Wigan 1-1 Arsenal (2-4 pens) | The FA Cup 12/04/14

Re: Wigan 1-1 Arsenal (4-2 pens) | The FA Cup 12/04/14

Postby Zedie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:45 pm

defcon2005 wrote:well done to afc yesterday for getting over the line .
couldnt help feeling a little sad today though watching liverpool edge closer to the title and thinking with a better more dynamic manager it could have been us??
just a note on the podolski substitution...if i were him and got taken off instead of a palyer not even up to pub team standard (sanogo, sorry but he will never make it) i would be packing my suitcase that very evening

That pub team player contributed significantly more than your boy pod.

Hes had 6 starts for his new club, 80% in high pressure games.

Youngsters being castigated for not being instantly WC is a standard trend nowadays down the Arsenal.

If you take out the whole 'should have bought a striker' angst to his performance, you'd probably have noticed he got himself into some great positions but like most youngsters starting out, he was too eager to take his chances.

I remember when Song was never going to make it

Ramsey was done after the leg break

Heard stories about Adams mixed start to his career

id give him a few more games before writing him off
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: Wigan vs Arsenal | The FA Cup 12/04/14

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:

I hope those fans are the Arsenal fans who don't sing at games and just groan and boo every mistake . 50,000 tickets sold to "fans" who don't say a f***ing word. Jesus wish I could afford to go to more games, I'd sing my f***ing heart out win, draw or lose.

Sorry, I call bullshit on that. I was there and I was singing my heart out all f***ing game and was with a lot of fellow Gooners who were doing the same. There was serious passion there, so much that we were all embracing each other at the end. I will not stand by and let a lie like that go without a response from someone who was there.

You know the comment was in general. Of course some fans are going to shout, but during the game most were sat down the entire game moaning and groaning.

Go and watch Crystal Palace and their ultra section to see what proper fans are like. The look at the Arsenal section at Wembley.

If you honestly think our support (mainly home) is anything near being good then you haven't been to Highbury or proper football grounds with proper football fans who actually sing.

The comment wasn't targeted at specific individuals just general atmosphere at Arsenal games.

Even so, Today at Wembley we were making an atmosphere in both tiers and I will not have lies about the fans who attended and sang their hearts out being spread without a proper correction from one who was actually there.

I don't want us to become like ultras, they just do choreographed unnatural crap and use drums and other instruments to cover up for their own inability to let their support come naturally as we did at Wembley.

I'm not saying our home fans are good, I'm saying that today we were singing all match and making an atmosphere.

I think your missing the point and taking it out of context. Today was used as an example of the majority of our support (particularly at home) resembling more of an audience at the theater rather than a football match.

Anyhow, perhaps our definition of atmosphere differs. I don't really consider atmosphere as a few claps and the odd "come on Arsenal" chant from minority fans being atmosphere. The only time I actually continually heard the Arsenal section today was when we had equalized and during the penalties. I'm more a fan of continual support regardless of the current scoreline.

It's sort of like glory hunting. You only support the team when they win, and you only sing when they are winning.

Again this in general not specific to one game or certain individuals as of course there are always going to be loud, vocal supporters, although they're like fish in the ocean. You can't hear them above the groans of the upper-class sharks.

I went to Dortmund away two seasons ago and Roma away a few years back, and the atmosphere they create is unbelievable. When you return for a match at the Emirates, it is just embarrassing. I really suggest you go to a European game away, and then maybe your opinion of good atmosphere will change.

https://twitter.com/Alex_OxChambo/statu ... 3878005760

The Ox appears to disagree with you.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... go-through

Proves my point? Never trust what you hear on tv, trust those who were there.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 pm

AFC10 wrote:
gooney wrote:Our players are morons of the highest order. after they beat spurs, they acted like they won the league and started to take selfies. then they didnt win for ages, and one lucky win yesterday and the selfies comes out again. Someone need to tell these fools act more professional and stop embarrassing the club

Lol deary me. Loads have players have been doing it lately, even the hull players did it today. There's even a song that's just come out about a selfie, it's nothing serious at all just a bit of fun. Get a grip.

Got to agree with gooney here, its tasteless, classless and their behaving like a bunch of attention seeking children, its down right immature and not something you'd ever catch winners like Zidane or Bergkamp doing.

They are an embarrassment to themselves, the Chelsea players taking the mick out of them when they beat us saying "What no selfies today?" quite frankly there was no comeback from that because they were right.

I hate to say this especially as it looks like we'll be ending our trophy drought after nigh on a decade but we're becoming the joke of the premiership and that's a hard thing for me to say about a club I've supported for 28 years.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Zedie wrote:
defcon2005 wrote:well done to afc yesterday for getting over the line .
couldnt help feeling a little sad today though watching liverpool edge closer to the title and thinking with a better more dynamic manager it could have been us??
just a note on the podolski substitution...if i were him and got taken off instead of a palyer not even up to pub team standard (sanogo, sorry but he will never make it) i would be packing my suitcase that very evening

That pub team player contributed significantly more than your boy pod.

Hes had 6 starts for his new club, 80% in high pressure games.

Youngsters being castigated for not being instantly WC is a standard trend nowadays down the Arsenal.

If you take out the whole 'should have bought a striker' angst to his performance, you'd probably have noticed he got himself into some great positions but like most youngsters starting out, he was too eager to take his chances.

