Arsenal 3-1 West Ham | Premier League 15/04/14

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham | Premier League 15/04/14

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:have to say im pleased with girouds and podolskis contribution today. It still hasnt changed my mind on their quality but both had vital contributions. Vermaelen was quality and i hope he stays

This is what some of us or saying, Giroud is to limited to play up front on his own, he is only good in the box and Podolski is not a lone striker but is the best finisher in the team.

Together in a partnership may be the only way of getting the goals we need ....... until Wenger buy's us a striker who is capable of doing it on his own.

But hey ho, I'm not going to keep on about it, its up to Wenger to get the best out of his team.

the only problem is that we haven't got the midfield to play 442 our wide players

We don't have to play 4-4-2, we don't even have to change our formation.

The CAM position is effectively the same area on the pitch as a CF who play's behind the ST.

Its a simple case of switching Cazorla and Podolski's positions, even just to give it a go for a half.

fair enough you've convinced me
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby HeSaidHisNameWasPorter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:14 pm

I will never ever tire of watching that Giroud take and finish . I hope I'll still see it 10 years from now . That was one out of the Bergkamp box of tricks . The Holland Argentina semi strike .
He's got his detractors , me included , but bloody hell that was magnificent .
HeSaidHisNameWasPorter
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:have to say im pleased with girouds and podolskis contribution today. It still hasnt changed my mind on their quality but both had vital contributions. Vermaelen was quality and i hope he stays

This is what some of us or saying, Giroud is to limited to play up front on his own, he is only good in the box and Podolski is not a lone striker but is the best finisher in the team.

Together in a partnership may be the only way of getting the goals we need ....... until Wenger buy's us a striker who is capable of doing it on his own.

But hey ho, I'm not going to keep on about it, its up to Wenger to get the best out of his team.

the only problem is that we haven't got the midfield to play 442 our wide players

The CAM position is effectively the same area on the pitch as a CF who play's behind the ST.

Its a simple case of switching Cazorla and Podolski's positions, even just to give it a go for a half.

Fair point.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm

El Donkey had a very good game today bar the first 20 mins with those two chances.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal 3-1 West Ham | Premier League 15/04/14

Postby ts23237 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:57 pm

I think the silent MOTM was Vermaelen at LB. Whenever I saw him bombing forward it made sense, he was never out of position. I'd say sell Nacho, have Verms and Gibbs competing for LB and buy a centre back, sign Sagna up and we have our defense sorted for next season.
ts23237
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 pm

ts23237 wrote:I think the silent MOTM was Vermaelen at LB. Whenever I saw him bombing forward it made sense, he was never out of position. I'd say sell Nacho, have Verms and Gibbs competing for LB and buy a centre back, sign Sagna up and we have our defense sorted for next season.

Yeah, I was really impressed with him. I know a lot of our attacking play can come from the full-backs pushing forward but it was great to have someone sit in that position and keep it very solid on that flank. I know Downing isn't the best of wingers but he hardly had a chance to do anything because Vermaelen was positionally disciplined and he seemed to get forward at good times whilst the likes of Gibbs and Monreal do get found out occasionally.

I've always liked Vermaelen and his versatility is one of the key reasons why I hope he stays.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Can anyone post videos or a gif of the goals here?
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:Can anyone post videos or a gif of the goals here?

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:29 pm

Callum wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:Can anyone post videos or a gif of the goals here?

Thanks! Where do you find these?
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Angelito wrote:Inside the box, there's no more a dangerous player than Podolski. The guy is sooooooo clinical.

After the tepid 1st half, we did well. We weren't great but we scored and that's all that matters. Verms was superb at LB. Ramsey was lively like ever and he's slowly making a big name for himself.

I wouldn't go that far. He's still very one-footed and that hinders his game.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Özil is back this weekend so the chance to play 2 upfront has gone for this season IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 am

Callum wrote:
ts23237 wrote:I think the silent MOTM was Vermaelen at LB. Whenever I saw him bombing forward it made sense, he was never out of position. I'd say sell Nacho, have Verms and Gibbs competing for LB and buy a centre back, sign Sagna up and we have our defense sorted for next season.

Yeah, I was really impressed with him. I know a lot of our attacking play can come from the full-backs pushing forward but it was great to have someone sit in that position and keep it very solid on that flank. I know Downing isn't the best of wingers but he hardly had a chance to do anything because Vermaelen was positionally disciplined and he seemed to get forward at good times whilst the likes of Gibbs and Monreal do get found out occasionally.

I've always liked Vermaelen and his versatility is one of the key reasons why I hope he stays.

+2. Personally, i think he was our best defender today. Proper solid, even if he didnt create the danger Gibbs or Mon would
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:06 am

GSK_AFC wrote:Özil is back this weekend so the chance to play 2 upfront has gone for this season IMO.

Got this far and zoned out
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 am

Diaby24AFC wrote:Thanks! Where do you find these?

Reddit. They're posted in the match threads.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/234106/match_thread_arsenal_vs_west_ham/
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ellimist » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:09 am

At least someone is using the Gfycat tags. With the amount of football gifs on here here, I figured it would be used more often.
Bitcoin - 1Lu7GztP9YyJdt9Zt3hEaXjcAkgQZNuVLC
Ellimist
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14