25/02/15 | Arsenal 1-3 Monaco | Champions League

Re: 25/02/15 | Arsenal 1-3 Monaco | Champions League

Postby Walcott14 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 am

Brandon wrote:We either need Klopp who, even if playing a high line, will make sure everyone tracks back or Simeone who will do away with this high line nonsense and focus the defense on protecting the box.

Good points, but we have more than enough players to play both ways. We almost always line-up with imbalanced starting 11 either having per in def, Wele on wing, Cazorla in cm or or all in once :/, Would like Le Coq and Wilshere in mid and Cazorla or Özil as no10 for better balance.
By Jordan1411 at Deviantart
Walcott14
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Brandon wrote:We either need Klopp who, even if playing a high line, will make sure everyone tracks back or Simeone who will do away with this high line nonsense and focus the defense on protecting the box.

More than anything we need Simoene to give these pampered, mollycoddled players a kick up their arse. Would be culture shock when this pimp/drug cartel looking Tasmanian devil with his slicked back hair puts the death stare on them.

Oh now you've gone and gotten me wet just thinking about what Simeone would do in charge of this club. :cloud9:

Imo, we have players good enough to at least challenge for the PL and be a regular in the latter stages of the CL. It's the manager who's failing to bring the talent out of the players.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:17 am

Its only a matter of time until either Ancelotti or Pep comes to the Premier League to manage Utd or City. We are truly f***ked if Wenger is still running the show here
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 am

Brandon wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

More than anything we need Simoene to give these pampered, mollycoddled players a kick up their arse. Would be culture shock when this pimp/drug cartel looking Tasmanian devil with his slicked back hair puts the death stare on them.

Oh now you've gone and gotten me wet just thinking about what Simeone would do in charge of this club. :cloud9:

Imo, we have players good enough to at least challenge for the PL and be a regular in the latter stages of the CL. It's the manager who's failing to bring the talent out of the players.

you'd think that Atleti were stocked with a buncha losers and Simeone sprinkles his magic hairgel on 'em and POOF they are world beaters.
that squad is stacked. and they lost to leverkusen today.

for me, the players get the credit when they play well, and the manager the blame when they play poorly too often.
and not just as a gooner fan but across many different sports

the PLAYERS surrendered possession all game long. often w/o any particular inolvement from the opposition.
coqs yellow is a fine example.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 am

and Klopps men are battling relegation
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:51 am

Losmeister wrote:
you'd think that Atleti were stocked with a buncha losers and Simeone sprinkles his magic hairgel on 'em and POOF they are world beaters.

for me, the players get the credit when they play well, and the manager the blame when they play poorly too often.

the PLAYERS surrendered possession all game long. often w/o any particular inolvement from the opposition.

That is not the point. Simeone has his players on smash. Ath. Madrid are probably the most disciplined and well drilled team in world football; the way Simeone has them pressing as a unit and working for eachother is incredible - that is down to him. Yes they have good players but the point is he has implemented a brilliant system and his players are willing to die for him. He also happened to perform the incredible feat of beating Barca and Madrid to the title last season and generally does well in the big matches - his record against Real Madrid especially is impressive. He has them punching well above their weight. Can you imagine what he'd be able to achieve with the resources at a club like Arsenal?

P.S.

Simeone has also made Mourinho his personal bitch which is an added bonus.
Last edited by Va-Va-Voom on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:52 am

This team is crying out for some discipline. Simeone would bring that. He instills the players with a winning mentality. For players to kill for one another. This is the mentality we had during the Invincibles, and this is the attitude we need in our team right now.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Nejch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 am

I was unable to watch the game, kind of glad I didn't. Found out about the result in a club from a fellow Slovenian gooner at 3 AM, I couldn't believe it. Got home (not so sober) and watched the highlights.

I'm not even mad. This is our level now. I just hope all the WKB f**k off forever after this result and realize they're detrimental to our club. Arsenal always find new ways to disappoint, I'm actually used to the embarrassment.

To think some people actually thought we have been playing well recently makes me sick. We were so lucky to get some of the wins against teams from the bottom of the table, every single game we've been awful.

Call me whatever name you want, but part of me is happy for this loss. This game shows EVERYTHING that is wrong with this club. If anyone supports the board/manager after such a display, they shouldn't call themselves Arsenal fans, because they clearly do not want the best for our club.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:24 am

Just look at our "defending" for the second goal, it is an actual clusterfuck.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:50 am

I dont care if I get banned.....Arsene Wenger can go and fvck himself. Im not even mad about the result as I wanted us to lose so this w@nker leaves once for all. But the thing that p1ssed me off more than anything is after the match he says Arsenal were suicidal defensively. You fvcking d1ckhead.....you play grioud, wlebeck, sanchez, ozil and cazorla against a team everyone knew would come here to defend and hit you on the counter and you are surprised? Go and fvck yourself you loser and leave our club once for all. Ban me for all i care.....i know I speak for the majority who had enough of this w@nkers nonsense
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Denis_E » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:20 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

That is not the point. Simeone has his players on smash. Ath. Madrid are probably the most disciplined and well drilled team in world football; the way Simeone has them pressing as a unit and working for eachother is incredible - that is down to him. Yes they have good players but the point is he has implemented a brilliant system and his players are willing to die for him. He also happened to perform the incredible feat of beating Barca and Madrid to the title last season and generally does well in the big matches - his record against Real Madrid especially is impressive. He has them punching well above their weight. Can you imagine what he'd be able to achieve with the resources at a club like Arsenal?