I remember when Song was never going to make it

Ramsey was done after the leg break

Heard stories about Adams mixed start to his career

id give him a few more games before writing him off

Sanogo may become very good player. But no big team in Europe plays a player this raw. He is basically learning his trade in our first team. Just as Song did and just because those those players you mentioned became good players. they are also the reason why we are trophy less in 9 years.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby prolific » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Sanogo wasn't the problem. He has enough about him already to be put into that sort of game so long as those around him look after him but Pod done f**k all until he got pumped up having beaten a man for the first time in who knows how long. Akpom would have done better out wide to be honest. Santi looked lost. Rambo and Ox were good. Attack was dysfunctional so when Arteta says they had to suffer its because some of them brought it on themselves and those around them! Artetas legs are gone. He'll have the odd good game and thats it.
Last edited by prolific on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:01 pm

No1Fan wrote:A-F is one of the most boring posters on this forum. He complains all the time, looks for the worst undoubtedly if we win the fa cup he will find a way of playing it down and transforming it into a wenger out agenda.

Its weird because he believes that writing long winded, monotonous diatribes against wenger counts as a well thought out argument. To me it all points to someone who is depressed. Cant even acknowledge the good even when its staring you in the face.

I dont think anyone cares if you want to win accolades, just put wenger out in you sig and contribute something to this forum other than wenger this wenger that.

LOL
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Handbags down lads.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:03 pm

prolific wrote:Sanogo wasn't the problem. He has enough about him already to be put into that sort of game so long as those around him look after him but Pod done f**k all until he got pumped up having beaten a man. Akpom would have done better out wide to be honest. Santi looked lost. Rambo and Ox were good.

this for all the criticism ive seen directed at sanogo.

Podolski for example was woeful and completely non existent and showed very little fight and santi's only good contribution was his penalty.

Yes sanogo is raw but who cares. We all know that to sign a world class striker it will cost a heap i see nothing wrong in trying to develop your own.

Sturridge 4 years ago was not a good finisher at all, he has learnt and look at him now. I see no reason why sanogo shouldnt be given a chance. Im only a bit dissapointed that akpom isnt been given a chance either.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 pm

No1Fan wrote:
prolific wrote:Sanogo wasn't the problem. He has enough about him already to be put into that sort of game so long as those around him look after him but Pod done f**k all until he got pumped up having beaten a man. Akpom would have done better out wide to be honest. Santi looked lost. Rambo and Ox were good.

Podolski for example was woeful and completely non existent and showed very little fight and santi's only good contribution was his penalty.

Yes sanogo is raw but who cares. We all know that to sign a world class striker it will cost a heap i see nothing wrong in trying to develop your own.

Sturridge 4 years ago was not a good finisher at all, he has learnt and look at him now. I see no reason why sanogo shouldnt be given a chance. Im only a bit dissapointed that akpom isnt been given a chance either.

Even though I've backed Sanogo from the start (prob because I was so desperate to see the back of Giroud) my issue when I'm viewing our strikers is that I'm just sick of lamp posts.

We need a mobile striker with pace, for a cheap alternative Sturridge could of been great for us.

I'm so desperate for a mobile striker at this point I'd be willing to throw Ox up front although that's prob not the answer ........ its what Barca did with Messi though.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:09 pm

No1Fan wrote:

Buying and developing can be done together. And Sturridge was at Bolton 4 years ago which got a lot of attention so no, he was a good finisher then.

Sanogo needs to be lifted by his team mates but a fair few of them are useless!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Callum wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I can see Arsene fans getting more and more agitated and desperate with every step liverpool is taking towards the title lol.

And you get more boring with every post lol.

This. It's so f***ing repetitive.

Every time Liverpool win it's a case of "HAHA WENGER FANS LOOK MONEY ISN'T THE EXCUSE ANYMORE". Don't really care about Liverpool, fair play to them. No one is even coming out and defending Wenger anymore, it's just a case of being sick to the back teeth of people like A~F spouting the same shit over and over again. I can't wait to read his next thread which seems to be about something else but is really just an extension of the Wenger Out thread. Pretty much everything remotely related to Arsenal is twisted back into a debate about Wenger.

Liverpool in great form? Wenger should be embarrassed by Rodgers.
Chelsea win in the UCL? Wenger should learn how to win games by Mourinho.
Arsenal players celebrate after winning a semi-final? Wenger should be ashamed that it got that far.
Any half-decent striker scores a goal for another side? Wenger should have signed him.

Pretty much everything gets back to Wenger one way or another. Obsessed.

LOL
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:14 pm

AFC10 wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Good for you, nobody is hiding, we just aren't all a broken record spamming the forum.

:hail:

LOL
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
No1Fan wrote:

Even though I've backed Sanogo from the start (prob because I was so desperate to see the back of Giroud) my issue when I'm viewing our strikers is that I'm just sick of lamp posts.

We need a mobile striker with pace, for a cheap alternative Sturridge could of been great for us.

I'm so desperate for a mobile striker at this point I'd be willing to throw Ox up front although that's prob not the answer ........ its what Barca did with Messi though.

Come on mate i agree that we need a new striker with pace. I dont think many will disagree and for next season that should be our number one priority but for the remainder of this season sanogo is fine. He isnt lightening but for me he has enough pace to cause problems and is quicker than someone like rvp.

In terms of ox, he cant really be compared to messi, if his intelligence off the ball movement, close control and awareness was even 1/5th of messis maybe i would agree with you, but he isnt even a great finisher, and his movement isnt great either.

We should avoid confusing the lad anymore about his position, play sanogo until the end of the season (he offers more than giroud imo overall) and look to develop him gradually in the future obviously behind 1 preferably 2 other new strikers.

Sanogo is a good player and can actually be a good alternative if we need some height because his game isnt as limited as giroud who will just lay the ball off and stand there admiring.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Roy Keane: "These Arsenal players need a reality check. They're celebrating beating a Championship team."

Although I think he's being a bit harsh, of course we're going to celebrate getting to the final, it just goes to show the contempt the football world has for us at the moment.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:LOL

This pretty much sums up what kind of poster you have become. No substance and nothing of note to say.
Callum
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14