26/12/14 | Arsenal 2-1 QPR | Premier League

Re: 26/12/14 | Arsenal vs QPR | Premier League

Postby Cripps » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Just got back. Anyone who dares questioning my love for the club after watching that crap in that weather needs a slap.

Off to the game, left a few minutes later than planned due to FIFA 15 commitments. A few minutes is all it takes whether you miss a train that's empty or get a train that's packed. At least I won my game. It was all downhill from there.

Maybe cos it's xmas, I don't know but people actually started making conversation with me at the station and on the train. Stfu people. I have my headphones on so would like to travel in peace and not be disturbed by pubbers of the community.

Got to Arsenal station with not much hassle, walking to the stadium. See a couple of QPR supporting grandads beating some Arsenal fan. Thought about helping but caught a glimpse of the name on the back of the Arsenal fans top and it said Propa with the 69 so left him to it. God rest his soul.

One thing, surely there must be a law somewhere where people are banned from drinking on trains, the smell was disgusting. Sooner alcohol is banned and prohibition amongst us, the better. Once again england will rise to become one of the greatest instead of being in the dumps as it is now.

Walking to the stadium, fans start singing the Arsenal songs. Really annoying. Bad enough in the stadium but really, do I have to hear it outside? That red army one is the worst. Be creative at least ffs.

Anyway get to the stadium, take my seat and realise the guy next to me is not the usual guy who has been there every home since I got my season ticket. What a plastic. Later learned he was in hospital. Typical excuse.

Got my iPad in one hand and my phone in the other, upper tier as usual very noisy. Not good for my head. Unfortunately I can't get season ticket moved to the quietness of the lower tier but then I won't be able to see shit so we win some and we lose some.

Game starts, got bored rather easily. Started messaging some chick, heard a roar, we have a penalty. Pray for alexis to take it as he's my captain, he doesn't score and I call him every name under the sun.

Notice Flamini having an awesome game once more. Makes me thing and laugh out loud of how naive GW is. Got some weird looks but I ignored them as I went back to messaging.

Sanchez makes up for his miss with a well headed goal, gets a deserved cheer from me.

Half time comes, for the first time ever I go inside as its cold and I go exploring for chicks and chips. Find one, not the other. Got back to my seat and

2nd half starts, more pass pass pass shit. Then Giroud shows why he is truly hated, first too slow to get to the through ball and then headbutts onouha. Ridiculous reaction from the pubber but the red was right and my hatred increases when I realise Welbeck will probably play upfront putting me in a dilemma whether to keep him in my team. Anger softens when I then realise no Giroud for 3 games.

Rosicky, best player in the pitch then gets a well taken goal. Game set and match? Not when you're Arsenal. Penalty given away, Austin steps up. Hoping he scores and he does. Points!!!!

Mert now steps up and becomes the awesome defender we know he is. Well assisted by Monreal. We hold on which was the biggest surprise of the day but it is a time for miracles and we saw one. Game ends, I get to the station within minutes making a mockery of the plastics who left early, one who left at half time and never returned and others with half hour to go.

On we go
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cornish Gooner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Looking at the video, it didn't look like a proper head butt to me where the head goes back and then bang. He just pushed is head into the player who then went down like a sack of spuds. to get him sent off.

Maybe Propa Nutcase should give Giroud some lessons.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Cornish Gooner wrote:Looking at the video, it didn't look like a proper head butt to me where the head goes back and then bang. He just pushed is head into the player who then went down like a sack of spuds. to get him sent off.

Maybe Propa Nutcase should give Giroud some lessons.

That's exactly what it was.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Grouchgooner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Missed the match thanks to family stuff, 3 points is 3 points and from what I've read overall the performance was decent. Good to see Rosy start and get on the scoresheet. No idea what Giroud was thinking, he's gotta know the player's going to act poleaxed ... maybe he's booked a little vacation and just couldn't come up with a decent excuse? He's sure showed the defenders in three upcoming matches he won't be messed with though eh!
Grouchgooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cornish Gooner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Grouchgooner wrote: No idea what Giroud was thinking, he's gotta know the player's going to act poleaxed ... maybe he's booked a little vacation and just couldn't come up with a decent excuse?

or an appointment with his hairdresser. :)
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CukiZeGerman » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:54 pm

This is probably the longest post from Cripps that I've ever seen
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby vermos » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:01 pm

next time we can not afford this stupid mistakes..yes maybe ref was not right all time but still..next game (preview at firstrow) is so important for us and we can not slip there
Last edited by vermos on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vermos
Liam Brady

Postby defcon2005 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:10 pm

vermos wrote:next time we can not afford this stupid mistakes..yes maybe ref was not right all time but still..next game is so important for us and we can not slip there

every game is important and a struggle for us at the moment?
the ref was dead right to send olly off he should grow up a bit
giroud uses these acts of petulance as a smokescreen every time he fks up, he always does it ,,,not fooling anyone....well some i suppose:)
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Re: 26/12/14 | Arsenal 2-1 QPR | Premier League

Postby Zenith » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby defcon2005 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:29 pm

wenger very restrained there he shouldve been in his face screaming at him
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Cripps wrote:Just got back. Anyone who dares questioning my love for the club after watching that crap in that weather needs a slap.

