28/12/14 | West Ham 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 28/12/14 | West Ham 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Thrilling game great result. Can't really complain about anyone's performance today. Said before the game coq would look good and he did, hopefully will get some starts over flamini now.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: 28/12/14 | West Ham 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Zedie wrote:
Nejch wrote:I wonder what the reactions here would be like, had WHU scored that goal in the last moments of the game (heading the ball 0,5m lower would have done the job). Wenger and the team would have gotten torn apart just like the Liverpool game, but now that we've barely managed not to concede, everything is rosy, the team was spectacular and the manager's substitutions were brilliant. What a great result!

That's what happens when you win games.

Chelsea have been doing this all season and everyone is fapping over them.

Everythings rosy when your winning

Yes, but you have to be consistent about your wins and Chelsea have been winning some big games too, I would be delighted if we barely won 1-2 away playing big teams etc., but we're celebrating a clutch 1-2 win at Upton park ffs.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fas91 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:35 pm

Nejch wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Nejch wrote:I wonder what the reactions here would be like, had WHU scored that goal in the last moments of the game (heading the ball 0,5m lower would have done the job). Wenger and the team would have gotten torn apart just like the Liverpool game, but now that we've barely managed not to concede, everything is rosy, the team was spectacular and the manager's substitutions were brilliant. What a great result!

Yes, but you have to be consistent about your wins and Chelsea have been winning some big games too, I would be delighted if we barely won 1-2 away playing big teams etc., but we're celebrating a clutch 1-2 win at Upton park ffs.

Yeah we should stop celebrating our wins :dizzy:
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Nejch, we are definitely not celebrating anything. I think people are just glad we win. Relieved. Celebrating is different I think. And no one believe that our team and their performancea are great either.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Nejch wrote:
Zedie wrote:

It doesn't matter. West Ham have been flying high and causing all sorts problems this season. We have been struggling on the other hand. Our boys came together and put on a hell of a performance today (apart from finishing) and bagged the points.

We are in a good position in the league and haven't even had a lot of our top players back in full flow yet, plus Jan is round the corner.

You can be depressed about it, leave others to be upbeat about it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Newman123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Fran Solo wrote:I really hate the fact that all goalkeepers, any of them, always have the game of their life when playing against us.

Its not that the keepers are having the games of their life against us its that all of our shots are at the keeper and no one in the team can finish bar walcott,podolsi and sanchez.
Newman123
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Zedie wrote:
Nejch wrote:
Zedie wrote:

It doesn't matter. West Ham have been flying high and causing all sorts problems this season. We have been struggling on the other hand. Our boys came together and put on a hell of a performance today (apart from finishing) and bagged the points.

We are in a good position in the league and haven't even had a lot of our top players back in full flow yet, plus Jan is round the corner.

yeah give us some space to enjoy it until another crap window and some more injuries to make us downbeat again :)
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Fenice » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Newman123 wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:I really hate the fact that all goalkeepers, any of them, always have the game of their life when playing against us.

Its not that the keepers are having the games of their life against us its that all of our shots are at the keeper and no one in the team can finish bar walcott,podolsi and sanchez.

This is the real issue. Sure some amazing saves by keepers, but consistent finishing is a problem.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nejch » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Zedie wrote:It doesn't matter. West Ham have been flying high and causing all sorts problems this season. We have been struggling on the other hand. Our boys came together and put on a hell of a performance today (apart from finishing) and bagged the points.

Good position in the league, eh? 5th place and 13 pts behind the league leaders, it's not like we were top of the league at this time last year, right? Oh wait, we were. :/
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 pm

it's a good 3 pts against a decent club on the road. to speculate that the late header, if 0.5m lower is IN, is bollocks. the gk and at least one other D was there... granted, a bit too close for comfort... but to assume its in... no.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 28/12/14 | West Ham vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:20 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:I will be astonished if we keep a clean sheet today. Petrified of Andy F*cking Carroll ffs, need 2 goals minimum.

ENTER WELBECK not gay

This kid knows his stuff!
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:24 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:I will be astonished if we keep a clean sheet today. Petrified of Andy F*cking Carroll ffs, need 2 goals minimum.

ENTER WELBECK not gay

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Danskin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 pm

We did well today. We looked a threat on the break and we could've finished the game quite easily hadn't it been for Welbeck's miss and some fine saves from Adrian. Coquelin was great and so was Koscielny. Really glad to have him back.

Sanchez. Who said he's tired? He ran his socks off vs QPR and did the same today. He's tireles. What a fantastic player, ******* hell.
Danskin
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby D Rose AFC » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Zenith wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:

ENTER WELBECK not gay

what the f**k is this gif though :rofll:

Alexis FC - Victoria Labore Crescit
D Rose AFC
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Cornish Gooner wrote:Arsenal will have to pull their socks up, if they are to get anything out of this game.

Looks like they have finally pulled their socks up.

I just hope that they don't slip down round their ankles again.

Good result, against an inform team.

Just waiting to see what Wenger does in the January window.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15