15/02/15 | Arsenal 2-0 Middlesbrough | The FA Cup

Re: 15/02/15 | Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | The FA Cup

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Youngie wrote:Boro are a good team.

It's the equivalent of playing a low caliber prem team

Tell that to Villa and Bournemouth
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Rather tell it to Man City.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jules_w » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Wenger better not start some kind of B-team as we've seen before in the cup. We will lose if he does.
jules_w
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zedie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:36 pm

jules_w wrote:Wenger better not start some kind of B-team as we've seen before in the cup. We will lose if he does.

Hes going full team. He hasn't B teamed the FA cup in a while.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby boro4life » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Being reading the comments and id expected aresnal fans to say "its only boro, well walk over them and win confortibly" like many city fans did so quite surprised to see arsenal fans taking this one more seriously, your odiously the favorites but boro would not have that any other way love being the proud and passionate underdogs giving everything to upset the big teams ask city and Liverpool fans. karanka with his connections with the special one would of no doubt being on the phone to him discussing a game plan against aresnal, id expect us to set up like we did against city considering you are similar in your style of play hit you on the counter attack and being ultimate professionals not letting arsenal dictate the play bringing the game to you for long periods as well. Look i dont expect boro to win, but i do expect boro to give you a very good game its not gonna be one sided if your bad as man city at the back we will punish you and you will find it very difficult to score against us we are very organised team. However we all know that arsenal on their day can beat anyone when they start passing it around with pace and calving open opposition so well see just expecting a good game. Im gonna put a bet on before the game 3-1 to boro i actually think though it be a draw and go back to the riverside where in front of our home crowd well win, goodluck in the premuship. Cmon on boro.
boro4life
Liam Brady

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:28 pm

First 15 minutes will be telling how the rest of the 75 will go. Arsenal are blowing hot and cold right now and we tend to know if it is going to be a long day in the first 15.

I doubt anybody on here can really 100% predict which Arsenal will show up but Boro have been consistent and defensivsly strong so we know what they bring if we blow cold.

A replay could not be ruled at all.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TrafalgarLaw » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:43 pm

Really do not think we will lose this. Though we are playing bad, at home we never lose to such teams.
TrafalgarLaw
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:57 pm

TrafalgarLaw wrote:Really do not think we will lose this. Though we are playing bad, at home we never lose to such teams.

You have a short memory.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby #ST » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Biggest difference being that a low caliber prem team is low on the table because of poor results whereas Boro are full of confidence sitting at the top of the Championship.

Wenger will have to find a balance between resting players and still fielding a quality side. Welbeck for Giroud is a given I'd think. Hoping Cazorla gets a breather I think he is in need of one.

Thinking of something like this;

Szczesny ( I want Ospina to play but I'm 100% sure he won't unless injuries )
Bellerin - Gabriel - Mertesacker - Gibbs
Coquelin - Bielik
Theo - Ozil - Gnabry
Welbeck

Rosicky for Bielik if he cannot handle it.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:30 pm

TrafalgarLaw wrote:Really do not think we will lose this. Though we are playing bad, at home we never lose to such teams.

Blackburn knocked us out at home in the 12/13 season.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby BouncySean » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Szczesny
Chambers - Gabriel - Kos - Gibbs
Coquelin - Rosiscky
Theo - Ozil - Welbeck
Giroud
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby D23 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Anyone else actually missing Welbeck up front?

No? :tumbleweed:

Well I am, I think he needs a game or two upfront, Giroud has been averaging a goal every other game, if Welbeck did that people would be screaming "sell him back to Utd".

Yep Welbeck was quality on his return against spurs our best player imo.
D23
Banned

Postby Arsene all » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:57 pm

boro4life wrote:Being reading the comments and id expected aresnal fans to say "its only boro, well walk over them and win confortibly" like many city fans did so quite surprised to see arsenal fans taking this one more seriously, your odiously the favorites but boro would not have that any other way love being the proud and passionate underdogs giving everything to upset the big teams ask city and Liverpool fans. karanka with his connections with the special one would of no doubt being on the phone to him discussing a game plan against aresnal, id expect us to set up like we did against city considering you are similar in your style of play hit you on the counter attack and being ultimate professionals not letting arsenal dictate the play bringing the game to you for long periods as well. Look i dont expect boro to win, but i do expect boro to give you a very good game its not gonna be one sided if your bad as man city at the back we will punish you and you will find it very difficult to score against us we are very organised team. However we all know that arsenal on their day can beat anyone when they start passing it around with pace and calving open opposition so well see just expecting a good game. Im gonna put a bet on before the game 3-1 to boro i actually think though it be a draw and go back to the riverside where in front of our home crowd well win, goodluck in the premuship. Cmon on boro.

Hmm could be a tough game. But its more likely us smashing boro by 3 or more or maybe scraping a win. No way a draw or loss... Good luck at the bookies ;)
Arsene all
Liam Brady

Postby TommyGoon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Burnturrek wrote:

Biggest difference being that a low caliber prem team is low on the table because of poor results whereas Boro are full of confidence sitting at the top of the Championship.

Wenger will have to find a balance between resting players and still fielding a quality side. Welbeck for Giroud is a given I'd think. Hoping Cazorla gets a breather I think he is in need of one.

Thinking of something like this;

Szczesny ( I want Ospina to play but I'm 100% sure he won't unless injuries )
Bellerin - Gabriel - Mertesacker - Gibbs
Coquelin - Bielik
Theo - Ozil - Gnabry
Welbeck

Rosicky for Bielik if he cannot handle it.

Gnabry has played 68 minutes of football in 12 months, really can't see him starting, might not be in the squad at all. Can't see Bielik starting yet without having played any minutes prior.
TommyGoon
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby boro4life » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:26 pm

The boro line up by the way if anyones interested should look like this -

................................mejais/dimi..............................................
freind.......kalas/omeruo....................gibson......................fredricks
...........................leadbitter.........clayton..............................
reach..........................vossen/bamford....................................adomah
..................................kike/bamford........................................................

Its always the same formation it always keeps it tight when aresnal have the ball leadbitter and clayton will sit and protect that back 4 while everyone in front hunts in packs to get the ball back. Big boro talking piont is which keeper will start majais who was fantastic at man city but did not look good at the start of the season or dimi who has being the most constant keeper fpr the last 2 years. Kalas and omeruo will contest that spot because of ayala being injured and the front 2 get rotated around anyway. What are your thoughts on this?.
boro4life
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15