Off to the game, left a few minutes later than planned due to FIFA 15 commitments. A few minutes is all it takes whether you miss a train that's empty or get a train that's packed. At least I won my game. It was all downhill from there.

Maybe cos it's xmas, I don't know but people actually started making conversation with me at the station and on the train. Stfu people. I have my headphones on so would like to travel in peace and not be disturbed by pubbers of the community.

Got to Arsenal station with not much hassle, walking to the stadium. See a couple of QPR supporting grandads beating some Arsenal fan. Thought about helping but caught a glimpse of the name on the back of the Arsenal fans top and it said Propa with the 69 so left him to it. God rest his soul.

One thing, surely there must be a law somewhere where people are banned from drinking on trains, the smell was disgusting. Sooner alcohol is banned and prohibition amongst us, the better. Once again england will rise to become one of the greatest instead of being in the dumps as it is now.

Walking to the stadium, fans start singing the Arsenal songs. Really annoying. Bad enough in the stadium but really, do I have to hear it outside? That red army one is the worst. Be creative at least ffs.

Anyway get to the stadium, take my seat and realise the guy next to me is not the usual guy who has been there every home since I got my season ticket. What a plastic. Later learned he was in hospital. Typical excuse.

Got my iPad in one hand and my phone in the other, upper tier as usual very noisy. Not good for my head. Unfortunately I can't get season ticket moved to the quietness of the lower tier but then I won't be able to see shit so we win some and we lose some.

Game starts, got bored rather easily. Started messaging some chick, heard a roar, we have a penalty. Pray for alexis to take it as he's my captain, he doesn't score and I call him every name under the sun.

Notice Flamini having an awesome game once more. Makes me thing and laugh out loud of how naive GW is. Got some weird looks but I ignored them as I went back to messaging.

Sanchez makes up for his miss with a well headed goal, gets a deserved cheer from me.

Half time comes, for the first time ever I go inside as its cold and I go exploring for chicks and chips. Find one, not the other. Got back to my seat and

2nd half starts, more pass pass pass shit. Then Giroud shows why he is truly hated, first too slow to get to the through ball and then headbutts onouha. Ridiculous reaction from the pubber but the red was right and my hatred increases when I realise Welbeck will probably play upfront putting me in a dilemma whether to keep him in my team. Anger softens when I then realise no Giroud for 3 games.

Rosicky, best player in the pitch then gets a well taken goal. Game set and match? Not when you're Arsenal. Penalty given away, Austin steps up. Hoping he scores and he does. Points!!!!

Mert now steps up and becomes the awesome defender we know he is. Well assisted by Monreal. We hold on which was the biggest surprise of the day but it is a time for miracles and we saw one. Game ends, I get to the station within minutes making a mockery of the plastics who left early, one who left at half time and never returned and others with half hour to go.

On we go

:rofll:

Pure gold. Post should be archived.

Anyway, Rosicky came in and put in a MOTM performance; criminal that he's barely played when fit this season, hopefully Wenger sees sense and at least bumps up his substitute minutes. Upped the tempo, drove us forward, played brilliant through balls and capped it with a well deserved goal.

Sanchez was Sanchez (minus that fuckry penalty), Giroud lost his shit and we just about eked past a woeful QPR at home. Happy for the 3 points but the club is in a state.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:37 am

Really hated that head butt when I first saw it. But now, I think it will be good for Giroud in the long run. He needs to express his emotion more wisely. Well, the thing that annoy me the most is the way he always plays as a nice guy and complains to the ref everytime he's been faulted by the opposition. Today we saw him got out of control with his anger. I believe he will learn something from this incident.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:45 am

We were lucky right at the end.
It was a nailed on penalty for QPR.

Any other ref would have given it
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:47 am

Everything evened things out, their pen was never a foul.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:42 am

Sims wrote:Everything evened things out, their pen was never a foul.

Rio didn't walk for grabbing giroud round the neck. Maybe if he went down like a sack of shit things would have been different.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15