04/04/15 | Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League

Re: 04/04/15 | Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League

Postby Zenith » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Fully expect the FA to take no action on Skrtel

3 match ban surely?

What should happen and what will happen are two very different things unfortunately.

Hope i'm wrong.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Danskin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:55 pm

Coquelin will be important here as Liverpool play with Coutinho and Lallana/Sterling between the lines and they can be very dangerous if given a huge amount of space. Sturridge is still not fully sharp while Joe Allen - when he's pressed in midfield - loses a lot of balls. If we play to our full strength with players like Ramsey, Özil, a rested Alexis, Giroud and Welbeck going forwards, I think we will have too much for them. I know Liverpool, before the match against Man Utd, hadn't conceded a goal away from home since December or whatever but today they showed they're not that good in defence, especially Moreno who seems to be a liability defensively.

So yeah, I hope we f*cking do them.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yago » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 am

I'm afraid they'll press us from the start and we won't have a clue what to do against it.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:53 am

We can press them too. Liverpool are way worse than us when pressured.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yago » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:00 am

Walcott14 wrote:We can press them too. Liverpool are way worse than us when pressured.

We never press teams. Wenger tactics.
Yago

Postby Walcott14 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 am

Yago wrote:
Walcott14 wrote:We can press them too. Liverpool are way worse than us when pressured.

We never press teams. Wenger tactics.

Counter attacks. It is easier to get them when not pressing too much, but winning the ball when too many opposition players are out of position. A Dormund ''gegenpress'' is best and most entertaining pressing game around, but it comes with price; too many injuries. We have more than enough of that already.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:15 am

I just hope that we don't make the same mistake Liverpool made today by underestimating our opponents because we're in better form.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby elkanofan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 am

Danskin wrote:Coquelin will be important here as Liverpool play with Coutinho and Lallana/Sterling between the lines and they can be very dangerous if given a huge amount of space. Sturridge is still not fully sharp while Joe Allen - when he's pressed in midfield - loses a lot of balls. If we play to our full strength with players like Ramsey, Özil, a rested Alexis, Giroud and Welbeck going forwards, I think we will have too much for them. I know Liverpool, before the match against Man Utd, hadn't conceded a goal away from home since December or whatever but today they showed they're not that good in defence, especially Moreno who seems to be a liability defensively.

So yeah, I hope we f*cking do them.

Sturridge is sharp and up to full fitness, he's just not very good, Rodgers said he was back to sharpness 3 weeks ago at least, they are just making excuses for him. We need to defend narrow and stop their midfield from functioning and get the pressing game right in midfield, we need to do the same of which United did which was successfully impose their game over Liverpool. United where in control of the match for the entire game. livverpool had no answer to deal with Fellani and couldn't handle United's attacks very well.

We are better than United and we should win this game, we have seen yesterday and vs Besiktas Liverpool struggle when you impose your game on them and you expose them defensively.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dubs4Sam » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:04 am

If we beat Liverpool and Utd / City win that W/E then I cant see Liverpool getting into the top four too much too do and hope three teams have regular bad results in the last 9 games.

Liverpool are going to throw everything they have at us due to this.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Adriatic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am

against united liverpool were very poor under high pressure. they struggled to get to united's half while united played good defence. united did crumble later in the game but liverpool still struggled to create any concrete chances. imo, the weak points of liverpool's defence was primarily Emre Can was getting dribbled by freaking danny blind.

also sterling is a headless chicken, our defenders should just back off from him and wait until he trips himself up lol
Adriatic
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:36 am

ThisIsNotAnID wrote:I just hope that we don't make the same mistake Liverpool made today by underestimating our opponents because we're in better form.

Like we usually do, this is the one I want us to win just as much as winning against the Spuds, I fooking hate the scallies. :BangHead:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Martin Skrtel: FA to assess clash with Man Utd's David De Gea

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32019847

Not holding my breath but would be a huge loss for them. Lallana also injured currently, not sure how bad.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Adriatic wrote:also sterling is a headless chicken, our defenders should just back off from him and wait until he trips himself up lol

He lacks technique and vision to implement a final product. He's better than Bolasie but similar in that he can do advanced tricks and skill moves but lacks the fundamentals and consistent close control and vision, close him down and stop him from using his pace and your job is done.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ESFSAFC » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Looks like Skrtel will miss the game. He's been their best defender by a mile this season.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Big17 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
Martin Skrtel: FA to assess clash with Man Utd's David De Gea

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32019847

Not holding my breath but would be a huge loss for them. Lallana also injured currently, not sure how bad.

Very sus to me.

I don't think he got injured at all yesterday, it was just a tactical swap. Letting Lallana go away on international duty is a big risk to them because they are already low on numbers in midfield and if he gets injured they're screwed.

Full expect him to start at the Emirates.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15