18/01/15 | Man City 0-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 18/01/15 | Man City 0-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby defcon2005 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:10 am

Callum wrote:Neil Ashton did it and he was the dude who made the 'stealing a living' remarks about Ozil last season. Absolute f***ing cretin.

i think people only see what they want to
there was talk of how shit city were etc and how great chelsea were against what looked to me like a diabolical swansea side?
oscar and costa got 9s for bullying a team that just caved in , and we beat city and got 7s lol
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 am

Negative mode activated. :P

If Welbeck, Wilshere, and Arteta were fit and 100%, we'd have lost this game. Wenger would have fielded:

Ospina
Debuchy - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Arteta
Sanchez - Ramsey - Wilshere - Welbeck
Giroud

:hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:05 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30874748

Here's a neat little analysis from BBC.

And, I'm really gearing up to the idea of Cazorla playing the Xavi role.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

Angelito wrote:

Knew there had to be a silver lining to Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini and Wilshere being injured - Santi is a better CM than all.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 am

Mesüt wrote:StokeFan post a pic of yourself mate xx

This is me the morning after we gave you a kicking at the Brit. Rough hangover even for me!

The funny thing about forums is, you can go back through and read previous posts. You can quickly work out who's a dick and who isn't. You, Mesut, aren't a dick, you seem a decent guy, unlike Callum and Zedie who spent the entire previous vs Stoke threads pointlessly insulting our fans and claiming some sort of refereeing witchhunt and were livid that the most blatant penalty on the planet was actually given against you...

you on the hand, actually said it was clear a penalty and don't seem to spend your time resorting to childish insults.

So, continuing on from the point above... don't turn into one, please :)
StokeFan
Banned

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 am

Callum wrote:

As funny as that photo is, for you Callum, I'm not really sure where the humour is. He's a local fan, supporting his local team... he actually turns up for one. There's some irony when websites like Arseblog, run by fans who, with all due f***ing respect, are born in America and watch on NBC Television, are mocking a bloke who actually turns up to watch his local team.

When did the local fan become the enemy of football eh? Probably around the time clubs like Arsenal and Manchester United started charging ridiculous amounts for their tickets...

Enjoy sitting in your ivory tower mate.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

StokeFan wrote:

This is me the morning after we gave you a kicking at the Brit. Rough hangover even for me!

The funny thing about forums is, you can go back through and read previous posts. You can quickly work out who's a dick and who isn't. You, Mesut, aren't a dick, you seem a decent guy, unlike Callum and Zedie who spent the entire previous vs Stoke threads pointlessly insulting our fans and claiming some sort of refereeing witchhunt and were livid that the most blatant penalty on the planet was actually given against you...

you on the hand, actually said it was clear a penalty and don't seem to spend your time resorting to childish insults.

:cloud9:

Won me over xx
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

Mesüt wrote:
StokeFan wrote:

:cloud9:

Won me over xx

The start of a beautiful friendship! :sneaky2:

For what it's worth, seeing as joining into a thread and not putting an actual opinion is pointless, I will say that you defended superbly against Citeh. Big result as well.

Only two teams haven't conceded against Man Citeh at The Etihad this season...

Arsenal & Stoke... spooky eh?
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

StokeFan wrote:
Callum wrote:

As funny as that photo is, for you Callum, I'm not really sure where the humour is. He's a local fan, supporting his local team... he actually turns up for one. There's some irony when websites like Arseblog, run by fans who, with all due f***ing respect, are born in America and watch on NBC Television, are mocking a bloke who actually turns up to watch his local team.

When did the local fan become the enemy of football eh? Probably around the time clubs like Arsenal and Manchester United started charging ridiculous amounts for their tickets...

Cheers pal, it's pretty comfy up here. Leather seats and everything.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby StokeFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:29 am

Callum wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Callum wrote:

A surprisingly good comeback. Touché.
StokeFan
Banned

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:48 am

Been thinking about it and this was probably the most satisfying performance I've seen since we beat United at OT in '06. I know it isn't the biggest result we've registered, but all in all we were totally efficient and wholly cohesive as a team.

This is the blueprint from here on out.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 am

StokeFan wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Raid wrote:No but seriously, MANY people in football - including pundits as evidenced on MotD2 - don't seem to fully understand the rules when it comes to fouling, they really don't, they're unable to interpret the more subtle situations.

If that is how we're going with this, then it's funny how few people understand rules when it comes to 'fouling' on here. I had a quick through last seasons 1-0 win and the amount of people who believe refs have a problem with you because of that penalty... a blatant penalty against Koscielny.

Are Arsenal becoming the new Liverpool? Always the victim and all that....

I can't and don't speak for others just as they don't speak for me. The last person I point the finger at usually is the ref unless it's an absolutely blatant f**k up (Lampard's "goal" vs. Germany, for example)

When I said "MANY people", yes, that actually includes many of my fellow Arsenal supporters.

Lots of people on here point the finger at the ref the first chance they get IMO rather than just admitting we sucked ass. I'm personally the complete opposite. I look at us first and then the ref. Why? Because we can't control what the ref does but we can control what we do.

I still remember the 4-4 draw against Newcastle where we were 4-0 up and people started blaming the ref. I don't care, even if the ref f***ked up that accounted for 1 maybe 2 goals not 4 - the reason we drew that game, just the same as why we've dropped so many points this season, is because we lacked professionalism.

But it swings both ways. I'm often criticial of my own team but if someone fouls our player I'll call it out and that was a foul.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:55 am

StokeFan wrote:
Callum wrote:
StokeFan wrote:
Callum wrote:

A surprisingly good comeback. Touché.

lol thanks
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:11 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Knew there had to be a silver lining to Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini and Wilshere being injured - Santi is a better CM than all.

i think it depends on the type of CM, at least as far as Ramsey goes.

Ramsey is alot more direct, more like a Frank Lampard, so ultimately which of them is better depends on our tactics and how the rest of the team shapes up. Although yes, it was definitely nice to Santi for once actually get to play in his - you know - PROPER position.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pi ... 12567.html

Doesn't mean much but does beg the question..
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15