22/11/14 | Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd | Premier League

Re: 22/11/14 | Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd | Premier League

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:17 am

VCC wrote:its just a cop out so he can hold onto his cash its all about the money and lack of spend .................................I am positive that is every seasons agenda how little AW says he needs to invest keeps him in his job he will never lose it until the CL money dries up

if thats the case, then its stupid......you make far more money when you are successful. I think its just unqualified people protecting their position. We have Gazidis and Chip.....do they strike you are great football minds?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 am

gooney wrote:
VCC wrote:its just a cop out so he can hold onto his cash its all about the money and lack of spend .................................I am positive that is every seasons agenda how little AW says he needs to invest keeps him in his job he will never lose it until the CL money dries up

if thats the case, then its stupid......you make far more money when you are successful. I think its just unqualified people protecting their position. We have Gazidis and Chip.....do they strike you are great football minds?

I think minds are left at the gate by our management
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:31 am

VCC wrote:
gooney wrote:

Sadly it has to get much much worse before it gets better. I hope some of our fans are emotionally prepared for this. Even though i do want them to fail miserably, I know we will come back. we are too big of a club not to with the finance, stadium and location we are in. Sad thing is if our fans was offered right now no trophies but we secure 4th on the last day.....90% would take it. Our fear of starting over has lead to acceptance of mediocrity
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:34 am

gooney wrote:
VCC wrote:
gooney wrote:

Sadly it has to get much much worse before it gets better. I hope some of our fans are emotionally prepared for this. Even though i do want them to fail miserably, I know we will come back. we are too big of a club not to with the finance, stadium and location we are in. Sad thing is if our fans was offered right now no trophies but we secure 4th on the last day.....90% would take it. Our fear of starting over has lead to acceptance of mediocrity

so true
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:37 am

when we left Highbury we were in such great shape with little shuffling of expenses we could have been a European superpower the sad fact is AW thinks we are
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:45 am

VCC wrote:when we left Highbury we were in such great shape with little shuffling of expenses we could have been a European superpower the sad fact is AW thinks we are

Absoluetly. But they did an unbelievable job convincing people they were poor for many years. That cant fly any more. we have the finance and the facilities to be top 5 minimum in the world.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: 22/11/14 | Arsenal vs Man Utd | Premier League

Postby Lateral » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:37 am

Cornish Gooner wrote:What would'nt I give to go back to the George Grahame day's of boring Arsenal. One nil wins, week in, week out.

At least we were winning with a defence as tight ad a ducks arse, and that's water tight.

we did exactly the same last year and almost everyone on this forum was complaining about how boring and clueless we were
Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 6 August 2017 and haven't won a big game since 8 March 2018.
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 am

Lateral wrote:
Cornish Gooner wrote:What would'nt I give to go back to the George Grahame day's of boring Arsenal. One nil wins, week in, week out.

At least we were winning with a defence as tight ad a ducks arse, and that's water tight.

we did exactly the same last year and almost everyone on this forum was complaining about how boring and clueless we were

Oh?

Then why did we ship 6 goals to City, 6 to Chelsea, 5 to Liverpool, and 3 to Everton?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 am

Lateral wrote:

Cept we sold 3 of our defenders and only replaced 2. #Progress
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cornish Gooner » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 am

Lateral wrote:

I would rather be boring and winning than flamboyant and losing.

All great teams are built from the back. Remember, Wenger inherited a great and sound defence.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gould » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:06 am

Was it just me that thought that shez cost us the 1st goal came out to far hoping for something to do, poor punch made himself look a bellend and gibbs gets the bad press
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Lateral » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:09 am

Gould wrote:Was it just me that thought that shez cost us the 1st goal came out to far hoping for something to do, poor punch made himself look a bellend and gibbs gets the bad press

Szcz is one of the worst keepers in the league and it still amazes me that Wenger let Fabianski warm the bench for him
Arsenal haven't won a trophy since 6 August 2017 and haven't won a big game since 8 March 2018.
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Lateral » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Lateral wrote:

Oh?

Then why did we ship 6 goals to City, 6 to Chelsea, 5 to Liverpool, and 3 to Everton?
because we were over-ambitious in these big games. in all the other games we played it safe and simple and people were complaining very, very much
Lateral
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Schlandi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:40 am

Rooney became the dude who scored the most goals against Arsenal in the PL yesterday (has scored 11 times against us now) and overtook Robbie Fowler (10) followed by Drogba and Sheringham (both 8).

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:50 am

Lateral wrote:
Gould wrote:Was it just me that thought that shez cost us the 1st goal came out to far hoping for something to do, poor punch made himself look a bellend and gibbs gets the bad press

Szcz is one of the worst keepers in the league and it still amazes me that Wenger let Fabianski warm the bench for him

Schezny talks a very good game, but every season his saving % is one of the lowest in the league. he makes alot of error and wins people over with few saves where he throws him on the ball. His basic keeping and decision making is questionable
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15