Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:37 pm

still heartbroken
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Re: 17/03/15 | Monaco vs Arsenal | Champions League

Postby ThisIsNotAnID » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:44 pm

You just can't lose the first tie 3 - 1 at home and be deserving of going through.
ThisIsNotAnID

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm

ThisIsNotAnID wrote:You just can't lose the first tie 3 - 1 at home and be deserving of going through.

Thought we had more right of going through than they did tbh

They absolutely created nothing at home. Not even 1 shot at goal. Atleast we created some chances at home

I hope monaco gets barca.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Do we not have goal technology in the Champions league?

I don't think it was but that Giroud chance from the freekick looked very close to going over the line. Im not sure if it was out of desperation or the fact he thought it was over too but Walcott was convinced it was a goal.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Dejan wrote:
ThisIsNotAnID wrote:You just can't lose the first tie 3 - 1 at home and be deserving of going through.

Thought we had more right of going through than they did tbh

They absolutely created nothing at home. Not even 1 shot at goal. Atleast we created some chances at home

I hope monaco gets barca.

We definitely lacked a lot of luck when you consider how Kondogbia scored his goal and the chances we missed. The issue I have is that we should have been good enough to make luck irrelevant as to whether we went through or not.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Got luck with Girouds goal.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Alexis17 wrote:Do we not have goal technology in the Champions league?

I don't think it was but that Giroud chance from the freekick looked very close to going over the line. Im not sure if it was out of desperation or the fact he thought it was over too but Walcott was convinced it was a goal.

Tbf that was a brilliantly timed to block Sanchezs header and making it easier for the keeper to save.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: Match reaction v Monaco

Postby Alexis » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:34 pm

starmandb wrote:
Alexis wrote:Game was lost at the emirates. Should have never played such an attacking formation and pour all our attackers forward. Arrogance and complacency cost us, just like everyone here pre-emirates game, didn't give monaco enough respect and karma bit us in the back.

What a load of nonsense
I respect all opponents and know that if you are not on your game football can bite you on the bum
I refuse to take responsibility for a manager failing to send his team out with the tactical nouse to beat the opposition
It was a decent display tonight but I draw no comfort from that
Half a performance is half a performance

I should have said 'most' instead of 'everyone' but point still stands. Fans and team alike thought it was onto the next round when draw was made. This ended up being our fall. The club should distribute the money they got from this round to all those who sat and watched both legs in hope.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Match reaction v Monaco

Postby starmandb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Alexis wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Alexis wrote:Game was lost at the emirates. Should have never played such an attacking formation and pour all our attackers forward. Arrogance and complacency cost us, just like everyone here pre-emirates game, didn't give monaco enough respect and karma bit us in the back.

What a load of nonsense
I respect all opponents and know that if you are not on your game football can bite you on the bum
I refuse to take responsibility for a manager failing to send his team out with the tactical nouse to beat the opposition
It was a decent display tonight but I draw no comfort from that
Half a performance is half a performance

I should have said 'most' instead of 'everyone' but point still stands. Fans and team alike thought it was onto the next round when draw was made. This ended up being our fall. The club should distribute the money they got from this round to all those who sat and watched both legs in hope.

I have never wanted a refund from a game
I want us to go in and give ourselves the best chance of winning and that is by setting up properly
Of coarse we should be confident
We are the arsenal but the same arsenal that went to Wrexham as league champions and got knocked out the fa cup
So should be well aware that if you give any opposition less than 100 per cent respect you come unstuck
That's wenger and the players job
I know that already and I think the majority of the fans do as well
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:11 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Nejch wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Seriously why the hell is everyone crying so much? what all this wenger shit about today? What is wrong with our fanbase today, we won, we got knocked out on away goals, we played well, we screwed up too much two weeks ago?

All i hear is Wenger out? At least do it after a proper loss and bad performance at the very least, but today? Is everyones sexlife really as non existent as mine is and they need to vent that badly? What the hell?

People need to remember every other English team is shit in Europe period, wenger or no wenger.

Regarding the sexlife... Yes.
Regarding every other English team being shit in Europe and therefore it's fine if we're shit too - pathetic excuse.

If I remember the rules correctly, it's about the performance in both legs. They're an awful side and we should have easily progressed.

Who the f**k said i was making an excuse? Thereis a difference between reason and excuse for failure. 3-1 down int he first leg and you expect to go through?

The time to get pissed was like we all did in the first leg with the horror show.

not they are not an awful side, they would be a top 4 team in the premier league, They better than Spurs, Southampton and probably liverpool!

We had the qualityt o win but didn't becuase they may not be world beaters but we aren't that good ourselves.

RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:14 pm

elkanofan wrote:You have been officially STARMANED!

So have you if you go to the Wenger Out thread my dear :rofll:
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:53 pm

elkanofan wrote:If we where consistently playing poorly but we played well today! We are out because we where a disgrace in the first leg :dontknow:

Stop taking sides for crying out load, open your mind, stop this wenger out, wenger in battle crap, whats wrong with you people, we are all arsenal fans, and some people form our own opinions without accepting the program that is wenger in or wenger out.

well said. all the self righteous opinionating and sniping on both sides gets a bit tired.
peace to all you goons.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15