Kelechi Nwakali joins Huesca

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Kelechi Nwakali joins Huesca

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:18 am

According to African Football.com, "Arsenal are about to sign two highly promising Nigerian talents. Kelechi Nwakali, an attacking midfielder who won the Golden Ball award at the FIFA under-17 World Cup last year and who is often compared to Yaya Toure, is now on his way to sign for the Gunners. Nigerian forward Samuel Chukwueze, who also played […]"

I'll take the new Yaya Toure..
Last edited by Dai_Dillinger on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:20 am

More from the Daily Mirror:

"Arsenal are set to beat Bayern Munich to two Nigerian starlets, said to be among the most talented youngsters in world football.

Kelechi Nwakali and Samuel Chukwueze were on the radar of the Bavarians, but Arsene Wenger's side have stolen a march, according to The Times.

The pair will reportedly cost a minimum of £3million as a combined fee.

Nwakali was the star turn in the FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile last November, captaining Nigerian to victory and being voted as the tournament's MVP".
"I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise" - King Thierry
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Welsh Gunner » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:37 am

Excellent
Welsh Gunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Considering that they are Nigerians, you can add 3 to 4 years on top of their official reported age.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Considering that they are Nigerians, you can add 3 to 4 years on top of their official reported age.

Haha can't blame them, such are the conditions in the developing/third world. Have been back in Pakistan over the last year and none of the villagers around our house know their own age, quite sad to be honest.
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Mike Dean wrote:Considering that they are Nigerians, you can add 3 to 4 years on top of their official reported age.

Since both players are still minors and, thus growing a simple bone density scan (DXA) would clear them from any potential future accusations. Pretty sure it's already been done as precuation afer the Joseph Minala case. He too was falsely accused because he happened to look older than he was.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Big fan of both.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Zenith wrote:

Since both players are still minors and, thus growing a simple bone density scan (DXA) would clear them from any potential future accusations. Pretty sure it's already been done as precuation afer the Joseph Minala case. He too was falsely accused because he happened to look older than he was.

Still adamant he's about 45 years old with a mortgage who just got a divorce. He looks like he's seen some shit
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby elkanofan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Dai_Dillinger wrote:

Haha can't blame them, such are the conditions in the developing/third world. Have been back in Pakistan over the last year and none of the villagers around our house know their own age, quite sad to be honest.

its everywhere in Africa this happens, apparently Asamoah Gyan is like 36!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Kelechi Nwakali is a huge talent imo. I really liked how he played in the U17 world cup. Really smart player who seems like a leader.....Im glad we are signing more africans. we have become too white lately
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Prefer our Kelechi. Problem is that he's probably 24 as well. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dai_Dillinger » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Prefer our Kelechi. Problem is that he's probably 24 as well. :lol:

Iheanacho looks the goods - should be getting more minutes ahead of Bony
Dai_Dillinger
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby weaponx57 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Oh great more freaking nigerians....i live in that country and i don't want them to come to Arsenal....they are a very money orientated people....rather they go to Man City.

They all like " to play for arsenal is my dream" but along comes someone who offers more money and off they go and then they retract and say they didn't mean it.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:36 pm

weaponx57 wrote:Oh great more freaking nigerians....i live in that country and i don't want them to come to Arsenal....they are a very money orientated people....rather they go to Man City.

They all like " to play for arsenal is my dream" but along comes someone who offers more money and off they go and then they retract and say they didn't mean it.

Its not that they are very money oriented that is the problem. Its that they are not enough pc to hide it. I mean English players are the most money hungry players out there like rooney/walcott. Theo always holds the club ransom by playing well when he wants new contract and delay it as long as possible. Then as soon as he gets the money goes back to being sh1t
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cripps » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Theo must be getting a new contract soon then.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to World Football