55 am

lol
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 am

sweggeh wrote:
Mesüt wrote:di maria is quality but ruined himself since he's been at utd, used to be one of my favourite players. wouldn't want mata anymore either, still good but he was much better at chelsea.d gea would get in but I still think he's massively overrated.

falcao
rooney
di maria

I was with you until then but that just killed the post. Its gotten so bad for Falcao that he is actually worse than Altidore.

Yeah he's shit at Utd, still think he could do well elsewhere though. Last part of your post is clear hyperbole but no worries.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:11 am

Mesüt wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

falcao
rooney
di maria

Yeah he's shit at Utd, still think he could do well elsewhere though. Last part of your post is clear hyperbole but no worries.

When you watch him play, you can still see that he gets in good positions and his shot is really good. His astronomical fee prices us out but he's a great rotation option to have alongside Giroud.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:21 am

yeah he's been mismanaged from the start, had poor form overall though and can't deny it but like you say he was still getting in the right positions without getting that final touch correct. when he goes somewhere he is respected and given confidence again then i'm sure he will score for fun.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:24 am

Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

falcao
rooney
di maria

When you watch him play, you can still see that he gets in good positions and his shot is really good. His astronomical fee prices us out but he's a great rotation option to have alongside Giroud.

Imagine saying Falcao was a good rotation option to have alongside Giroud an year ago :rofll:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:51 am

Buying an expensive 29 years old striker to compete with our own 29 years striker is not a good decision. We can buy almost any striker that we want if we really have enough money to buy Falcao. So why not buying younger striker.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 am

Mesüt wrote:yeah he's been mismanaged from the start, had poor form overall though and can't deny it but like you say he was still getting in the right positions without getting that final touch correct. when he goes somewhere he is respected and given confidence again then i'm sure he will score for fun.

12 starts in the League - 4 goals and 4 assists. 0.66 per game.

Compared to Hero (and World Cup choker) - Angel di Maria - 19 starts - 3 goals and 10 assists. 0.68 per game.

And compared to our own, Welbeck - 18 starts, 4 goals and 3 assists... ;)

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

falcao
rooney
di maria

Imagine saying Falcao was a good rotation option to have alongside Giroud an year ago :rofll:

Yeah, ManU have destroyed him. :(

Fran Solo wrote:Buying an expensive 29 years old striker to compete with our own 29 years striker is not a good decision. We can buy almost any striker that we want if we really have enough money to buy Falcao. So why not buying younger striker.

Would prefer a younger striker any day. He won't cost a lot of money - thanks to ManU, but I can still see some insane Russian club offering him crazy money.

He won't come here. Wenger won't want to deal with his wages and misguided transfer fee.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:46 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
sweggeh wrote:

falcao
rooney
di maria

Lool would have been a bannable offence for trolling.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15