13/12/14 | Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle | Premier League

Re: 13/12/14 | Arsenal V Newcastle | Premier League

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:09 am

Callum wrote:
arsenaltilltheENDbrother wrote:Still anyone laughing about my brother? Keep on hating haters....Giroud till the end...Motm!

You and I have known for some time brother

Others are starting to see the light

Its not that we're starting to see the light .......... its that he's playing better.

There is a difference.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
arsenaltilltheENDbrother wrote:Still anyone laughing about my brother? Keep on hating haters....Giroud till the end...Motm!

Its not that we're starting to see the light .......... its that he's playing better.

There is a difference.

Nothings changed, been playing at a level for a while, in fact this is the same level of performance many have been championing, the change if there was one occured in the break after his first season before his second during that Asiain pre season tour.

Literally playing his textbook game, last year averaging just under 1 in every 2, being top scorer one of the leading creative players was rated second last in the entire squad in player of the year votes,AFC winning inspite of him etc, remember saying how id never heard of a striker who averaged just under 1 in 2 or one who created so many oppurunities in and around the box come under such fire.

This year just under 1 in 2, same game, same strengths same weaknesses. The only thing thats changed is that Arsenal fans have a close refference point.Its easy to dismiss linkup,arieal ability,strength,angled passes,pulling off the defender,drawing defenders,the balance between a brute ariel threat and intricate ground game etc etc when its always present, take it away , wait somethings not quite right.

Eyes are opened, unfortunatly it took an injury for many to see but quite a few people i know have changed tunes, some noticed when he was out and some came to the realization when he came back.He isnt playing at abnormal level he is playing at his leading striker of AFC, French International, rated by Klopp,rated by Wenger level.

Standard
Still not at last seasons level in and around the box with the extra bit of creative sharpness but i have no doubt he'll get there.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:21 am

Omphi93 wrote:
Still not at last seasons level in and around the box with the extra bit of creative sharpness but i have no doubt he'll get there.

He's taking his chances. That is the main difference and is more important than his creativity around the box, etc.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:27 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

He's taking his chances. That is the main difference and is more important than his creativity around the box, etc.

What im saying is that he is not playing at another level, this has BEEN Giroud's level.

Those goals texbook Giroud, if you were to write a book about how he plays and where his strengths are what he does well and doesnt well thats exactly what you are seeing.

He hasnt changed, peoples perception of him has, for the abovementioned reasons.
Last edited by Apollo on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:32 am

Omphi93 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

What im saying is that he is not playing at another level, this has been Giroud level.

Those goals texbook Giroud, if you were to right a book about how he plays and where his strengths what he does well and doesnt well thats exactly what you are seeing.

He hasnt changed peoples perception of him has, for the abovementioned reasons.

I agree. His level of play/style is essentially unchanged, however, the fact that he's now taking chances will obviously enhance one's perception of his performance.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:00 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

What im saying is that he is not playing at another level, this has been Giroud level.

Those goals texbook Giroud, if you were to right a book about how he plays and where his strengths what he does well and doesnt well thats exactly what you are seeing.

He hasnt changed peoples perception of him has, for the abovementioned reasons.

I agree. His level of play/style is essentially unchanged, however, the fact that he's now taking chances will obviously enhance one's perception of his performance.

Again comes back to taking chances he feasts on, no new developments here.Scores some misses some.

Running in on goal not the most confident, time to work his shot not the most confident, one touch finishing, instinctual finishing or comming in on a ball hung up yeah this is his bread and butter and why i say textbook/standard.

More importantly irrespective of scoring there was a change, before he came back when people noticed a change in set up or something missing or when he came back and people noticed certain thing they were familiar with.Something about not knowing what you've got and so on.

But it doesnt need to be a serious discussion,let the good times roll.Minority view has been steadily shifting.Good times

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 am

Looks ridiculously smooth from this angle.

Santi even though your contribution is often underrated you are appreciated man.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:15 am

Omphi, what's wrong with full sentences?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:22 am

Angelito wrote:Omphi, what's wrong with full sentences?

I don't know? Havent heard that one, tell me.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby AFC10 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:25 am

Loooool Dripps and co. be like............. Say nothing. Mugs.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 am

Omphi93 wrote:

Nit-picking - since you went longer than your usual post length in your precious posts substantiating Giroud's strengths, wouldn't be ideal to use full sentences - especially in longer posts? :P

You usually don't exceed a paragraph, so it's all fun - but in longer posts, it kinda twirls me.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:43 am

Angelito wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

Nit-picking - since you went longer than your usual post length in your precious posts substantiating Giroud's strengths, wouldn't be ideal to use full sentences - especially in longer posts? :P

You usually don't exceed a paragraph, so it's all fun - but in longer posts, it kinda twirls me.

Thought you were setting up to tell a joke, dammit man.
Hope it stops twirling you, sounds painful.

Starts with a Capital letter ends with a full stop, complete.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 am

I think you've mistaken what I mean or have taken it a bit to far.

I said he's "playing better" not that his level as a player has increased or that he's become a super striker he's simply playing well, now with what Giroud does (poaches for goals) him playing better is as Vavavoom pointed out ........ taking his chances.

Yes these goal mouth opportunities in the box from crosses are typical Giroud so no change there but that shot he did 2-3 games ago wasn't typical Giroud and he's also being a bit more mobile popping up in different areas of the pitch.

But I would suggest caution as per usual people (Giroud fans) are celebrating way to early, lets see over the next few games if he A) keeps it up and B) doesn't start messing up chances and looking to the sky's cursing out God again.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenaltilltheENDbrother » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:21 am

Callum wrote:

Absolutely brother...actually they should apologize but i don't expect anything.
You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be
arsenaltilltheENDbrother
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Luzh 22 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:07 am

When Giroud produces week in, week out, I'll change my opinion. Given his performance against Stoke, and his performance yesterday, I hardly hold him up as a paragon of consistency just yet.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15