P.S.

Simeone has also made Mourinho his personal bitch which is an added bonus.

It's bloody typical isn't it?

Someone does wonders over 3 seasons with a squad that cost a pittance to assemble compared to ours, wins the copa del rey, breaks the duopoly of Real/Barca to win the league, almost wins the champions league, but then loses to Leverkusen and is written off. Whilst Wenger has brought on countless embarrassments in this time span and he's still got his mob of delusional cub scouts backing him.
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 am

gooney wrote:I dont care if I get banned.....Arsene Wenger can go and fvck himself. Im not even mad about the result as I wanted us to lose so this w@nker leaves once for all. But the thing that p1ssed me off more than anything is after the match he says Arsenal were suicidal defensively. You fvcking d1ckhead.....you play grioud, wlebeck, sanchez, ozil and cazorla against a team everyone knew would come here to defend and hit you on the counter and you are surprised? Go and fvck yourself you loser and leave our club once for all. Ban me for all i care.....i know I speak for the majority who had enough of this w@nkers nonsense

lol gooney you know by now you don't get banned for having your opinion.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby gooney » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 am

Trina wrote:
gooney wrote:I dont care if I get banned.....Arsene Wenger can go and fvck himself. Im not even mad about the result as I wanted us to lose so this w@nker leaves once for all. But the thing that p1ssed me off more than anything is after the match he says Arsenal were suicidal defensively. You fvcking d1ckhead.....you play grioud, wlebeck, sanchez, ozil and cazorla against a team everyone knew would come here to defend and hit you on the counter and you are surprised? Go and fvck yourself you loser and leave our club once for all. Ban me for all i care.....i know I speak for the majority who had enough of this w@nkers nonsense

lol gooney you know by now you don't get banned for having your opinion.

Honestly his comments p1ssed me off more than the match itself. He plays a wide open midfield and then says we defended suicidal....like the players set themselves up. For once why doesnt he take the blame. Both English teams lost due to poor tactics. The tie wasnt gonna be decided today and he started the match like we were losing a match in the last 20 mins and were desperate. Monaco is not a great team by any means. In their previous 36 games this season they have not managed to score 4 goals in any match and only 2 matches have they scored 3 goals. They have 26 goals in 25 league games and only 4 teams in whole of Ligue 1 has scored less than them. Why approach this match with such stupid tactics and not even be man enough to admit your mistake
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 am

^ If our defending was suicidal why didn't he rise from the bench and give us instruction instead of watching on as he gesticulates towards the pitch and bitches at Bould. Stop fondling your zipper, get off your ass and do something!
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby TommyGoon » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 am

Was too pissed off to post when I got home from the game last night. Abysmal performance of the highest order.

Ospina - Whether he could have saved the 1st goal probably not but wtf with the reaction? The 3rd goal was saveable imo, bring back Scz. I've been saying this for weeks now.

Gibbs - Wow wtf. Thought he was awful in all facets of the game. I'm a big Gibbo fan as well, but Monreal definitely coming back in after this.

BFG - Terrible game. Rolled the dice for the 2nd goal, and lost badly. His lack of pace is always a problem, but really stood out today.

Koscielny - meh, not massively at fault for anything but not a great performance.

Bellerin - Wasn't great. Gave the ball away a lot I thought. Neither him nor Gibbs offered much offensively.

Coq - Possibly his worst game of the season. Gave the ball away as well, was close to getting sent off with some rash tackles.

Cazorla - Gave the ball away a lot! the general theme. Didn't commandeer anything, had a couple of usual Santi trick moments though.

Welbeck - Great pace and strength to create that chance, then the finishing let him down. Ok performance, tried.

Ozil - I try not to criticise Mesut too much, as he can be great to watch but when his passing is off and his flicks aren't working, he offers NOTHING. He doesn't look like he cares out there or is ever up for a big occasion game. The ultimate luxury player who, imo, when the chips are down, doesn't offer what we need.

Sanchez - Duracell still has his legs, but just isn't impacting the games at the moment like we know he can do. Also giving the ball away a lot. Frustrating, need him to hit some form again.

Giroud - Less said the better. Absolutely shocking performance, the return of the donkey. Missed a sitter, and another chance he probably should have buried. Touch was worse than Sanogo's. I just hope his confidence isn't smashed after getting subbed off like that. Shame as he'd been in amazing form.

Subs - Walcott couldn't get into the game, maybe should have scored? Rozza was ok. The Ox scored a goal, but everything else he did was fkn terrible, including a mistake leading to their last goal.

I'm still really pissed off we've blown a chance to get through. We probably weren't going to win the whole thing i guess. Hope this team shows a massive response in the Everton game.
TommyGoon
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15