09/11/14 | Swansea 2-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 09/11/14 | Swansea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 am

Maradonaitis wrote:
gooney wrote:
Fas91 wrote:Injuries destroy us every season :BangHead:

~We have 2 defenders injured....and a striker. Thats not injury crisis. When you enter the season with 6 senior defenders and to actual CBs....then you are playing with fire

Gooney you know better.
We have "at least" 4 undisputed starters injured:
Debuchy (The most important one and the reason our defense look so shit atm)
Arteta
Ozil
Giroud.

that is super important. it is not an excuse, its a reality.

It's not an injury crisis. Last year we had injury crisis, this is nothing. Our depth is fine anywhere but defence, we have Wenger to thank for that.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Schlandi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 am

"Injury crisis" LOL

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:57 am

Even if it was an injury crisis I couldn't care less. We have one every year, plan for it rather than planning excuses.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:02 am

It's not a crisis, we have 2 injuries, Wenger just needs to play his best team instead of saving Bellerin or whatever he thinks he's doing.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:39 am

Maradonaitis wrote:
gooney wrote:
Fas91 wrote:Injuries destroy us every season :BangHead:

~We have 2 defenders injured....and a striker. Thats not injury crisis. When you enter the season with 6 senior defenders and to actual CBs....then you are playing with fire

Gooney you know better.
We have "at least" 4 undisputed starters injured:
Debuchy (The most important one and the reason our defense look so shit atm)
Arteta
Ozil
Giroud.

that is super important. it is not an excuse, its a reality.

We have 6 senior defenders and thats including Chambers. 2 are injured and thats our crisis. The idea that we are struggling because we had no arteta, giroud and ozil is laughable.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:27 pm

it is a crisis

but its because of our own managers making. as gooney says, 6 defenders for 4 positions is a joke, especially when 1 of those 6 doesn't know his position, is inexperienced and is 19.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Shambles

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Cripps wrote:We've hit rock bottom.

No. Not yet.

It may be close to rock bottom, but i have feared, and am now pretty certain that rock bottom will arrive in the shape of

RVP
Rooney
Di Maria
and anyone else that Van Gaal thinks will be up for hammering the WORST, repeat, the WORST Arsenal defence I have EVER seen in the 43 years that I am supporting them.

It's utterly unbelievable that one of the biggest sporting clubs ON THE PLANET in terms of revenue is being mismanaged in this way.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rony_henry » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:35 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:It's not a crisis, we have 2 injuries, Wenger just needs to play his best team instead of saving Bellerin or whatever he thinks he's doing.

It's not a crisis because it was predictable. You can't start a season without backups.
rony_henry
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:37 pm

jonblaze85 wrote:just heard David Beckham 'Brooklyn Beckham' son will be joining arsenal youth team. Wenger will probably freeze himself in a time chamber for a couple years more to work with him and his other siblings.

......and I hear Posh has said that it's not going to happen as she wants her son playing at a football team which has people who understand the modern game.....

Honestly, Victoria Beckham woud do a better job at managing Arsenal at the moment than Arsene Wenger.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsebandit » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
jonblaze85 wrote:just heard David Beckham 'Brooklyn Beckham' son will be joining arsenal youth team. Wenger will probably freeze himself in a time chamber for a couple years more to work with him and his other siblings.

......and I hear Posh has said that it's not going to happen as she wants her son playing at a football team which has people who understand the modern game.....

Honestly, Victoria Beckham woud do a better job at managing Arsenal at the moment than Arsene Wenger.

:-) Exactly.

Lets dig up old queen victoria as she'd be more use than wenger
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yago » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Just saw the highlights. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but still... The first goal is just class from Sigurdsson (yeah, we were probably to naive looking at the space on that counter, but how often is a free kick from that distance a goal?), but it looks like we just fell apart for that 2nd goal. Montero gets past Chambers like he did the whole game, and Monreal isn't strong enough to keep off Gomis. What worries me most though is the lack of chances created at the other end. Walcott who couldn't control a ball, and that was about it in the 2end half (except from the goal following a counter).

2 things though:
- Was Sanchez that good this game? He wasn't in the first half anyway..
- What's it with Ramsey's low ratings? He wasn't bad in the first half, did some good things, great volley just before half time... Was he just crap in the 2nd half, or is it because we lost and it's popular to hate on him again?
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 pm

aniym wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:I'd like to point out that once again Cazorla was permitted to start and remain on the pitch despite doing fu*k all.

He was terrible today but until Ozil comes back he's all we got in that position.

This is the crux of what fked me off before the injury, you say all we have is Cazorla until Ozil comes back at CAM, yet when he was fit Wenger only played him there for two fkin games.

Both of which we won and were our best performances this season probably.

It just goes to show even when he has the players Wenger finds a way to fk things up, we can't win with stuff like that going on.

Actually from what I remember of NBC's starting lineup graphic, Caz was on the wing, with Alexis playing behind Welbz. They may have changed formation during the game, but it was definitely Alexis behind Welbeck and not Cazorla.

Cazorla and Sanchez rotated positions throughout the game.

Cazorla actually ended up centrally for most of the 2nd half.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Cornish Gooner » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:45 pm

It's a fecking shambles.

Other teams must be pissing themslves laughing.
Cornish Gooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Tbf United are even worse than us really. Their defence is somehow even more shite than ours and they've spent £16m for a player with a bruk up knee for one season.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 am

Sims wrote:Tbf United are even worse than us really. Their defence is somehow even more shite than ours and they've spent £16m for a player with a bruk up knee for one season.

With no Koscielny we have no defence....United are sh1t, but they have better strikers than us and I can see them hurting us on the counter even if we score first. They are a good team and as long as they have good tactics they will beat us
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2014-15