26/11/14 | Arsenal 2-0 B Dortmund | Champions League

Re: 26/11/14 | Arsenal vs B Dortmund | Champions League

Postby Callum » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:33 am

Mesüt wrote:Tbf, if they''re coming from so far away why would you come to a midweek game? You know you will have work the next day when you buy the ticket, just stay til the end or don't come ffs. I hate it. I don't even put my f***ing coat on til the final whistle goes, Arsenal uniform aloud and proud til the last.

#HardcoreFanWinnerOne

I'd imagine it's probably because cup and low-key Champions League matches are easier to get tickets to. If you love Arsenal but never get to go, but then an opportunity arises to go see a game midweek, you'd probably take it right? If you have a long journey back then you skip out a couple of minutes early to make your life a lot easier.

I really don't get the anger from you lot towards people in these circumstances. You're all lucky enough to live in London and relatively close to the stadium; you have no right to criticize others who might travel for hours just to see Arsenal play.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:45 am

Train to Manchester takes 1hr 45 mins.

Depending on the stupid every 10 mins DLR from Bank, it takes me around an hour to get home to East London. Not that big of a diff? Do we have lots of Scottish fans? :P
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Mesüt wrote:Train to Manchester takes 1hr 45 mins.

Depending on the stupid every 10 mins DLR from Bank, it takes me around an hour to get home to East London. Not that big of a diff? Do we have lots of Scottish fans? :P

I'm not sure how regular trains are but leaving five minutes earlier and getting on the tube can be the difference between getting an earlier train or a later one. I know that when I leave from St. Pancras heading north there are slow trains and fast trains so it makes a big difference which one you get.

Any, my point is that you don't know everybody's circumstances so don't be judgmental when getting home for you is so easy in comparison.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Zedie wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Raid wrote:If it was the odd fan leaving because they have a longer journey I could understand but the amount that appeared to leave just because the game was won is shameful. Pisses me off that they take tickets away from more committed fans.

Quite agree.

Cant fault it tbf.

It's practically 60% of the stadium. I know people have busy lives but come on, I bet the majority of those people leave early to avoid the Finsbury Park scrum.

It's part and parcel of going to a massive event, there will always be queueing involved so just make peace with it if you are going to go.

This

All part of the match day experience
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Where's the West Brom thread?? games on tomorrow.

That fkin Massa's useless! :snooty:
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Mesüt wrote:Tbf, if they''re coming from so far away why would you come to a midweek game? You know you will have work the next day when you buy the ticket, just stay til the end or don't come ffs. I hate it. I don't even put my f***ing coat on til the final whistle goes, Arsenal uniform aloud and proud til the last.

#HardcoreFanWinnerOne

This

I
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DJ X-Ray » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:09 pm

It's not like peeps have to do it everday though is it? I don't even think about work when i'm at football. Being tired for one day is minor. If anything man up.
Warning: Heavy sarcasm may be present
DJ X-Ray
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Leshin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Lucky Wenger: Dortmund didn't bother to turn up! They know they've won the group so no need to work hard for points they don't need.
Good job Wilshyte didn't play. Next we need Ramshit to go: he's only interested in being the golden boy now.
We need Ozil to stay injured too as he doesn't want to be here; he's got his money and now just wants to party!
When Wenger goes the next manager can get rid of all the crap and start again!
Leshin
Liam Brady

Postby D Rose AFC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Leshin wrote:Lucky Wenger: Dortmund didn't bother to turn up! They know they've won the group so no need to work hard for points they don't need.
Good job Wilshyte didn't play. Next we need Ramshit to go: he's only interested in being the golden boy now.
We need Ozil to stay injured too as he doesn't want to be here; he's got his money and now just wants to party!

what an inspiring post.
Sanshitz or Alexshits
Welshit or Shitbeck
Walshit or Shitcott
Kosshitly or Shitcielny
Roshitcky
Shitlade-Chambershit (my favorite)

everybody in our squad is shit huh

Alexis FC - Victoria Labore Crescit
D Rose AFC
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Callum wrote:

#HardcoreFanWinnerOne

I'd imagine it's probably because cup and low-key Champions League matches are easier to get tickets to. If you love Arsenal but never get to go, but then an opportunity arises to go see a game midweek, you'd probably take it right? If you have a long journey back then you skip out a couple of minutes early to make your life a lot easier.

I really don't get the anger from you lot towards people in these circumstances. You're all lucky enough to live in London and relatively close to the stadium; you have no right to criticize others who might travel for hours just to see Arsenal play.

Excuse me, we don't all have the privilege of living in London. I have a hours train ride away but I never leave early and I manage to get the train home in time.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Smitty_AFC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Leshin wrote:Lucky Wenger: Dortmund didn't bother to turn up! They know they've won the group so no need to work hard for points they don't need.

possibly the worst post i've seen in my short time here...
- dortmund haven't won the group yet. if they lose vs anderlecht & we beat galatasaray, then we actually win the group.

- the rest of your post doesn't even warrant a proper respsonse.
Smitty_AFC
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Caluminium » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm

D Rose AFC wrote:

what an inspiring post.
Sanshitz or Alexshits
Welshit or Shitbeck
Walshit or Shitcott
Kosshitly or Shitcielny
Roshitcky
Shitlade-Chambershit (my favorite)

everybody in our squad is shit huh

Arshitnal FC
Caluminium
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:52 am

No thread for west brom when the game is starting in just under 11 hours?!
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:58 pm

John Ozil wrote:the injury to Reus means we might be able to get a draw 2-2

Reus played at home to arsenal last season when we won 1-0 with a ramsey header
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Giroud is a must for this game.

Welbeck is a must for the the bench for this one, so that he can run around in the second half when we run out of gas. ATM only his running is in good form.

Walcott is a must start for this one.

Podolski should get the nod on the left.

Fear for Arteta in this game. Dortmund press like crazy and play at a high tempo which is where Arteta gets exposed.

Arteta played in the 2-1 home win in 11/12 and the 1-0 win in dortmund last season
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15