17/03/15 | Monaco 0-2 Arsenal | Champions League

Re: 17/03/15 | Monaco vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:21 am

Adriatic wrote:You guys going after wenger's head are plain dumb. Having ramsey in the first 11 would not have changed anything. Wwe dominated the first half without him and i woukd say we even created more chances than in the second.

Sanchez had a rather poor game yet the usual suspects like giroud (who was massive btw) and welbeck get all the stick. C'mon.

will you go way out of that!!

Giroud had 12 chances over the two legs and scored one goal.

Giroud was massive alright - massively crap!! Some of the misses were embarrassing.

you really are scraping at the bottom of the barrel saying that having Ramsay on the bench was somehow a good move! Seriously.

Ramsay did more positively against monaco in the time he was on the pitch than Giroud, Ozil, Sanchez and mertesackofshit combined.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

Only person to blame here is the man that has overseen us lose by 1 goal because of a shitty first performance in 3 of the last four seasons.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jules_w » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:04 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Monaco's manager branded us "disrespectful" and refused to shake Wenger's hand after the match because Wenger snubbed him at the end of the 1st leg.

Lol, what did he expect? The monaco manager started running around the pitch like a mad man after the final whistle. Did he think Wenger was going to run after him?
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby arsebandit » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:16 am

Well yeah, our record in Europe is woeful.
laffapools' record actually puts us to shame & those woppa's have less than half our involvement!! QUITE STAGGERING!!
This is arguably wengers' 4th team & each one of them, though different in personnel & style, have all FAILED in Europe.
There is one link throughout our successive failures, different players, different tactics, different personalities, different strengths etc etc etc.. One link.. One man.. One problem... wenger
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:40 am

Nejch wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Seriously why the hell is everyone crying so much? what all this wenger shit about today? What is wrong with our fanbase today, we won, we got knocked out on away goals, we played well, we screwed up too much two weeks ago?

All i hear is Wenger out? At least do it after a proper loss and bad performance at the very least, but today? Is everyones sexlife really as non existent as mine is and they need to vent that badly? What the hell?

People need to remember every other English team is shit in Europe period, wenger or no wenger.

Regarding the sexlife... Yes.
Regarding every other English team being shit in Europe and therefore it's fine if we're shit too - pathetic excuse.

If I remember the rules correctly, it's about the performance in both legs. They're an awful side and we should have easily progressed.

Who the f**k said i was making an excuse? Thereis a difference between reason and excuse for failure. 3-1 down int he first leg and you expect to go through?

The time to get pissed was like we all did in the first leg with the horror show.

not they are not an awful side, they would be a top 4 team in the premier league, They better than Spurs, Southampton and probably liverpool!

We had the qualityt o win but didn't becuase they may not be world beaters but we aren't that good ourselves.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:44 am

nutella wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
All i hear is Wenger out? At least do it after a proper loss and bad performance at the very least, but today? Is everyones sexlife really as non existent as mine is and they need to vent that badly? What the hell?

lol what? surely they should be doing it consistently and not just after losses if they want to be taken seriously. Bizarre post

If we where consistently playing poorly but we played well today! We are out because we where a disgrace in the first leg :dontknow:

Stop taking sides for crying out load, open your mind, stop this wenger out, wenger in battle crap, whats wrong with you people, we are all arsenal fans, and some people form our own opinions without accepting the program that is wenger in or wenger out.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:19 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:How many goals has Giroud scored for Arsenal with his right foot?

How many of them were made with the outside of his boot? How many of them were made outside the penalty box?

Joking. :arse fan:

Anyway, I think you should write a book. Guaranteed best seller. :arsenal3:
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ESFSAFC » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Finishing first in our group would be nice.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BS221B » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:07 pm

BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Danskin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Still can't get over the fact that we went so close. It hurts.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:09 pm

John Ozil wrote:
starmandb wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
ThisIsNotAnID wrote:I wonder how some fans here would treat a player like Iniesta who doesn't score or assist on a regular basis?
and who has won more medals than the entire arsenal squad put together? That iniesta?

A guy who plays in a particular way in his strongest position rather than being played out of position or on the bench by an arrogant deluded manager (Wenger,)? That iniesta?

A player who is a member of a team full of leaders who take personal responsibility for their performances every game unlike most of the current arsenal squad. That Iniesta?

