14/03/15 | Arsenal 3-0 West Ham | Premier League

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Adriatic » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:57 pm

if we win every game we have left, there is a theoretical possibility that we end up as champions, as crazy as it sounds. chelsea has quite potential-point-droping-games left - southampton tomorrow, united, us and liverpool and an away game to WBA who regularly take points against them.

i know its not very likely, but its still a possibility.
User avatar
Adriatic
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby SuperTurrek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:That Flamini goal just cost me 46 euro ffs :(


What you bet on? 'No Goals' at 2-0?

A 2-0 win with Giroud getting the first! Never thought I'd be upset to see us score ffs!


Lmao, thats crazy! Should've placed 2 seperate bets IMO to keep it safe and keep the options open. But im being Captain Hindsight.

I think you'd still get decent amount for 1 bet with 'First to score; Giroud' and 1 with 'Exact score: 2-0'
That way, if Giroud scores first but the score is different; you win. And if someone else taps in the first but you got the score right, you win as well.

Maybe an idea for next time. Tough luck though, must've missed out on some decent money with that prediction.
I f***ing hate Granit Xhaka
User avatar
SuperTurrek
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby addict » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 pm

Actually it doesnt sound crazy at all
Image
User avatar
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby SuperTurrek » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:05 pm

The prediction itself isn't crazy at all but I'd never put money on something that's so .. I dont know the right word but Walcott could've easily scored today and then his bet would've been over right away.

As far as I know you still get decent money for exact score predictions pre-match so I myself would always make 2 seperate bets in cases like this.
I f***ing hate Granit Xhaka
User avatar
SuperTurrek
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Yago » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Wouldn't bet on a specific score myself, too much luck involved.
Yago
WC Prediction League winner
WC Prediction League winner
 
Posts: 6860
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby addict » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Burnturrek wrote:The prediction itself isn't crazy at all but I'd never put money on something that's so .. I dont know the right word but Walcott could've easily scored today and then his bet would've been over right away.

As far as I know you still get decent money for exact score predictions pre-match so I myself would always make 2 seperate bets in cases like this.

Sorry, was responding to Adriatic. Arsenal winning the title wouldn't sound crazy at all, as I think we're at full strength the best team in the league.
Image
User avatar
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Great win today, match was frustrating at times but not much to worry about, so many positives.

The goals where fantastic, the first today after ramseys goal was a strong contender for goal of the year! same with the second, we worked some really nice moves today.

Really good feeling today about us for the end of the season.
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13321
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:35 am

didnt watch.
saw extended highlights- http://www.footytube.com/video/arsenal- ... ov_vidgrid

walcott was immensely wasteful. gets in position doesnt deliver. someone above mentioned that he was BECOMING a reliable finisher when he got the injury.
which is also sorta saying that he is, on the average, NOT a reliable finisher. which is my opinion of him. i hope it changes, of course, but i fear it mostly will not.

ozil made some nice combos.
ramsey made some nice plays as well-nearly scored more than just the one.
giroud was great. he understands ramsey so well. played him through for the fa winner last year too.

chambers is not a good defender. will he ever be?

fun highlights save ozil being a chickenshit.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Bionic Mosquito » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 am

addict wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:The prediction itself isn't crazy at all but I'd never put money on something that's so .. I dont know the right word but Walcott could've easily scored today and then his bet would've been over right away.

As far as I know you still get decent money for exact score predictions pre-match so I myself would always make 2 seperate bets in cases like this.

Sorry, was responding to Adriatic. Arsenal winning the title wouldn't sound crazy at all, as I think we're at full strength the best team in the league.


A while back when I said we could catch City for 2nd people on here were laughing :biggrin: tbh though, catching Chelsea would require a complete collapse on their part and a win every game finish for us, so i dont see it happening.
User avatar
Bionic Mosquito
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 am

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:32 am

Bionic Mosquito wrote:
addict wrote:
Burnturrek wrote:The prediction itself isn't crazy at all but I'd never put money on something that's so .. I dont know the right word but Walcott could've easily scored today and then his bet would've been over right away.

As far as I know you still get decent money for exact score predictions pre-match so I myself would always make 2 seperate bets in cases like this.

Sorry, was responding to Adriatic. Arsenal winning the title wouldn't sound crazy at all, as I think we're at full strength the best team in the league.


A while back when I said we could catch City for 2nd people on here were laughing :biggrin: tbh though, catching Chelsea would require a complete collapse on their part and a win every game finish for us, so i dont see it happening.

this
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Zedie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 am

Yup, remember words like crazy being used when I was saying 2nd was attainable.

Will still probably get coated for saying we are still in with a chance for the title, but it is what it is.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

People do realise chelsea are 6 points better and have 2 games in hand yes?

We have no chance for the title.
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Vinny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 am

Good win even though Wham frustrated us at times.

Ramsey and Giroud were at the centre of everything for us and delighted for Giroud after being dropped against ManU.
Ramsey's stats were high in everything and great to see him play so well.
We need him.
Kos, Monreal and Ozil were very good too.
Bit worried about Sanchez, but hopefully he will score a hat trick on Tuesday.

Wally fluffed his chance and hopefully he will get another one soon.

Bring on Monaco !!
User avatar
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:22 am
Location: West Cork

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 am

Cripps wrote:People do realise chelsea are 6 points better and have 2 games in hand yes?

We have no chance for the title.


As pessimistic as I might be with this team, if Chelsea lose today I cant help but feel we have a chance.
Image
'The Turkish Diddler' ~ O(z)il on Canvas, © 2017
User avatar
Pudpop
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12683
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: The Windy Cape

Re: 14/03/15 | Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:58 am

I don't live in the world of ifs tbh.

Chelsea might drop more points. So will we.

Thus we are out of the title race. Chelsea won't drop a possible 12 points more than us from this moment on
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 14/15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest