07/02/15 | Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 07/02/15 | Tottenham 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:10 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:Tottenham since 2011/2012 (four different coaches)
Transfer result: +36.13m€ (yes, they made money with transfers)

Arsenal since 2011/2012 (same coach)
Transfer result: -113.57m€

Spurs winnig the NLD with at least four homegrown players (homegrown on english standards of course) in the starting 11.
Harry Kane, Ryan Mason, Danny Rose and Nabil Bentaleb

English players o the pitch
Spurs: 5
Arsenal: 1

Average age starting 11
Spurs: 23.6y
Arsenal: 26.1y

What a time to be alive ..

Pretty pointless post, if you want to support a team with more English players there will be plenty outside the top four at end of the season to choose from, others have stated why the transfer result over the years are in their favour, few huge deals of selling there best players. I wonder who has a better over the last 10 years or since Wenger has been here, interesting how you choose when they sold Modric and then Bale. Cherry picking 101

They are not better, they didn't beat us with some amazing quality play, a corner which we were bound to concede from eventually (20 vs man city, 10 against spurs), they just wanted it more and we were useless.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:11 pm

elkanofan wrote:

Spurs winnig the NLD with at least four homegrown players (homegrown on english standards of course) in the starting 11.

Average age starting 11

They sold bale for £86 million, Modric for £40million.

Don't get your point ?!

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:22 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:

Average age starting 11

Pretty pointless post, if you want to support a team with more English players there will be plenty outside the top four at end of the season to choose from, others have stated why the transfer result over the years are in their favour, few huge deals of selling there best players. I wonder who has a better over the last 10 years or since Wenger has been here, interesting how you choose when they sold Modric and then Bale. Cherry picking 101

They are not better, they didn't beat us with some amazing quality play, a corner which we were bound to concede from eventually (20 vs man city, 10 against spurs), they just wanted it more and we were useless.

Pretty pointless post if you would have read my answer of the same question shortly after my original post ..
If you sell players for 40+ million you lose quality in your side dunno what's so hard to understand we bought Sanchez for around the same price and he is f***ing quality unlike the 16m buys Welbeck or Chambers .. also you can buy around eight Oxs for the price of one Bale but you still won't have him replaced adequate.

Edit:
And I choosed that time frame cause most players from these transfer windows are still active for each club I don't care if they or we have spent millions for players ten years ago who already retired.
Last edited by Schlandi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:24 pm

AngelDiMaria7 wrote:Got a bit too exited after that city win didn't you, back down to earth arsenal fans because your not as good as you lot think you are. Gives us the chance to to increase our gap to 4 points between us if we beat west ham today.

Yeah i know spend 170 million pounds and yet fighting for fourth. This despite having no distraction of champions league football. Your Van Gaal is doing worse than Moyes after spending sh*t loads who had to deal with Champions league as well. Rooney is being employed like a midfielder and Di Maria as a Striker. Your own fans are turning on Van Gaal before a season is over. worry about your debt if you don't make it to 4th this year.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ESFSAFC » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:48 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:

Average age starting 11

Pretty pointless post if you would have read my answer of the same question shortly after my original post ..
If you sell players for 40+ million you lose quality in your side dunno what's so hard to understand we bought Sanchez for around the same price and he is f***ing quality unlike the 16m buys Welbeck or Chambers .. also you can buy around eight Oxs for the price of one Bale but you still won't have him replaced adequate.

Edit:
And I choosed that time frame cause most players from these transfer windows are still active for each club I don't care if they or we have spent millions for players ten years ago who already retired.

Seen this being said a lot, it's what you get for English players, Chambers is young and was thrown into the deep end in the first half of the season.

Welbeck was purely bought because our first choice and really only striker got injured, we were desperate, last day signing, Man Utd knew this and knew they could charge high as we had no choice. We are stuck with Welbeck now is how I see it, not good enough to be first choice ST and we have much better options on the wide roles.

You say we need more English players(from the spurs five english arsenal one) on the pitch but then use three of our English players as examples of bad buys or poor players. You want us to sign better English players? As there are so many reasons why not to do that.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Big17 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:55 pm

AngelDiMaria7 wrote:Got a bit too exited after that city win didn't you, back down to earth arsenal fans because your not as good as you lot think you are. Gives us the chance to to increase our gap to 4 points between us if we beat west ham today.

You're embarrassing lol.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Losmeister » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Alexis17 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

Mind you, Koscielny was just as bad for his second. Got in between him and Monreal and made no effort whatsoever to go for the ball. Watching the replays back I honestly think he could of got that - whether he got a shout from Monreal or he thought no one was behind him he shouldn't of taken the risk. Poor.

At first I thought the same. Then I watched the replay. It was an inch perfect cross.
Koz had decent positioning ...but sometimes a perfect pass and header is just that...

a play that is not really defensible. And Kane is simply playing out of his mind now, so...

Can't take that away from Spurs - It was an amazing cross and an even better header but I just feel Koscielny could of done a lot better or atleast made the effort instead of a half hearted jump. It's not like he doesn't have a good leap on him because he does. He's usually very reliable in those situations.
I can see what you are getting after here... and yet... I dunno... seemed like Koz was wrongfooted... the moment it came off Bentalebs foot it was always going over his head....

all in all a tough game to watch. our midfield getting it's arse collectively kicked
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Aye but neither are you lot. We'll finish ahead of you.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:18 pm

ESFSAFC wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:

Average age starting 11

Edit:

Seen this being said a lot, it's what you get for English players, Chambers is young and was thrown into the deep end in the first half of the season.

Welbeck was purely bought because our first choice and really only striker got injured, we were desperate, last day signing, Man Utd knew this and knew they could charge high as we had no choice. We are stuck with Welbeck now is how I see it, not good enough to be first choice ST and we have much better options on the wide roles.

You say we need more English players(from the spurs five english arsenal one) on the pitch but then use three of our English players as examples of bad buys or poor players. You want us to sign better English players? As there are so many reasons why not to do that.

Also neglects to mention the injured English players and ignores the British player to supress the count (although i understand this as Germany has never had anything like this). Doesnt actually include Arsenal's homegrown players even though he mentions Spurs homegrown players :dontknow:

As mentioned previously, ensures that he uses the timescale that includes the premier leagues biggest ever sale of a player to point to Spurs wonderful business. While in isolation this is the case, a more broad sample would show anything but and something closer to normailty. You like doing this with Chelsea too, wonder why this is?

Also neglects to mention that this is only the 7th Scum win in 45 North London derbys versus Wenger, but then lets not get hung up on this.

Honestly, sometimes i get the feeling Schland hates Arsenal more than any other team!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Cya later bellend. You probs won't even read this as you just came to make 1 twatty post xx
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Oh dear Harry Kane. I actually had Arsenal to win

Arsenal were poor. It did look like they would grind out the 1 - 0 for quite a while though.

Spurs played well if only they didnt have Danny Rose.

How the f**k was Mason not sent off? right dirty little f***er that guy. Tackle on Ozil was a straight red alone.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:10 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Average age starting 11

Don't get your point ?!

Much of that profit has come from real madrid giving spurs £130mil in the space of just two seasons.

Also Ramsey, Coquelin, Hector would count as homegrown just like bentaleb and Rose who where both purchased from france and leeds as youngsters respectively.

Tottenham brought rose at the same age we brought Ramsey!

What Tottenham had was two die hard spurs fans compared to us who only had Mertersacker who not as good as he was. Jack is injured and Gibbs was on the bench.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:14 pm

elkanofan wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Average age starting 11

Don't get your point ?!

Much of that profit has come from real madrid giving spurs £130mil in the space of just two seasons.

Also Ramsey, Coquelin, Hector would count as homegrown just like bentaleb and Rose who where both purchased from france and leeds as youngsters repsectivley.

Well RM paid that much for a reason. Spurs lost two top quality players you barely can't replace as a club like Spurs.

Edit: can not can't
Last edited by Schlandi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Schlandi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Zedie wrote:Honestly, sometimes i get the feeling Schland hates Arsenal more than any other team!

You guys here let me become like this. :crybaby:
Double standards and such an awful amount of arrogance everywhere. :snooty:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Big17 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 pm

elkanofan wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Average age starting 11

Don't get your point ?!

What Tottenham had was two die hard spurs fans compared to us who only had Mertersacker who not as good as he was. Jack is injured and Gibbs was on the bench.

I wouldn't go that far...

Kane (left) celebrating at the Invincible's parade.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15