I think most arsenal fans would welcome anyone who is mature motivated and prepared to work for the good of the team.

So we'd all welcome him!!

But there's not a chance in hell that a player of iniestas ability would want to play for Wenger!!!

Iniesta 14 trophys
Arsenal squad collective 47 trophys

so our last year FA cup will count as 23x....for the 23 players in the squad?

Well we did use 24 players in the fa cup but 5 of them are no longer with us but I forgot 4 who are still here had some involvement
To be honest I can't remember how I got to 47 but it is the perennial jibe that comes out about some decorated player every time we go out the champions league and it is always wrong
However I do remember including szchesney and he won a medal despite never playing a minute
But I guess if he is on the bench he is concentrating and involved
So if we cap it at 18 the amount involved on a match day on an fa cup day here is a breakdown in mins the top 18 players in mins played
Fabianski 600
Mertesacker 555
Arteta 495
Cazorla 429
Sagna 420
Koscielny 390
Ozil 374
Gibbs 369
Ox 345
Sanogo 318
Podolski 277
Vermaelen 255
Ramsey 209
Flamini 199
Monreal 198
Wilshere192
Giroud 184
Jenkinson 182
Below the 18
Gnabry180 set up cazorla v spurs 3rd rd
Rosicky 133 scored v spurs 3rd round
Walcott 80
Bendtner 71
Kallstrom 31 scored 1st penalty in semi final shoot out v wigan
Zelalem 19
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:How many goals has Giroud scored for Arsenal with his right foot?

How many of them were made with the outside of his boot? How many of them were made outside the penalty box?

Joking. :arse fan:

Anyway, I think you should write a book. Guaranteed best seller. :arsenal3:

Nick hornby beat me to it mate
starmandb

Postby Pudpop » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:30 pm

starmandb wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Game was lost at the Emirates. No respectable side except Arsenal will give 3 at home

Real Madrid 3 schalke4
Chelsea 2 bradford 4
Athletico madrid 2 barcelona 3
Porto 1 sporting Lisbon 3

13/14
Barcelona 2 Valencia 3
Bayern Munich 0 Real Madrid 4
12/13
Juventus 1 inter 3
11/12
Psg 1 Lyon 3

How many of those teams that scored 3 had a goal average of less than 1 per game in the CL games leading up to that game?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby kennyng291 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:05 pm

i always thought the reason why we put in a good performance yesterday was because we conceded 3 at home, if we conceded 2 Wenger would have played it differently and Monaco would also. nonetheless, i thought we had a fantastic game yesterday, we will go a long way playing like that in the premier league.
kennyng291
Liam Brady

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Pudpop wrote:
starmandb wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Game was lost at the Emirates. No respectable side except Arsenal will give 3 at home

Real Madrid 3 schalke4
Chelsea 2 bradford 4
Athletico madrid 2 barcelona 3
Porto 1 sporting Lisbon 3

13/14
Barcelona 2 Valencia 3
Bayern Munich 0 Real Madrid 4
12/13
Juventus 1 inter 3
11/12
Psg 1 Lyon 3

How many of those teams that scored 3 had a goal average of less than 1 per game in the CL games leading up to that game?

Valencia not been in champions league since 12/13
Inter milan and Lyon not been in champs league since 11/12
Sporting Lisbon not been in champs league since 09/10
Bradford had there last season in the top flight of English football in 00/01 it was one of two seasons they spent in the top flight there previous visit to the top flight had been 77 years before 1921 /22 we lost 3-1 home to huddersfield bradford beat huddersfield 4-0 that season
Champions league football has not happened for bradford yet but with those kind of facts it can't be long before they take our place
I'm not happy about going out the champions league but some of the utter bollox that was in the match thread makes me happy that some people are sitting behind a keyboard rather than in the stadium getting behind the team
It may have been a difficulty of our own making but that all needs to be put aside and you need your fans four square behind you
That last bit is not aimed at you pudpop sir
But I generalisation on certain individuals on here
The game was lost at the emirates and that is unforgivable and must be sorted in the future (hopefully with a new man at the helm) but last night was a solid European away performance
It was wenger that gave us a mountain to climb with his scandalous series naivety in 1st legs in Europe
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15