ESFSAFC wrote:How many chances have we created in this tie

I read that and just :crybaby: :crybaby:

We need a finisher.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 17/03/15 | Monaco vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby TrafalgarLaw » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 am

Still annoys me that we lost to Monaco of all teams.
TrafalgarLaw
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Match reaction v Monaco

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:57 am

Cripps wrote:Glorious failure?

Glorious bullshit more like. Their keeper had the easiest last 20 mins ever. No one wanted to shoot

Ramsey scored in the last 20 mins and sanchez and giroud had that tangle that the keeper saved
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:03 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Sanchez was poor today but at least he has single handedly won us games in the past but i want to know how many games has ozil won us with sheer individual brilliance

Napoli home last year
Stoke home
Ball for ozil v Everton this season
starmandb

Re: Match reaction v Monaco

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 am

Alexis wrote:Game was lost at the emirates. Should have never played such an attacking formation and pour all our attackers forward. Arrogance and complacency cost us, just like everyone here pre-emirates game, didn't give monaco enough respect and karma bit us in the back.

What a load of nonsense
I respect all opponents and know that if you are not on your game football can bite you on the bum
I refuse to take responsibility for a manager failing to send his team out with the tactical nouse to beat the opposition
It was a decent display tonight but I draw no comfort from that
Half a performance is half a performance
starmandb

Postby Big17 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 am

Had Sky Sports News on all night, don't know why I haven't turned it off yet because they keep replaying the game and the chances we had to win it :(
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 am

Alexis17 wrote:Had Sky Sports News on all night, don't know why I haven't turned it off yet because they keep replaying the game and the chances we had to win it :(

Masochist.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Losmeister » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:24 am

only saw first half, had a bloody meeting which cut my viewing time in half, ffs.

just like the first leg, the chances , the chances were there.
couldnt quite do it.
Monaco had more luck- Welbeck in both matches- denied by a stray leg.

those who are vehement about Wenger are kinda funny- and yet their argument has merit as well.
maybe the squad could be better with a different manager. maybe not.

too bad. wouldve like to see Ozil score a goal that really meant something
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:56 am

greengoonerie wrote:
ThisIsNotAnID wrote:I wonder how some fans here would treat a player like Iniesta who doesn't score or assist on a regular basis?
and who has won more medals than the entire arsenal squad put together? That iniesta?

A guy who plays in a particular way in his strongest position rather than being played out of position or on the bench by an arrogant deluded manager (Wenger,)? That iniesta?

A player who is a member of a team full of leaders who take personal responsibility for their performances every game unlike most of the current arsenal squad. That Iniesta?

I think most arsenal fans would welcome anyone who is mature motivated and prepared to work for the good of the team.

So we'd all welcome him!!

But there's not a chance in hell that a player of iniestas ability would want to play for Wenger!!!

Iniesta 14 trophys
Arsenal squad collective 47 trophys
starmandb

Postby Captain » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:21 am

Stupid decisions lost us the first leg but we were unlucky not to score three last night. That blocked Welbeck shot could of easily deflected in or bounced to Giroud.
Captain
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby John Ozil » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:45 am

starmandb wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
ThisIsNotAnID wrote:I wonder how some fans here would treat a player like Iniesta who doesn't score or assist on a regular basis?
and who has won more medals than the entire arsenal squad put together? That iniesta?

A guy who plays in a particular way in his strongest position rather than being played out of position or on the bench by an arrogant deluded manager (Wenger,)? That iniesta?

A player who is a member of a team full of leaders who take personal responsibility for their performances every game unlike most of the current arsenal squad. That Iniesta?

I think most arsenal fans would welcome anyone who is mature motivated and prepared to work for the good of the team.

But there's not a chance in hell that a player of iniestas ability would want to play for Wenger!!!

Iniesta 14 trophys

so our last year FA cup will count as 23x....for the 23 players in the squad?
#Messi4GOAT
John Ozil
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

Monaco's manager branded us "disrespectful" and refused to shake Wenger's hand after the match because Wenger snubbed him at the end of the 1st leg.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:06 am

tbf if we'd only lost 2-1 in the first leg we'd probably have only won 1-0 last night. We knew we had to come out attacking yesterday as we needed 3 goals, needing 2 doesn't hold the same weight of need or urgency, you can get 1 goal each half rather than 1 every 30 mins.

The damage was done in the first leg but by an overall shit performance rather than just being sloppy at the end, losing 2-1 at home to Monaco was crap enough nevermind 3-1. We should have won both legs by at least two goals with the chances we had, they weren't taken. Giroud was the problem in game 1, Sanchez and Ozil last night with Giroud not hitting the target too well either (twice from 5 yards) albeit scoring a decent goal.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:17 am

We will not get a better draw. What a way to feck it up. That last minute goal at the Emirates has cost us the advancement.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:20 am

starmandb wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

Iniesta 14 trophys

THanks for that Starman.

Your correction is all the more revelatory for just how good Iniesta is as a player, and just how terrible Arsenal are as a team!!

And yet, we're being told that all is fine at Arsenal PLC!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15